littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: How to get paid as an intern in Moscow?

How to get paid as an intern in Moscow?

Hello,

I am a graduate student in international management with a few years experience. I have applied for a job in Moscow, but the company would like to have me as a intern before going further with getting a permanent work visa.

Does anyone know if I am allowed to earn money with a student visa in Russia? If, so are there any limitations? Or for that matter allowed to receive grants/scholarships and so on.

The company is a trading company and since my possible position is of rather jr rank I am left to try and find the information myself.

I would be very grateful for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Hello,

I am a graduate student in international management with a few years experience. I have applied for a job in Moscow, but the company would like to have me as a intern before going further with getting a permanent work visa.

Does anyone know if I am allowed to earn money with a student visa in Russia? If, so are there any limitations? Or for that matter allowed to receive grants/scholarships and so on.

The company is a trading company and since my possible position is of rather jr rank I am left to try and find the information myself.

I would be very grateful for any help!
    The law about status of foreign citizens in Russia N 115 FZ says that foreign students of professional educational institutions can work w/o work permits only during vacation period

It is your employer's responsibility to insure that you have all the authorizations to perform the work

To be on a sefe side I'd rather still suggest to arrange the the work authorization docs or at list would get a formal opinion of FMS (Federal Migration Service)