littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Work Permit Renewal.

Work Permit Renewal.

Hi Guys !!

have a query related to the work permit renewal. Recently, my work permit has expired and my company has taken passport,registration and migration card back from me for a few days, for renewal of work permit visa. So, now I am left with just a photocopy of all the documents (my passport, expired visa, registration and work permit card).

Now, what if a policeman stops me and asks me for my documents? Will it be ok if I tell him that I have given my original documents for renewal of visa?
    OR should I take a letter from my company saying that this person is our employee and his work-permit renewal is under processing.
    Would that letter be enough? Is there any rule pertaining to such situation?

Also, does anybody have any idea about how long it takes for renewal of Work permit?

I am worried because Victory day is approaching and I am afraid that Security will be tighter in the city, meaning more document checking etc. etc..

Thank you guys !!

Thanks for making this thread a HIT !! 100+ views with 0 replies.

I have got my passport back with new Work-permit + all the documents.

Good news

Now, could you tell me the time that it took? Im in the same process of renewing work permit but I am doing it myself, not the company as at the beginning..

Im just wondering how long it will take to get it

Quote Originally Posted by Narcissist View Post
    Thank you guys !!

Thanks for making this thread a HIT !! 100+ views with 0 replies.

I have got my passport back with new Work-permit + all the documents.

Oh, sorry, that nobody has answered.

I guess, that nobody here knew the exact answer.

I would keep a set of copied documents and a letter from the company.

I do not know this part of legislation, but guess that policemen would not cavil in this case (you have enough proof, you are legal and can proof your identifications, The absence of original document is understandable).
    not only s.t happens!

Quote Originally Posted by pariru View Post
    Now, could you tell me the time that it took? Im in the same process of renewing work permit but I am doing it myself, not the company as at the beginning..

Im just wondering how long it will take to get it

Hi !

I am not sure about the process of renewal. My company also does all this work through an agency. In my case, they kept my original passport for 10 days. But they had also sent the scan copies a week before taking originals, to the agency.

Quote Originally Posted by tvadim133 View Post
    Oh, sorry, that nobody has answered.

I guess, that nobody here knew the exact answer.

I would keep a set of copied documents and a letter from the company.

I do not know this part of legislation, but guess that policemen would not cavil in this case (you have enough proof, you are legal and can proof your identifications, The absence of original document is understandable).

Thanx Vadim !!

But may be the policeman here in Moscow are not as understandable as u think..
    Just 2 days before I got my passport back, I was caught by 2 policeman in the morning. I showed them all the photocopies of my documents + Справка ( the letter from company). Still they were questioning me that why I didn't leave the country after my visa expired etc etc.. In short, they wanted money and I had to pay them 500 bucks to save my a**.

Generally they take them for about 3 days. But I do not worry about copies, as I cannot remember the last time I was stopped by police here. For instance, in the summer I never carry my passport with me, because I have nowhere to keep it

In short, they wanted money and I had to pay them 500 bucks to save my a**.
    500$ ?!???!

Thanx Vadim !!

But may be the policeman here in Moscow are not as understandable as u think..
    Just 2 days before I got my passport back, I was caught by 2 policeman in the morning. I showed them all the photocopies of my documents + Справка ( the letter from company). Still they were questioning me that why I didn't leave the country after my visa expired etc etc.. In short, they wanted money and I had to pay them 500 bucks to save my a**.
    you need to have valid visa all the time once you are here
    i'd request the embassy to assist in such situations - they usually have 24h help lines

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    When your passport is taken so a new visa is put in ,you should be given a paper saying that your documents are at the FMS(when your visa expires).This paper is enough for the police if you are stopped,also carry a copy of your passport.
    Sorry for the late answer, I didn't see this thread.

Although it is better to be safe than to be sorry, a friend of mine lived in Moscow for a year and never carried his passport with him (he was afraid it would get stolen) and he never had any trouble with the police.

He wasn't the most careful person either... actually he was one of the first people I would expect to be stopped from the police for acting out or being belligerent.