littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AussieinMoscow is in the Hot Seat

AussieinMoscow is in the Hot Seat

AussieinMoscow has kindly agreed to answer your questions this week.

Aussie,

If you were on a desert island with three other people, who would they be?

Besides food and water, what absolute essentials would you need to live happily there?

How do you feel about France banning the burqua and niquab?

Thanks AstarD!

If I was on a desert island with three other people I would want my sister, my best friend and Robbie Williams.... I'm sure if we were stuck on a desert island I could convince him that I am a much more suitable partner than his wife

Essentials to be happy on said desert island, would be a cocktail bar (which somehow magically never ran out of supplies), a few good books and some fabulous music. Ok, these aren't really essentials but they would keep me happy!

France banning the Burqua and niquab is ok with me.
    I understand why some people are upset and against it, but I think that if you move to a new country you need to change your ways to fit into that society.
    If I went to the middle east I would dress appropriately for what is expected in that country. I think it should go both ways.

Thanks for the questions!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieinMoscow View Post
    Thanks AstarD!

If I was on a desert island with three other people I would want my sister, my best friend and Robbie Williams.... I'm sure if we were stuck on a desert island I could convince him that I am a much more suitable partner than his wife

!
    That sounds like a pretty good deal for him as well, a three-some with two hot sisters, (I don't know you, but I'll just pretend you are both blonde) and a third girl thrown into the mix (I'll just pretend she has dark hair), and a never ending supply of alcohol.
    Last edited by xSnoofovich; 12-04-2011 at 15:39.
    ◀► ◢◤

What part of OZ are you from?
    Do you have a heavy Ozzie accent?
    Do you follow Aussie footie?
    What do you miss the most about being down under?
    Do you like kangaroos?
    ◀► ◢◤

Do you have a husband or children?
    Do Russian guys interest you?
    What is different between here and there?
    How long have you been here?
    ◀► ◢◤

W

Sarah, pls don't forget to answer Pres. xSnoofovich's last question - whether you distrust fish with mustaches, I mean.

W

Have you ever been to Uluru?

Have you ever met Russell Coight with all his paraphernalia? Where?

xsnoofovich, you have my desert island a bit wrong. I have black hair, my sister has red hair (and she is 14), plus my best friend is a gay guy. Sorry to burst your bubble dear.

What part of OZ are you from?
    I grew up in a small country town in northern NSW. Though I consider home to be Brisbane now.
    Do you have a heavy Ozzie accent?
    No, no one ever guesses that I'm Australian, but they don't know what my accent sounds like either. I can put on a very heavy aussie accent but normally, I just sound like, well, me.
    Do you follow Aussie footie?
    The only football I really get behind is the state of origin or my local footy team in my home town.
    What do you miss the most about being down under?
    I miss friendly Aussies, and just being able to chat to random strangers about anything and everything. I miss my family a lot too.
    Do you like kangaroos?
    I do like kangaroos. We often raised orphan joeys when I was little. My Auntie still has a joey with her most of the time. My favourite Australian animal is probably the Echidna though. They are so darn cute!
    Do you have a husband or children?
    Nope, no husband and no children. Though my mum is nagging me with "when will I get my grandkids?"
    Do Russian guys interest you?
    I was seeing a Russian guy for a little while, but generally I'm not particularly fussed on Russian guys. Although they are much more gentlemen like then Aussie men, who think not picking your nose in public is being a gentleman.
    What is different between here and there?
    The main difference, that is constantly on my mind is the weather. God I miss the sun! We don't have snow in the part of Australia where I'm from too. The people are very different. I think that has a lot to do with Russia's history, Australia is such a young country compared to the rest of the world. We haven't been withered down by communism and corruption, which, I think, works in our favor.
    How long have you been here?
    I've been here for about 15 months now. I am leaving Moscow next month though.

Do you consider Paul Hogan a national treasure?
    Not so much a national treasure. He did well to get Australia known internationally, to show the world what we are about. Not so much that we all carry knives around and live in the bush, but our general outlook on life. He gave us a good name.

Sarah, pls don't forget to answer Pres. xSnoofovich's last question - whether you distrust fish with mustaches, I mean.
    I would be very suspicious of a fish with a moustache!
    [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Have you ever been to Uluru?[/COLOR]
    Not yet, but it is on the to-do-list. I'm very keen to go to Uluru and travel through the Northern territory and go over to Darwin.
    [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Have you ever met Russell Coight with all his paraphernalia? Where?[/COLOR]
    No, I haven't met him. I love his show though.

Thanks for the questions!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieinMoscow View Post
    xsnoofovich, you have my desert island a bit wrong. I have black hair, my sister has red hair (and she is 14), plus my best friend is a gay guy. Sorry to burst your bubble dear.
    That is ok, that makes it even more spicey, plus I think I heard that Robbie swings both ways, and I guess your sister can make the drinks.... ;b
    ◀► ◢◤

If you are leaving next month, where are you going?

Why are you leaving?
    What is on your to-do-list before you go?
    ◀► ◢◤

If you are leaving next month, where are you going?
    Why are you leaving?

I'm going home. The university course I want to do is not going to take new enrolments next year so I have to start this coming semester, which put a bit of a damper on my travel plans.

What is on your to-do-list before you go?

I have done everything I wanted to do, except I didn't get to go to St Petersburg. I intend to come back for a visit in a couple of years and I'll go up there then.

Aussie,

Have you "gone native" in any way?

What do you think you'll miss most about Moscow when you're back in Brisbane?

Quote Originally Posted by AstarD View Post
    Aussie,

Have you "gone native" in any way?

What do you think you'll miss most about Moscow when you're back in Brisbane?
    I drink a lot of vodka If that counts as going "native"?
    I do feel like a local in some ways. I know most of my neighbours and everyone says hello to me and usually says something with reference to a kangaroo.

I'll miss so many things about Moscow. My Russian family and the little community I live in have been a huge part of my life here and I will dearly miss everyone.
    This might sound odd, but I'll miss the bus drivers and taxi drivers that drive me from the metro to my suburb. Most of them know my name and go out of their way to be nice to me and in general provide me with endless entertainment on the short journey home.

I will miss how huge this city is, when I go home Brisbane feels so tiny.
    I will also really miss the metro. Riding the metro is like a mini adventure, you never know what you will see and who you will meet!

FlakeySnowballer Guest
    Considering you are from Australia i should ask you if you are a surfer fan or not?

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeySnowballer View Post
    Considering you are from Australia i should ask you if you are a surfer fan or not?
    Hi Flakey,
    I can't surf, I've tried once and definitely spent more time in the water then one my board. Though I do like it, It would be amazing to actually be able to do it.
    So yes, I'm a fan.
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast