littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AussieinMoscow is in the Hot Seat

Do you live with your host family?
    If so, have they provided you with a computer, or do you use your own?
    Do you speak Russian?
    What sort of food would be found in your fridge?
    What is a normal day entail?
    Why Russia?
    ◀► ◢◤

yu-huuuuuuu

Hey, Assie!
    Tell us how many broken hearts will you leave in Moscow when you go?
    What are your favourite place to hang out in Mcw?
    What the funniest story ever happened to you here?

Per Aspera Ad Astra

Quote Originally Posted by xSnoofovich View Post
    Do you live with your host family?
    If so, have they provided you with a computer, or do you use your own?
    Do you speak Russian?
    What sort of food would be found in your fridge?
    What is a normal day entail?
    Why Russia?
    I do live with my host family. They have been absolutely wonderful and have really made me feel a part of their family.
    I bought my MacBook from Australia although the family would have provided me with a computer if I needed one.

I don't speak Russian. I can read it and I understand a fair bit when it is spoken and I can say the basics, but thats about it.

I've never had my own fridge, so my designated shelf in the fridge would usually have cheese, vegemite, fruit and veg, chicken (because I don't eat red meat) and orange juice.

A normal day, depending on what time I start work, would be:
    Wake up: immediately check my emails and facebook (I hate my addiction to facebook)
    Shower, tidy up, breakfast.
    Go for a walk/head to the shops or stay home and read a book and waste huge amounts of time on the internet (I'm super good at that).
    Start work. I look after a two year old and a four year old.
    Skype/email my family and friends.
    Sleep.
    That's a very basic normal day, but I don't want to bore you all with the details!

I have no idea why I picked Russia. I had been getting job offers all over the world and none of them really made me think "I have to go there, right now!"
    Then I was offered my current job. I had never, ever, even considered visiting Russia let alone living here. I accepted the job and landed at Domodedovo three weeks later. It was a bit crazy, but I would do it again in a heart beat!

Quote Originally Posted by Darya Alexandrovna View Post
    Hey, Assie!
    Tell us how many broken hearts will you leave in Moscow when you go?
    What are your favourite place to hang out in Mcw?
    What the funniest story ever happened to you here?

Hello Darya!
    I don't know if their hearts will be broken as such, but possibly two.

I like to hang out at Katie O'shea's, Pancho villa and I don't mind Wall Street Bar. Plus I love the little french cafe near belorusskaya, Le Pain Quotidien (The smaller one, behind the metro).

I have a few funny stories. Most are stories about being lost in translation.
    The grandmother who stays at our house a lot was asking me about my family and asked if my family took me to the airport when I left Oz. I was trying really hard to understand her and was trying to think of how to answer her in Russian. Now I thought I answered her with, "No, my mum was too sad and would cry too much if she took me to the airport" but it turns out I actually said "No, my mum was pooing to much to take me to the airport". That was a source of comedy in our house for a few days!

Another time I was at the park, helping some grandmothers who are about 70 years old, read their very outdated English picture book. All was going well until they got stuck on the word "cock" I tried to tell them to say rooster instead, but they insisted on repeatedly reading very loudly "COCK". Grandmothers just shouldn't say that! It was hilarious!

hello...
    i was wondering how much money can one make as a nanny in Moscow, given that you can speak english? Do you know many other au-pairs here? how did you find you job, and is it easy to find this sort of work in moscow...

Quote Originally Posted by sis View Post
    hello...
    i was wondering how much money can one make as a nanny in Moscow, given that you can speak english? Do you know many other au-pairs here? how did you find you job, and is it easy to find this sort of work in moscow...
    I personally earn a good salary with great benefits. With this type of work though every scenario is different, salary varies greatly from family to family as do working conditions. It depends if you are an au pair or a nanny as well. In my case, I'm a nanny, I have childcare qualifications and years of experience with young children and children with specials needs. Where as an au pair is generally wanting to have a cultural experience with pocket money.
    I know a few nannies in my neighbourhood who are from the Philippines, I don't see them outside of working hours though.
    I found my job through a nanny website, there are a few Russian families listed on there at the moment. If you are willing to go through an agency there are loads of jobs going in Moscow at the moment.
    It can be easy to find a job in childcare, it's difficult to find a decent job though.

If you want more detailed information on the websites etc just PM me.

Thanks for the questions!

You are going to the uni, yes? What are you studying? What is your favorite music? What is your fav color? What is the craziest thing you have ever done (besides coming to mother rasha)? Where do you see yourself in 5/10/20 years? what advice would you give your younger self?
    ◀► ◢◤

Quote Originally Posted by xSnoofovich View Post
    You are going to the uni, yes? What are you studying? What is your favorite music? What is your fav color? What is the craziest thing you have ever done (besides coming to mother rasha)? Where do you see yourself in 5/10/20 years? what advice would you give your younger self?
    I'm going to get my double degree in paediatric nursing and midwifery.

My favourite music, is a bit of everything really. I love classical and jazz I'm a huge fan of everything from the 50's and 70's and I like most of the current stuff in the top 40 charts. (Although some of the current music is absolutely rubbish)

My favourite colour is yellow.

I've skydived if that counts as crazy? I want to do a shark dive at some point. The closest I've got to doing that though is swimming with New Zealand fur seals.... which is very un-crazy!

I'm not very good at these ones, I'm all too aware of how everything can change and your life get's put on a different track.
    In 5 years : I will hopefully be a qualified nurse/midwife and be rushing about a hospital somewhere helping to deliver babies!

In 10 years: I'm not sure about 10 years. Maybe married? Kids? Still hopefully crossing things of my to-do-list.... it's a mighty long list!

In 20 years: I have no idea! Hopefully I will still love my job and not be "the cranky nurse" that the kids don't like
    A happy, healthy family and home of my own.... I want all those things so if I have them in 20 years time, I'll be very content!

Advice for my younger self would be "Stop wagging school and don't even attempt waitressing jobs!"

AussieinMoscow,

1. I have a problem with ants in my apartment. What do I do?
    2. Do you want Justin Bieber's haircut?
    3. If you had a kid, what would you name it?

1. I have a problem with ants in my apartment. What do I do?
    Hmm, Ant's can be tricky to get rid of! I spray their tracks and entry points with soapy water, vinegar or windex. Usually I use vinegar though, works like a charm! Good Luck!

2. Do you want Justin Bieber's haircut?
    haha No, Justin can keep rocking out that look, I'm quite happy with my current hair style.

3. If you had a kid, what would you name it?
    Charlie for a boy, (although I don't mind Charlie as a girls name too) and I like Lulu for a girls name, I'm not sure though. I have a feeling I'm going to have boys so I have loads of favourite boys names and not many girls names and the girls names I do like, change regularly.

Thanks for your questions!

When is it my turn

to get into the hot seat...jkjk

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewUSA View Post
    to get into the hot seat...jkjk
    It's always the last person who was in the Hot Seat to nominate the next one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12