littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Martpark is in the Hot Seat!

Martpark is in the Hot Seat!

I'd like to thank Flakey for having chosen me as her victim... eghh, pardon, i meant - guest!

Its about the time to announce the next person in the Hot Seat and ask them everything we always wanted to know (but were afraid to ask )

*Ruth is fluffing up the cushions *

Welcome Martpark!

Here are couple of questions for the start:

1. How long have you been living in Russia?

2. What's your favorite food?

3. What's your favorite time of the year?

Thank you for being in the hot seat!
    "If you knew who walked beside you, you'd never known fear."

FlakeySnowballer Guest
    Where are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth123 View Post
    I'd like to thank Flakey for having chosen me as her victim... eghh, pardon, i meant - guest!

Its about the time to announce the next person in the Hot Seat and ask them everything we always wanted to know (but were afraid to ask )

*Ruth is fluffing up the cushions *

Welcome Martpark!

Here are couple of questions for the start:

1. How long have you been living in Russia?

2. What's your favorite food?

3. What's your favorite time of the year?

Thank you for being in the hot seat!
    Cheers Ruth for being so hospitable and for answering so succinctly last week. I'll try my best to honour the hot seat.

1. I've been here 2.5 years I think.

2. A fine question. I like a good risotto al funghi out on the town and at home I like to stir fry veggies.

3. I like 'cycling' weather....if you can ride a bike then the weather's ok by me.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeySnowballer View Post
    Where are you from?
    I was born in England and grew up in the northeast of the USA. Lived in Spain for a decade.

Thanks for the question.

If you like bicycle, where are your favorite places in Moscow for it?

Quote Originally Posted by drtnsnw View Post
    Mountain bike?
    Road bike?
    Both?
    I've had them all. A Specialized mountain bike. An old Peugeot road bike. And a few Dahon folding bikes which I used in Barcelona throughout the year, all of which were stolen. A hot commodity in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    If you like bicycle, where are your favorite places in Moscow for it?
    Sadly, I don't have the space for a bike here but there are plenty of places nearby to cycle, so it may happen in the future.

FlakeySnowballer Guest
    Have you ever tried snowboarding?

Would you, being British and all, care to comment on your fellow countryman's recent statements:

The English county of Midsomer is rural, picturesque, astonishingly murder-prone and completely white.

It's also fictional, the setting for "Midsomer Murders," a TV series that has run for 14 years, offering a steady diet of violent crimes in leafy lanes and villages, all reassuringly solved by avuncular Detective Chief Inspector Tom Barnaby.

Now Midsomer's cozy world has been rocked, and its producer suspended Tuesday, after he said that the show "wouldn't work" if there were any non-white people in the cast....

Although we can see that....

True-May's equation of "English" with "white" was strongly condemned by some, but defended by others, who say he is simply telling it like it is: the vast majority of non-white Britons - who make up about 8 percent of the total population - live in cities or suburbs.
    ◀► ◢◤

Have you ever tried snowboarding?
    No, I haven't but I've tried skiing a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by xSnoofovich View Post
    Would you, being British and all, care to comment on your fellow countryman's recent statements:

The English county of Midsomer is rural, picturesque, astonishingly murder-prone and completely white.

It's also fictional, the setting for "Midsomer Murders," a TV series that has run for 14 years, offering a steady diet of violent crimes in leafy lanes and villages, all reassuringly solved by avuncular Detective Chief Inspector Tom Barnaby.

Now Midsomer's cozy world has been rocked, and its producer suspended Tuesday, after he said that the show "wouldn't work" if there were any non-white people in the cast....

Although we can see that....

True-May's equation of "English" with "white" was strongly condemned by some, but defended by others, who say he is simply telling it like it is: the vast majority of non-white Britons - who make up about 8 percent of the total population - live in cities or suburbs.
    TV mystery writers don't really interest me. You could ask my parents. They live for the stuff.

FlakeySnowballer Guest
    What is the best podcasts for English and Spanish studying?

What is the best podcasts for English and Spanish studying?
    I like the BBC ones....there are many. 6 Minute English is good for English learners. Also Freakonomics and Technology from the NY Times are interesting. There are a ton, so keep exploring.

Spanish podcasts are probably best from El Pais (newspaper) and El Jueves, (satire magazine). Cervantes Institute probably has many but I've never checked. I only listen to football ones, El Marca and Sport.

Have you ever tripped and fell in front of a large group of people? If so, how did you react?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetfart View Post
    Have you ever tripped and fell in front of a large group of people? If so, how did you react?
    I did. Going up the upper tier of the Meadowlands Arena during a NJ Devils game. Not many people would have noticed but a 'friend' pointed it out for those who missed it. I smiled and kept my eyes to the ground.

Cheers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast