littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Want to buy: Notebook with ENGLISH OS

Want to buy: Notebook with ENGLISH OS

I am running into a snag, even at Gorbushka these days. I need to buy a notebook for my wife, light-weight but with built-in DVD-RW, so I settled for the Fujitsu-Siemens with 120G and 1G memory, light. But, all stores I went to can't install the English Vista or XP instead of the Russian one - not because I am asking for a non-licensed installation, but because they can't find one.

Can anyone tell me which store is more helpful?

I tried to find something similar last December and ran into the same difficulties. The Windows XP that comes preinstalled is in Russian and they don't give you a start-up disk anymore (it's on a second disk partition to prevent piracy of the disks, as I understand).

One option would be to just buy the OS separately and install it on the computer yourself. You can either have someone bring you a licensed English version from another country or you can buy a bootleg here and 'authorize' it (for $150, I think) at Microsoft.com.

Ditto...

I couldn't even find a licensed copy to buy here!
    Do as I say, not as I do

neotorg.ru?
    ◀► ◢◤

Quote Originally Posted by Digenis Akritas View Post
    you can buy a bootleg here and 'authorize' it (for $150, I think) at Microsoft.com.
    correct - either buy, borrow, or download the system you want, then go to Microsoft and buy the license

this is the easiest route to go... you get the license number via email, and they even send you a proper install disk to go with it as well

if you are doing this with a pirate system which has been installed for a while and you are thinking about wiping the hard drive and doing a clean install at some point you MUST be sure you have the serial number, as the disc they send you just has a plain sticker and NO SERIAL NUMBER attached or written down anywhere. What I did in this situation was to use this program --> Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit I always run this on any system I am about to reinstall so that I have a clear picture of all the hardware and software which is there - including the serial number of the Windows OS which is currently installed. While we are on this subject, another really helpful program for doing reinstalls is Driver Magician
    Пыщ - Пыщ ололо - Я водитель НЛО ~ I. Reshetnikov

do you do torrents?????download xp pro , or any other, from any good torrent site then legitimise it. i have the trick software to do that if you can't find it and it's straight, no backdoor trojans or the like.

now I have windows vista in english.PM me if anybody want

Thanks a lot to all, very helpful!

I called Microsoft support because I have an original Windows XP Home that came preinstalled on my notebook, but it doesn't have SP2 integrated. So what I wanted to know is weather I can get an XP Home disc with integrated SP2 on it and use my serial number with it. She said it's no problem, just I am obliged to use my serial (I have a sticker proving it's original XP on the bottom of my notebook). So I suggest you download the English version of Vista/XP from some torrent site and just use the serial you will get on the sticker on your new notebook.