littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crime in Moscow by districts

Crime in Moscow by districts

Nezavisimaya Gazeta has published the ranking of Moscow’s districts by the number of crimes committed and here you will find the map based on that ranking: Crime in Moscow by districts

The ranking is not good as it doesn't provide proper details, NG should also post number of crime by type. I know that there are that kind of details for other cities like New York or London but police in Moscow doesn't publish the data
    Everything you always wanted to know about Russia but "were afraid to ask"

Russian Sphinx
    http://RussianSphinx.blogspot.com

Agree that crime by type is important here indeed.

Murdering, robberining, attacks are diffrerent from car crashes (it is a crime as well), cases with deceiving or and so on.

I found, that my distict has 39 position, but next street area is on 59 position.

Though both districts are absolutely safe, from my point of view of living, shopping, walking even late at night and so on.

On the other hand I found that Khovrino has better position in the rating (more safe)!

Nevertheless, thank you for sharing that!
    not only s.t happens!

Kapotnya, Nekrasovka and Metrogorodok are listed among the safest districts in Moscow.
    That's some ridiculous joke for sure.
    Apparently such "expendable" factors like size of a district or its population have been ignored completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesus View Post
    Kapotnya, Nekrasovka and Metrogorodok are listed among the safest districts in Moscow.
    That's some ridiculous joke for sure.
    Apparently such "expendable" factors like size of a district or its population have been ignored completely.
    Oh, you are right.

I do not know the methodics they use, but I can guess, that they compare just the number of cases in each district, but did not do following:

1. type of crimes;
    2. number of crimes vs the quantity of people living in this or that district.

Though I can guess, Yakimanka can be safe (who live there? People just pass it by! )
    not only s.t happens!

Same goes for Dorogomilovo, ranking 36 - I find it rather safe here personally and it's always clean and quiet. Well, guess those subjective factors are difficult to count in anyway.

but you got the huge market there...

Quote Originally Posted by mattology View Post
    Same goes for Dorogomilovo, ranking 36 - I find it rather safe here personally and it's always clean and quiet. Well, guess those subjective factors are difficult to count in anyway.
    and that has to be taken into account. there are always brawls and fightings going on there. BUT it does not spill out onto other streets, however the happenings are are counted.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Indeed. I'd name the railway station as the most contributing object though.

In my opinion crime in Moscow can happened everywhere especially when you are foreigner because thieves are good psychologists.
    You can go everywhere Just be careful We don't have such dangerous districts as in LA or NY

In certain places in the world, shot gun wounds & multiple stab wounds is consider death by naturally causes.
    Other places, death by smoking too much tobacco over your life time is murder.

when i was in New York I was told..

Quote Originally Posted by Vipsa View Post
    In my opinion crime in Moscow can happened everywhere especially when you are foreigner because thieves are good psychologists.
    You can go everywhere Just be careful We don't have such dangerous districts as in LA or NY
    don't go after 5 pm into Central Park. no one told me here
    in Moscow NOT to go to Gorki Park after 5 pm.....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Vipsa View Post
    We don't have such dangerous districts as in LA or NY
    I beg to differ...My home is in the lowest crime zip code in L.A. and a few years ago we had a major shootout just steps away from my balcony...the last in a string of car jackings, robberies, assaults...I think for a foreigner in the outback of MOW this could be true, but even indigenous types in NYC and L.A. can take a wrong turn at any moment and ya stuvo... eg..driving from the beach to Downtown via South Central and everyone's packing...forget about it!

I feel much safer in MOW.

Read:
    http://crime.latimes.com/
    A friend of the Devil is a friend of mine

Just out of interest- is the survey about crime, or about safety?
    And what kind of crime?

In 19th Century Paris there was a street known as the "Boulevard du Crime"- where the main theatres were. Where is Moscow's Boulevard of Crime?

I'd say the most 'criminal' areas of Moscow are not necessarily the most dangerous areas of Moscow for passers-by. They are the expensive areas. Ostozhenka, arouns Tverskaya Street, Rublyovka, etc-. That is where there is the greatest concentration of rich people and therefore the highest concentration of criminals, corrupt bureaucrats etc.

And yes- I live in Tekstilshiki. Have done for 10 years. I have never come across any crime there.

It's not the point.The criminal acts you re speaking about are not so often because if smb decides to get such rublyovka residents travelling to the Heaven/hell they must be just really good killers or smth..preparation...good plan..besides in these areas the murders can't be accidental. As far as i understand we speak about different maniacs,psycopaths and thieves whom you can meet in less popular districts and just by accident.By bad luck,so to say)))
    As for me,i feel safer exactly in center areas because they are always croudy and the crime is more obvious to see for passers-by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
    Just out of interest- is the survey about crime, or about safety?
    And what kind of crime?

In 19th Century Paris there was a street known as the "Boulevard du Crime"- where the main theatres were. Where is Moscow's Boulevard of Crime?

I'd say the most 'criminal' areas of Moscow are not necessarily the most dangerous areas of Moscow for passers-by. They are the expensive areas. Ostozhenka, arouns Tverskaya Street, Rublyovka, etc-. That is where there is the greatest concentration of rich people and therefore the highest concentration of criminals, corrupt bureaucrats etc.

And yes- I live in Tekstilshiki. Have done for 10 years. I have never come across any crime there.

Around Paveltski, inside the Garden Ring it is just fine. Do not care what they report.

Golianovo, Solntsevo're still criminal places

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast