littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: 1 year work visa

Almagro Guest

1 year work visa

And what is the procedure with the 1 year visa. Until now I always had 3 month visa and I used to prolong it in my country. Now I made a 1 year visa and I am not planning to leave Moscow during this 1 year.
    Is it possible? And with this visa I heard I dont need to register. It is true?

It depends on terms of obtaining work permit on new period. If your Employer manages to obtain all necessary documents at time, is no necessity to live Russia. Work visa would be renewal on new period. If no - you should live Russia and obtain visa in consulate of Russia in country of your citizens on the basic of new letter of invitation on behalf of your Employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Almagro View Post
    And what is the procedure with the 1 year visa. Until now I always had 3 month visa and I used to prolong it in my country. Now I made a 1 year visa and I am not planning to leave Moscow during this 1 year.
    You don't have to leave the country and no 90 day rule for a work visa, as far as I know.

Almagro - if you have a working visa ( рабочий) then your employer should deal with registration. If you have a business visa (комерческий) then this probably says 180/360 on it somewhere, and you are only meant to be in Russia for 180 days out of the year. It's designed for business travellers rather than people who want to work here. For this you need registration, but some agencies will do you registration that covers 6 or 12 months, and you won't need to re-register every time you come in. You should ask the person or agency that organised this visa for you what the terms are.

Quote Originally Posted by Almagro View Post
    if the visa is commercial (kommercheskaya) and business (delovaya ), you could not stay 1 year, you have to leave Russia after 90 days from your arrival date.If it is work permit, ypu can stay 1 year and also you have to be registired.