littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New expat venue - "La cour Francaise"

W

I visited the place last night. Was given a waaaaarm welcome by my old forum friends Ganozri and Willy, it was so nice to see them in person. We had dinner in a threesome having good talks about everything: America, Canada, Russia, their traditions and lifestyles. And also exchanging some personal stories and experiences some of which made me laugh (not all of them I could tell in public ;-) ).

The place is a new nicely decorated restaurant (Western style), not big but cosy - that's exactly where you get very personal style of service. Waitresses are young and beautiful girls, they are very attentive. Guessing all your needs and meeting them before you spare time to ask. For example, after a shot of vodka I was eating a slice of ham with bread (oh, bread! They bake their own bread! I ate it warm, it was right from the oven) and at one moment my hand was moving to put it on the table (with a nice cloth on it, so it would have been ok), but before I did it (a matter of seconds, really) the waitress got round to bring a plate and put it under my sandwich. ;-)
    When we were talking with Mr. Ganozri he sometimes used pauses to PERSONALLY serve some other guests with dishes and drinks, keep small talks to them. I saw, he enjoyed it. And I also loved it, it was so nice of him.

They introduced their chef Muhammad to me, and we had a few words with him. He is a relatively young guy with a big professional experience. He worked for famous restaurants in the Middle East. They told him I was a food critic and he was looking at me with keen interest trying to catch my each and every word, not to miss smth important LOL. Naturally he keeps his professional secrets very closely - and there are some! The menu is big, and it's quite a task to choose what you would like to eat.
    What we finally ordered:
    I started with a big glass of dry red wine as an appetizer! ;-)
    Then Mr. Ganozri said it's not enough and ordered another one for me. LOL
    1. Caesar salade decorated with big crunchy cabbage leafs. ;-)
    2. Creamy champignon soup. Oh, there was smth special about this soup...
    It was delicious. I can't describe its taste in words, it was much better than I had expected from champignon soup ordering it. For sure it's one of Muhammad's cooking secrets which he wouldn't divulge.
    3. Chicken fillet with fruit stuffing and garnish (pineapples and smth else)
    And again chicken had some very special taste I am not able to describe - you should try it yourself. (another Muhammad's secret).

All dishes were nicely decorated and looked like pieces of art. I felt like a bit of an art destoyer eating them. And I saw other pieces of art being brought to other tables...

And numerous shots of vodka - we drank two or three decanters of vodka and I don't remember for sure if there were two or three of them (I think you know what I mean). Hopefully, three. ;-)
    I felt absolutely happy leaving them at 11 pm- nice place, good friends, well-illuminated buildings around, well-dressed people walking along Michurinsky prospect...
    Caught a minibus (marshrutka) No 745 which brought me back to metro Universitet.

Their prices on the menu looked resonable - about 300 roubles for a dish.
    And to say more - I didn't have to pay, I was their guest in a full sense of the word. I was only allowed to tip the waitress. ;-)

Congratulations on the opening of your restaurant. Already a nice feedback on the forum, a guaranted success. Long life to La cour franaise.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreyS View Post
    I visited the place last night. Was given a waaaaarm welcome by my old forum friends Ganozri and Willy, it was so nice to see them in person. We had dinner in a threesome having good talks about everything: America, Canada, Russia, their traditions and lifestyles. And also exchanging some personal stories and experiences some of which made me laugh (not all of them I could tell in public ;-) ).

The place is a new nicely decorated restaurant (Western style), not big but cosy - that's exactly where you get very personal style of service. Waitresses are young and beautiful girls, they are very attentive. Guessing all your needs and meeting them before you spare time to ask. For example, after a shot of vodka I was eating a slice of ham with bread (oh, bread! They bake their own bread! I ate it warm, it was right from the oven) and at one moment my hand was moving to put it on the table (with a nice cloth on it, so it would have been ok), but before I did it (a matter of seconds, really) the waitress got round to bring a plate and put it under my sandwich. ;-)
    When we were talking with Mr. Ganozri he sometimes used pauses to PERSONALLY serve some other guests with dishes and drinks, keep small talks to them. I saw, he enjoyed it. And I also loved it, it was so nice of him.

They introduced their chef Muhammad to me, and we had a few words with him. He is a relatively young guy with a big professional experience. He worked for famous restaurants in the Middle East. They told him I was a food critic and he was looking at me with keen interest trying to catch my each and every word, not to miss smth important LOL. Naturally he keeps his professional secrets very closely - and there are some! The menu is big, and it's quite a task to choose what you would like to eat.
    What we finally ordered:
    I started with a big glass of dry red wine as an appetizer! ;-)
    Then Mr. Ganozri said it's not enough and ordered another one for me. LOL
    1. Caesar salade decorated with big crunchy cabbage leafs. ;-)
    2. Creamy champignon soup. Oh, there was smth special about this soup...
    It was delicious. I can't describe its taste in words, it was much better than I had expected from champignon soup ordering it. For sure it's one of Muhammad's cooking secrets which he wouldn't divulge.
    3. Chicken fillet with fruit stuffing and garnish (pineapples and smth else)
    And again chicken had some very special taste I am not able to describe - you should try it yourself. (another Muhammad's secret).

All dishes were nicely decorated and looked like pieces of art. I felt like a bit of an art destoyer eating them. And I saw other pieces of art being brought to other tables...

And numerous shots of vodka - we drank two or three decanters of vodka and I don't remember for sure if there were two or three of them (I think you know what I mean). Hopefully, three. ;-)
    I felt absolutely happy leaving them at 11 pm- nice place, good friends, well-illuminated buildings around, well-dressed people walking along Michurinsky prospect...
    Caught a minibus (marshrutka) No 745 which brought me back to metro Universitet.

Their prices on the menu looked resonable - about 300 roubles for a dish.
    And to say more - I didn't have to pay, I was their guest in a full sense of the word. I was only allowed to tip the waitress. ;-)

Thanks AndreyS, I'm glad you like it.

And we were very happy to meet you!

You got lucky, because you were the only one who wanted to come for Thanksgiving, so we had to forget get the turkey and we didn't want to let you down so GaNozri said "AndreyS? he's a good guy,hell give him anything he wants for free!" I guess it was his way to say sorry for not having a turkey.

I know he'd like to thank you again but he was called out of the country the next day and won't be back until next week, we should get together again sometime, we both had fun meeting you.

On va essayer, obligatoirement

Tried to find you last weekend. The GPS took us into the Michurinsky apartment complex. Can you provide instructions from Universitet metro, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GaNozri View Post
    Dear all!

I am happy to announce the opening of my first restaurant in Moscow. Actually, it has been open since November 1st, but I was hesitant to invite you untill I was 100% happy with my menu. Now everything is set, I have an amazing Executive Chef and a full service bar, so I am finally ready to invite you all to check it out.

The place is located at Michurinskiy prospekt 9, it's called "La cour Francaise"/" ". The closest metro station is m. Universitet. The name suggests a French accent, but it really is more of a fusion of French, Lebanese, Italian and Russian dishes.

I would like to invite everyone for Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, November 25th. We will have turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and of course, pumpkin pie! All you can eat Thanksgiving dinner, plus all you can drink beer or wine for 2000 rubles per guest.

Please RSVP via pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharalumi View Post
    Tried to find you last weekend. The GPS took us into the Michurinsky apartment complex. Can you provide instructions from Universitet metro, Thanks
    Hi, Sharalum

We are very sorry for not getting back to you but GaNozri's father died and he had to leave the country. I too have had some problems that took me away.

Here is our new web site that should have a map on it in the next few days, if you have any more problems you can PM me and I'll give you my phone number and I will guide you here.

www.dvorikcafe.com

Looks and Sounds Great!!

Congrates to you guys on your new business. The website looks great and so does the menu!!!! Should I ever be in or near Moscow I will make a special trip just to dine there. But usually I am only there long enough to make a connecting flight out further east!

Quote Originally Posted by mikegulf View Post
    Congrates to you guys on your new business. The website looks great and so does the menu!!!! Should I ever be in or near Moscow I will make a special trip just to dine there. But usually I am only there long enough to make a connecting flight out further east!

Thanks man!

That's too bad cause I'd really like to meet you.

Now closed, that didn't take long.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    No surprise there.

Too bad I missed it! Not good to be an expat unless in Moscow!

So, what happened?
    ◀► ◢◤

Quote Originally Posted by xSnoofovich View Post
    So, what happened?

Give me a little more time, I can't let it out yet.

Still waiting to hear on what happened? Or should we take the help of Wikileaks?
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Real bagels and NY cheesecake? I will DEFINITELY be there in January. Thanks very much! The closest thing I found that was good with Philly out of the toaster were the bagels at Shtokmann's. However, they have apparently been discontinued (got the answer "we had them, we have run out, they should bring more" too many times). And you're near where I live. Cheesecake with no curds - rather support you than Starbuck's! If there are any 'tricks' to finding La Cour Francaise then please let me know. And congrats on opening!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast