littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New expat venue - "La cour Francaise"

New expat venue - "La cour Francaise"

Dear all!

I am happy to announce the opening of my first restaurant in Moscow. Actually, it has been open since November 1st, but I was hesitant to invite you untill I was 100% happy with my menu. Now everything is set, I have an amazing Executive Chef and a full service bar, so I am finally ready to invite you all to check it out.

The place is located at Michurinskiy prospekt 9, it's called "La cour Francaise"/"Французский Дворик". The closest metro station is m. Universitet. The name suggests a French accent, but it really is more of a fusion of French, Lebanese, Italian and Russian dishes.

I would like to invite everyone for Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, November 25th. We will have turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and of course, pumpkin pie! All you can eat Thanksgiving dinner, plus all you can drink beer or wine for 2000 rubles per guest.

Please RSVP via pm.

Congratulations, I can imagine how much work was involved in starting that project!

Do you have a website where we can see the menu etc?

Congratulations and wish you all the success with your business. What's the new year programe at your restaurant ?

Congratulations. You did it.
    Life is a Journey. Family is a Trip!

Hey - my Congratulations and my best wishes for your success!

Next time I'm in Moscow I will sure drop by! Are you there usually? I would, of course, like to have a drink at the bar with you and toast to your business.

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyGreatConcerts View Post
    Congratulations, I can imagine how much work was involved in starting that project!

Do you have a website where we can see the menu etc?
    Yes, it took twice the time and three times the budget to open, but it was worth it. The website is under construction still. I was thinking of attaching photos and the menu to my post, but have decided against it. The idea is to get you in the door for thanksgiving turkey and free beer, then get your feedback on the regular menu while you are here. I welcome all constructive critique of the menu and the place in general.

It is a small place, but I did my best to make it cozy. It is not cheap, but has a good P/V ratio, IMO. For my North American friends, I have real bagels and NY style cheesecakes. As far as entertainment, we are still working on it.., I'm thinking of having a karaoke night, perhaps some live music? belly dancers? pole dancing night? It's definitely too small for mud or chocolate wrestling.., but hey, we can do anything if we put our minds to it!

Quote Originally Posted by tasel View Post
    Congratulations and wish you all the success with your business. What's the new year programe at your restaurant ?
    New year's programe is still up in the air, but we are definitely going to have some bash! I was thinking of having Ded Moroz go at it with Santa Claus in an attempt to solve their differences once and for all. However, I don't think it would be fair to Santa, since Moroz has a Snegurochka on his side, and Santa.., well maybe if I get the reindeer to show up.
    On the other hand, we still have time to gather a santa team. If we get enough Santa supporters, I might even start to take bets on the event. I know some bookmakers on the other site, who might be interested too.

Seriously though, I don't have a set programme yet and would love to hear what you would like it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by GaNozri View Post
    The idea is to get you in the door for thanksgiving turkey
    Alas that's neither my festival, nor my cuisine - I'm a lifelong

I'm afraid.

But I am interested in those Lebanese dishes you mentioned? Falafel? Hummus? Tahini? Baba Ganouj? Latkes?

New year's programe is still up in the air, but we are definitely going to have some bash! I was thinking of having Ded Moroz go at it with Santa Claus in an attempt to solve their differences once and for all. However, I don't think it would be fair to Santa, since Moroz has a Snegurochka on his side, and Santa.., well maybe if I get the reindeer to show up.
    On the other hand, we still have time to gather a santa team. If we get enough Santa supporters, I might even start to take bets on the event. I know some bookmakers on the other site, who might be interested too.

Seriously though, I don't have a set programme yet and would love to hear what you would like it to be.
    I am clueless about it. It have been ages i was in restaurant for new year celebration and this time i am stuck in Moscow due to my new project. So, i am thinking to go to restaurant, because my friends are all heading back home for holidays

Quote Originally Posted by tasel View Post
    I am clueless about it. It have been ages i was in restaurant for new year celebration and this time i am stuck in Moscow due to my new project. So, i am thinking to go to restaurant, because my friends are all heading back home for holidays
    'Stuck in Moscow'. Please, accept my condolences.

W

Quote Originally Posted by alouette View Post
    'Stuck in Moscow'. Please, accept my condolences.
    I stuck in Moscow in 1978, and what? Still here, safe and sound! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by AndreyS View Post
    I stuck in Moscow in 1978, and what? Still here, safe and sound! ;-)
    You seem quite ok here unlike Tasel or at least he sounded a bit down.

I will turn inside out to get you into my joint. You should take advantage of me while you can.

W

I will turn inside out to get you into my joint. You should take advantage of me while you can.
    Ganozri. How many people signed up for the event? And who?

W

Hey folks!
    Congrats on the ThanksGiving Day! Who will join me tonight? Will be glad to see you there. They start at 19.00.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast