littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody in Krasnodar?

Anybody in Krasnodar?

My company starts a new project in Krasnodar soon and am going to be sent there as a project manager for a year.
    So any information about the city wld be highly appreciated
    And would be lovely to meet some expat people there

I envy you. Nice place, warm, fruits/vegetables/meat/wine. Girlzzzz!!! Relaxed and friendly people. City as a village - 2-3 fllors max out of center. Rectangular net of streets. 2-2.5 hours to the sea by car (both Black and Azovskoe). 2-2.5 hours to Mocow by air, ~10 flights a day (other flights - to SPb, Surgut, Mirny, Chelyabinsk, Sochi, Nizhnevartovsk, Tashkent, Istanbul)

http://www.krd.ru/ - official website of the city
    [ame="http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9A%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B0%D1%80"]Краснодар — Википедия[/ame] - ruWiki

Kick yakspeare, he's now there.

BTW what project you'll start there?
    Last edited by FatAndy; 18-11-2010 at 16:29.

I live in Krasnodar...plenty to do down here...we also have an English club which is free where all the expats meet and all those who want to practice speaking English...so a good way to meet people(especially English/Americans etc)...we are going to karoake on sunday for example...krasnodar has the black sea and mountains down the road and yes good wine and food. the traffic though is akin to moscow.
    cured

Hi yak,
    Help this nice girl

Quote Originally Posted by yakspeare View Post
    I live in Krasnodar...plenty to do down here...we also have an English club which is free where all the expats meet and all those who want to practice speaking English...so a good way to meet people(especially English/Americans etc)...we are going to karoake on sunday for example...krasnodar has the black sea and mountains down the road and yes good wine and food. the traffic though is akin to moscow.

ONLY because you asked me to.
    cured

Thanks!
    ONLY because you asked me to.

Oh really? Thats great!!
    Please give me some more information about the club. Do they go out during the week? I fly to Krasnodar incoming Monday already, dont want to be lonely

I recommend you either Red Royal (ul. Krasnyh Partizan, center) or Premier (a bit distant, Vasnetsova) hotels, of my experience.
    http://www.redroyalhotel.com/
    http://www.hotelpremier.ru/

Quote Originally Posted by kassandra View Post
    Oh really? Thats great!!
    Please give me some more information about the club. Do they go out during the week? I fly to Krasnodar incoming Monday already, dont want to be lonely

they meet officially every 2 weeks on sundays...if you are on facebook you can become a member there and see when they have things on.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/g...d=435760300622

but i am sure plenty of people would be happy to show you around. I even know this aussie who works right in the centre on krasnaya ulitsa next to the boulevard ( Shut up Andy :P ). krasnodar is quite a beautiful city but it is spread out a bit and with the traffic things need some planning...i am still learning where everything is myself. but there is a LOT to do within a few hours drive of the city, of that you are spoilt for choice.
    cured

they meet officially every 2 weeks on sundays...if you are on facebook you can become a member there and see when they have things on.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/g...d=435760300622

but i am sure plenty of people would be happy to show you around. I even know this aussie who works right in the centre on krasnaya ulitsa next to the boulevard ( Shut up Andy :P ). krasnodar is quite a beautiful city but it is spread out a bit and with the traffic things need some planning...i am still learning where everything is myself. but there is a LOT to do within a few hours drive of the city, of that you are spoilt for choice.
    Good. Sundays dont work for me untill the end of the year cause am going to come there only on weekdays in November-December.
    But if there is anybody here ready to show me the city - I'll be very glad.
    And I ll check the link.
    Thank you dear

Well i am often free during the day(work evenings from 6-9 or 6-10) and centrally located so if you want a free tour over a long lunch drop me a line...also my russian teacher is the best tourist guide who is responsible for the preservation of all the old buildings...so he can give you quite an interesting tour with me(free of course).

there are two aussies, one kiwi, half a dozen brits and more than a dozen americans here in krasnodar...i know most of them though a few russian language students at the unis i don't know. but i am sure we can keep you busy.
    cured

Well i am often free during the day(work evenings from 6-9 or 6-10) and centrally located so if you want a free tour over a long lunch drop me a line...also my russian teacher is the best tourist guide who is responsible for the preservation of all the old buildings...so he can give you quite an interesting tour with me(free of course).

there are two aussies, one kiwi, half a dozen brits and more than a dozen americans here in krasnodar...i know most of them though a few russian language students at the unis i don't know. but i am sure we can keep you busy.
    I wish I could! But am working during days....

well send me a pm if i can't entertain you i am sure i can find plenty who will volunteer.

my loss can be someone elses gain
    cured

Yakspeare

I wanted to write that I know one American who lives somewhere around Krasnodar, I have met him on Twitter but I see that you know everybody.

I will remember about you, if I had to go to Krasnodar
    Everything you always wanted to know about Russia but "were afraid to ask"

Russian Sphinx
    http://RussianSphinx.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast