littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 22 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) procedures, registration, tax number, exit visa, work permit, etc. (Dutchman living in Moscow with Russian wife)

Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) procedures, registration, tax number, exit visa, work permit, etc. (Dutchman living in Moscow with Russian wife)

After all the frustration I went through obtaining my Temporary Residence Permit (TRP/РВП) and other documents, I thought it might help out others sharing my story and telling what I learned. My goal was to be able to stay in Russia indefinitely and start working there.

My situation: I'm Dutch and my wife is Russian (we're married), and we live in Moscow. I came to Russia on a business visa (multiple entry). I suppose the following should be very similar to those of other EU countries.

During the entire process I have not had help from any agency or company, though my wife and parents-in-law did help a lot

GENERAL TIPS
    • Always have a paperclip in your passport. With it you can clip your migration card and registration to your passport;
    • Always fill out everything using Cyrillic letters, even your migration card and your address abroad. (Of course passport numbers etc. are an exception.)
    • Every time you enter Russia on a visa, make sure you register at your local UFMS within 3 working days. You can usually also do this at the post office. However, you need to make sure your registration is entered into UFMS' database. Without this, you cannot hand in your documents nor pick up your TRP! Just your paper statement is not enough! Prolongations of registrations also have to be entered into their database. UFMS seems to be quite slow and unwilling to do so, so insist on it;
    • Every time you enter Russia on a visa, TRP or PRP, you need to fill out a migration card. Only citizens of Russia and Belarus do not need to do this;
    • To be on the safe side, always have two copies of the following with you: passport, residence permit, visa, migration card, registration card. You never know when you suddenly need them;
    • Make two notarized translations of your passport. A lot of organizations require you to show them a notarized translation of your passport, e.g. when opening a bank account, so you'll still need one after you hand in the other at UFMS. Also make sure your current visa or residence permit is included in the translation. Include the opposing sides of both the main info page and the visa page.
      For those with an EU passport, make absolutely sure your translation states all the languages used on the parts of your passport you have translated. E.g., a Dutch passport mentions "name", "passport number" etc. in English, Dutch and French. Therefore the translation should literally state "translation from English/Dutch/French to Russian".
      Also, don't include the pages with all terms translated into 22 or so languages. Because yeah, good luck trying to find a recognized translator who can translate from the 22 EU languages to Russian;
    • Prepare for long lines. People often start queueing at 6:00 or so in the morning. There may be a list going around you have to put your name on. Also ask what exactly a particular line is for. It may be the case one line with a list is for handing in documents and asking questions, while another has no list and is for actually receiving your TRP. Always ask who is the last person for a specific purpose (e.g. receiving TRP) and explicitly state you're after them ("я за вами"). (This basically applies anywhere where there's a long line.)
    • Of course it helps a lot if you speak Russian well, but it is not strictly necessary, i.e., if you have someone who can translate for you;
    • Every time you leave Russia, make sure someone returns your registration paper to UFMS within 3 working days. I'm not sure what the sanctions are, but by law the person who registered you is obliged to do so, so better be safe than sorry.

HANDING IN DOCUMENTS FOR TRP
    When applying for your TRP, you'll need:
    • Application form, filled out twice;
    • Statement from Sberbank that you paid RUB1,000 to УФМС России по г. Москве (or whatever city you live in);
    • A health statement ("Медицинское заключение о состоянии здоровья иностранного гражданина");
    • Passport + notarized translation (also of current visa);
    • Police clearance (statement of conduct) from your own country + apostille + notarized translation;
    • Marriage certificate + apostille (unless married in Russia) + notarized translation (if applicable, marriage to a Russian citizen exempts you from the 1500 TRPs/year limit in Moscow);
    • A folder with files in which you present all the required documents. Include the pen with which you filled out the forms. The folder should say something like "Дело №" on the front in big letters. You can get these at office supply stores.

Concerning the application form, pretend you have to show it to the queen. Don't write in the margins or correct words, and write as legibly and clearly as possible. The two forms should be exact copies of each other. If things really don't fit, add an attachment saying e.g. "Приложение к пункту 12.". The way how to fill it in exactly can be found at UFMS. Don't sign your forms beforehand, you have to sign them on the spot with the officer from UFMS, using the pen with which you filled out the forms.

When it's finally your turn and you hand in your papers, you'll also have to sign a statement declaring you'll prove sufficient means of income between 12 and 14 months after the day you receive your TRP. Also ask for a statement (справка) that you handed in your documents. You'll receive a stamp on the back of your migration card, but if you leave the country, you'll have to hand that in. The statement you can keep.

And then the waiting begins. Officially, your TRP has to be done within 6 months. It's usually 5, but if you've got connections, you can make it somewhat less. Apparently Покровка 42 is the place to take care of this in Moscow.

For as long as your visa is valid, you're allowed to prolong your registration by 3 months by showing the stamp on the back of your migration card. Every time you'll receive a prolongation stamp. Once more: make sure they enter your prolonged registration in their database too!

UFMS may call you for some small matters. In my case, I had to get my tax clearance statement myself and bring it to UFMS.

PICKING UP YOUR TRP
    When your TRP is done, it will be "announced" on a small paper hanging somewhere on the wall at UFMS. (I was not contacted by UFMS about my TRP being done.) Before you go pick it up, make sure that you have a copy of your visa with you. First, they'll take all your fingerprints (costs RUB500). Then you'll get a fancy stamp in your passport (the actual TRP), and you hand in your migration card. You'll also get a declaration stating you're allowed to be registered in Russia, Moscow in my case.

REGISTER
    At the passport office you'll have to hand in the following documents:
    • Declaration from UFMS;
    • Copy of your passport + TRP;
    • Copy of a notarized translation of your passport;
    • Copy of a notarized translation of your marriage certificate (if applicable);
    • Copy of the ownership statement of the place you want to register (e.g. flat);
    • Copy of the financial statement of the flat (done by the owner).

You also have to show all the originals when you hand in the copies, as well as the passports of your wife (if applicable) and the owner of the flat. Finally you have to pay RUB200 in Sberbank to УФМС России по г. Москве (or whatever city you live in). You can get the paper for this at the passport office.

You have to get these documents signed by the head of your local UFMS, and then return them to the passport office. You can pick up your passport with registration stamp the next day. (I.e., the next day the passport office is open. Ask about opening hours also.)

Now every time you re-enter Russia, you do not need to register within three days anymore. However, from 10 to 12 months after receiving your TRP, you still do need to re-register at UFMS. (Even though the stamp in your passport is valid for three years.)

Also, don't forget to hand in your old registration at your local UFMS!

GET EXIT VISA
    Just your TRP is not enough to cross the border, you need an exit visa also (выездная виза). This is a multiple entry visa valid for three years, just like your TRP itself. It is with this visa that you can also re-enter Russia.
    In Moscow you can apply for one at UFMS at Покровка 42, window 2 (at the entrance up the small stairs, then left). You need to hand in the following documents:
    • Copy of your passport + TRP + registration stamp;
    • Request form (you can get it at the same window, just cut line and ask for something like "анкета для получения выездной визы");
    • One black and white passport photo.

The exit visa is free, and it's usually done within 1-2 weeks. You can pick it up at the same place (Покровка 42), but at window 3 or 4, where you hand in your passport, and they'll then put the visa in it. Be sure to check if all the data on the visa is correct.

INDIVIDUAL TAX NUMBER
    When you have to prove sufficient means of income, you'll also need an ИНН, individual tax number. You can apply for this at some of the tax services offices (but not all). There may be a line, but all in all it shouldn't take too long (few hours). You need to hand in the following documents:
    • Copy of a notarized translation of your passport.

Of course you need to show the originals too. You don't need to fill out any request form, that's done for you. You'll have to sign some paper work, but check first if all the data is absolutely correct!

You'll immediately get the statement that you now indeed have an ИНН. Store this at a safe place, and of course make copies

WORK PERMIT
    With a TRP you can apply for a "general" work permit, just like the people from CIS, so you do not need anything from your (future) employer. However, the work permit is bound to your city (Moscow) and profession (e.g. programmer). The UFMS in Moscow where you can apply for your work permit is on Новинский бульвар 11. You need to hand in the following documents:
    • Copy of your TRP;
    • Request form for those who do not require a visa (it literally says that, and it's two-sided);
    • Notarized translation of your diploma + apostille;
    • One color passport photograph.

You also have to pay RUB2,000 in Sberbank to УФМС России по г. Москве (or whatever city you live in).

In the fields for nationality and address, it is enough to just fill out your country, e.g. "Нидерланды".

In the fields for work location (front and back), just the city is enough, e.g. "Москва".

You can only request your work permit for one year. Since one year after getting your TRP you can only hand in the documents for your PRP, and not actually receive it, you may need to prolong your work permit then to bridge that gap.

Btw., it's advisable to get up really early to put your name on the list at UFMS. The line may start forming as early as 4:00 at night. You can of course come back later, when it opens at 9:00. Also note that there may be two or three lists. One for handing in the documents, one for picking up your work permit, and possibly one for consultation.

When you've handed in your documents you are given a small statement, which you absolutely need when picking up your work permit two weeks later. (Remember to then put your name on the list for receiving your work permit, early in the morning. Receiving your work permit can take longer than handing in the documents btw.)

Your (future) employer also needs to notify UFMS about you working there, within three days after you start there.

GET PERMANENT RESIDENCE PERMIT
    A year after you received your TRP, you can apply for a permanent residence permit (PRP/ВНЖ). It'll be another few months before you actually receive it. Take into account that a TRP cannot be prolonged, it is given to you only once! You need to apply for and receive a PRP before your TRP expires.

YEARLY ACTIONS
    • From 10 to 12 months after receiving your TRP, and every year again until you get your permanent residence permit (ВНЖ), you need to re-register at your local UFMS;
    • From 12 to 14 months after receiving your TRP, you have to prove sufficient means of income. This can be either salary (RUB8500 per month or so is considered the minimum, you then need the 2НДФЛ form) or a well-filled bank account;
    • Prolong your work permit a month or so before it expires.

So there you have it, good luck!

Succinct and useful. Sticky this please mods.

Thanks Mr Dutchman! How long did yours take? I really need mine to be ready 5 months or earlier. It's been 3 months tomorrow. I guess we just need to keep going in to check? Do we go in and check the piece of paper on the wall where we submitted the application, is it Polyanka? It's really hard to propose a little monetary catalyst there as it's a small open office. What is Покровка 42?
    Last edited by trancophile; 06-10-2010 at 16:57.
    Riding the reef break that is Russia.

Migrations cards

Temporary and Permanent residents don't need to fill in migration cards when entering the country or hand them in when leaving. That's why they took you migration card off you when you received your residency.
    See the Federal Migration Service's Moscow Region division site where they answer a question posted on their FAQ section on the site (capitalization is theirs):

http://www.fmsmo.ru/main.php?p=4-0

"Миграционный учет ИГ и ЛБГ

Я получила временное проживание в РФ. Штамп уже проставлен в паспорте. Также уже и поставлен штамп прописки сроком на 3 года. При пересечении границы мне необходимо заполнять миграционную карту или достаточно показать паспорт?
    Ответ: Во время пересечения государственной границы, при наличии паспорта с отметкой о разрешении на временное проживание и штампа о регистрации по месту жительства, брать и заполнять миграционную карту НЕ требуется. Достаточно предъявить паспорт с соответствующей отметкой и штампом."

I've heard of temporary residents having a few hassles at the border when leaving due to not having a migration card - but what can you do they took it off of you. I've never heard of any permanent resident having any problems about a lack of a migration card at the border.

BTW last time i checked, the exit visa cost money, but maybe that's changed.

BTW last time i checked, the exit visa cost money, but maybe that's changed.
    It has changed. It changed sometime in June/July this year (2010), in between the time I picked up all the documents in order to receive my TRP and actually receiving it, so I had already paid the 1000R and it's a huge PITA to get it back, I still haven't managed to get it back yet.

I asked my FMS about migration cards and they said I did not need them now with TRP. Experience will tell. They did not take my migration card when I received my TRP, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by trancophile View Post
    Thanks Mr Dutchman! How long did yours take? I really need mine to be ready 5 months or earlier. It's been 3 months tomorrow.
    Mine took 2.5 months to be ready (issuing date), and another two weeks before I could pick it up (name on list at UFMS), but my dad-in-law did influence that a lot. Before that, whenever I asked about it, the standard answer was "5-6 months, no earlier."

I guess we just need to keep going in to check? Do we go in and check the piece of paper on the wall where we submitted the application, is it Polyanka?
    Pretty much... There should be a paper stating the names of those people who have been granted their temporary residence permit. As soon as your name is on there, they have everything ready and you can go pick it up. I suppose the location depends on where you are registered, I had to go to UFMS at Kashirskoe shosse 76 (South-East).

It's really hard to propose a little monetary catalyst there as it's a small open office. What is Покровка 42?
    What I understood from my dad-in-law, is that he sped up the process at Pokrovka 42, not at the UFMS where I handed everything in. It was also there that he was told my TRP was ready, and shortly after that my name was indeed on the list at Kashirskoe shosse 76.

Pokrovka 42 is the address of the UFMS of central Moscow, and seems to be the main Moscow UFMS. It's also the place where you can get your exit visa.

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    Temporary and Permanent residents don't need to fill in migration cards when entering the country or hand them in when leaving. That's why they took you migration card off you when you received your residency.
    I know, but customs don't Although I had no problem exiting Russia without my migration card, when re-entering I explicitly asked about it, and they said the only exemption was if you have a Russian or Belarussian passport. I was required to fill it out...

• Statement from Sberbank that you paid RUB1,000 to УФМС России по г. Москве (or whatever city you live in);
    • A health statement ("Медицинское заключение о состоянии здоровья иностранного гражданина");
    • Police clearance (statement of conduct) from your own country + apostille + notarized translation;
    • Marriage certificate + apostille (unless married in Russia) + notarized translation (if applicable, marriage to a Russian citizen exempts you from the 1500 TRPs/year limit in Moscow);
    • A folder with files in which you present all the required documents. Include the pen with which you filled out the forms. The folder should say something like "Дело №" on the front in big letters. You can get these at office supply stores.

Concerning the application form, pretend you have to show it to the queen. Don't write in the margins or correct words, and write as legibly and clearly as possible. The two forms should be exact copies of each other. If things really don't fit, add an attachment saying e.g. "Приложение к пункту 12.". The way how to fill it in exactly can be found at UFMS. Don't sign your forms beforehand, you have to sign them on the spot with the officer from UFMS, using the pen with which you filled out the forms.
    Thanks, very good advices. I`ve got the same experiences more or less.
    However, we are living in 2010, don`t write, fill in the electronic application form!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SV1973a View Post
    Thanks, very good advices. I`ve got the same experiences more or less.
    However, we are living in 2010, don`t write, fill in the electronic application form!!!
    Yes, I used a trick shown me by the FMS - you do it in Word, and print it out on A4, and then get it copied on to two sided A3 at a nearby copy shop. This saved me a lot of grief, as my application form needed re-doing several times, because of various transliteration errors, etc. I kept on turning up with a new version, and the FMS lady would correct it like schoolwork.

Quote Originally Posted by NLD View Post
    Mine took 2.5 months to be ready (issuing date), and another two weeks before I could pick it up (name on list at UFMS), but my dad-in-law did influence that a lot. Before that, whenever I asked about it, the standard answer was "5-6 months, no earlier."

Pretty much... There should be a paper stating the names of those people who have been granted their temporary residence permit. As soon as your name is on there, they have everything ready and you can go pick it up. I suppose the location depends on where you are registered, I had to go to UFMS at Kashirskoe shosse 76 (South-East).

What I understood from my dad-in-law, is that he sped up the process at Pokrovka 42, not at the UFMS where I handed everything in. It was also there that he was told my TRP was ready, and shortly after that my name was indeed on the list at Kashirskoe shosse 76.

Pokrovka 42 is the address of the UFMS of central Moscow, and seems to be the main Moscow UFMS. It's also the place where you can get your exit visa.
    I'm registered near Belorusskaya and the office for me is the central office at Polyanka, which must be the Pokrovka 42 you mention. I don't speak Russian and though present at the time of submission and telling the person who did it for me to offer an incentive for faster processsing, I don't think they actually felt confident enough to do it.

I think I'll just go in myself every week and scan the list. I do wonder if the list includes everyone as they are granted TRP or only those most recent. I'd hate to go, only to have been granted TRP weeks earlier and for it to have been taken down for some reason, e.g. lack of space.

Thanks for your replies.

No, Покровка 42 is more north, definitely not near Полянка. (See also Google Maps.)

The dates on the list spanned about 3-4 weeks if I remember correctly, so I would indeed advise to just go by every week and check it out.

With a wife in Russia and waning to work and settle in Russia. You must go for temparary residency, and then permanent. If you can't fill in forms in Russian then you ask your wife or Russian friend to help you, and speak on your behalf. Permanent residence gives you the oppurtunity to work without a work permit. You could also go for entrepeneur licence if you prefer. This allows you to legally work freelance for a company, and pay only 6% taxes of which is your responsibility. You can also work yourself as a self employed person in the same manner. You wil have a stamp to invoice and give receipts to your customers. Taxes would be lower than what you would pay in comparison to forming your own company,

If you can't communicate in Rusia, and your Russian wife or Russian friend can't help you? Then you wil need a special agent, and no doubt about that.Yes my Russian wife has worked very hard for me, and no doubt about that, and we are partners.

After all the frustration I went through obtaining my Temporary Residence Permit (TRP/РВП) and other documents, I thought it might help out others sharing my story and telling what I learned. My goal was to be able to stay in Russia indefinitely and start working there.

My situation: I'm Dutch and my wife is Russian (we're married), and we live in Moscow. I came to Russia on a business visa (multiple entry). I suppose the following should be very similar to those of other EU countries.

During the entire process I have not had help from any agency or company, though my wife and parents-in-law did help a lot

GENERAL TIPS
    • Always have a paperclip in your passport. With it you can clip your migration card and registration to your passport;
    • Always fill out everything using Cyrillic letters, even your migration card and your address abroad. (Of course passport numbers etc. are an exception.)
    • Every time you enter Russia on a visa, make sure you register at your local UFMS within 3 working days. You can usually also do this at the post office. However, you need to make sure your registration is entered into UFMS' database. Without this, you cannot hand in your documents nor pick up your TRP! Just your paper statement is not enough! Prolongations of registrations also have to be entered into their database. UFMS seems to be quite slow and unwilling to do so, so insist on it;
    • Every time you enter Russia on a visa, TRP or PRP, you need to fill out a migration card. Only citizens of Russia and Belarus do not need to do this;
    • To be on the safe side, always have two copies of the following with you: passport, residence permit, visa, migration card, registration card. You never know when you suddenly need them;
    • Make two notarized translations of your passport. A lot of organizations require you to show them a notarized translation of your passport, e.g. when opening a bank account, so you'll still need one after you hand in the other at UFMS. Also make sure your current visa or residence permit is included in the translation. Include the opposing sides of both the main info page and the visa page.
      For those with an EU passport, make absolutely sure your translation states all the languages used on the parts of your passport you have translated. E.g., a Dutch passport mentions "name", "passport number" etc. in English, Dutch and French. Therefore the translation should literally state "translation from English/Dutch/French to Russian".
      Also, don't include the pages with all terms translated into 22 or so languages. Because yeah, good luck trying to find a recognized translator who can translate from the 22 EU languages to Russian;
    • Prepare for long lines. People often start queueing at 6:00 or so in the morning. There may be a list going around you have to put your name on. Also ask what exactly a particular line is for. It may be the case one line with a list is for handing in documents and asking questions, while another has no list and is for actually receiving your TRP. Always ask who is the last person for a specific purpose (e.g. receiving TRP) and explicitly state you're after them ("я за вами"). (This basically applies anywhere where there's a long line.)
    • Of course it helps a lot if you speak Russian well, but it is not strictly necessary, i.e., if you have someone who can translate for you;
    • Every time you leave Russia, make sure someone returns your registration paper to UFMS within 3 working days. I'm not sure what the sanctions are, but by law the person who registered you is obliged to do so, so better be safe than sorry.

When it's finally your turn and you hand in your papers, you'll also have to sign a statement declaring you'll prove sufficient means of income between 12 and 14 months after the day you receive your TRP. Also ask for a statement (справка) that you handed in your documents. You'll receive a stamp on the back of your migration card, but if you leave the country, you'll have to hand that in. The statement you can keep.

And then the waiting begins. Officially, your TRP has to be done within 6 months. It's usually 5, but if you've got connections, you can make it somewhat less. Apparently Покровка 42 is the place to take care of this in Moscow.

For as long as your visa is valid, you're allowed to prolong your registration by 3 months by showing the stamp on the back of your migration card. Every time you'll receive a prolongation stamp. Once more: make sure they enter your prolonged registration in their database too!

UFMS may call you for some small matters. In my case, I had to get my tax clearance statement myself and bring it to UFMS.

PICKING UP YOUR TRP
    When your TRP is done, it will be "announced" on a small paper hanging somewhere on the wall at UFMS. (I was not contacted by UFMS about my TRP being done.) Before you go pick it up, make sure that you have a copy of your visa with you. First, they'll take all your fingerprints (costs RUB500). Then you'll get a fancy stamp in your passport (the actual TRP), and you hand in your migration card. You'll also get a declaration stating you're allowed to be registered in Russia, Moscow in my case.

REGISTER
    At the passport office you'll have to hand in the following documents:
    • Declaration from UFMS;
    • Copy of a notarized translation of your passport;
    • Copy of a notarized translation of your marriage certificate (if applicable);
    • Copy of the ownership statement of the place you want to register (e.g. flat);
    • Copy of the financial statement of the flat (done by the owner).

You also have to show all the originals when you hand in the copies, as well as the passports of your wife (if applicable) and the owner of the flat. Finally you have to pay RUB200 in Sberbank to УФМС России по г. Москве (or whatever city you live in). You can get the paper for this at the passport office.

You have to get these documents signed by the head of your local UFMS, and then return them to the passport office. You can pick up your passport with registration stamp the next day. (I.e., the next day the passport office is open. Ask about opening hours also.)

Now every time you re-enter Russia, you do not need to register within three days anymore. However, from 10 to 12 months after receiving your TRP, you still do need to re-register at UFMS. (Even though the stamp in your passport is valid for three years.)

Also, don't forget to hand in your old registration at your local UFMS!

GET EXIT VISA
    Just your TRP is not enough to cross the border, you need an exit visa also (выездная виза). This is a multiple entry visa valid for three years, just like your TRP itself. It is with this visa that you can also re-enter Russia.
    In Moscow you can apply for one at UFMS at Покровка 42, window 2 (at the entrance up the small stairs, then left). You need to hand in the following documents:
    • Copy of your passport + TRP + registration stamp;
    • Request form (you can get it at the same window, just cut line and ask for something like "анкета для получения выездной визы");
    • One black and white passport photo.

The exit visa is free, and it's usually done within 1-2 weeks. You can pick it up at the same place (Покровка 42), but at window 3 or 4, where you hand in your passport, and they'll then put the visa in it. Be sure to check if all the data on the visa is correct.

INDIVIDUAL TAX NUMBER
    When you have to prove sufficient means of income, you'll also need an ИНН, individual tax number. You can apply for this at some of the tax services offices (but not all). There may be a line, but all in all it shouldn't take too long (few hours). You need to hand in the following documents:
    • Copy of a notarized translation of your passport.

Of course you need to show the originals too. You don't need to fill out any request form, that's done for you. You'll have to sign some paper work, but check first if all the data is absolutely correct!

You'll immediately get the statement that you now indeed have an ИНН. Store this at a safe place, and of course make copies

WORK PERMIT
    With a TRP you can apply for a "general" work permit, just like the people from CIS, so you do not need anything from your (future) employer. However, the work permit is bound to your city (Moscow) and profession (e.g. programmer). The UFMS in Moscow where you can apply for your work permit is on Новинский бульвар 11. You need to hand in the following documents:
    • Copy of your TRP;
    • Request form for those who do not require a visa (it literally says that, and it's two-sided);
    • Notarized translation of your diploma + apostille;
    • One color passport photograph.

You also have to pay RUB2,000 in Sberbank to УФМС России по г. Москве (or whatever city you live in).

In the fields for nationality and address, it is enough to just fill out your country, e.g. "Нидерланды".

In the fields for work location (front and back), just the city is enough, e.g. "Москва".

You can only request your work permit for one year. Since one year after getting your TRP you can only hand in the documents for your PRP, and not actually receive it, you may need to prolong your work permit then to bridge that gap.

Btw., it's advisable to get up really early to put your name on the list at UFMS. The line may start forming as early as 4:00 at night. You can of course come back later, when it opens at 9:00. Also note that there may be two or three lists. One for handing in the documents, one for picking up your work permit, and possibly one for consultation.

When you've handed in your documents you are given a small statement, which you absolutely need when picking up your work permit two weeks later. (Remember to then put your name on the list for receiving your work permit, early in the morning. Receiving your work permit can take longer than handing in the documents btw.)

Your (future) employer also needs to notify UFMS about you working there, within three days after you start there.

GET PERMANENT RESIDENCE PERMIT
    A year after you received your TRP, you can apply for a permanent residence permit (PRP/ВНЖ). It'll be another few months before you actually receive it. Take into account that a TRP cannot be prolonged, it is given to you only once! You need to apply for and receive a PRP before your TRP expires.

YEARLY ACTIONS
    • From 10 to 12 months after receiving your TRP, and every year again until you get your permanent residence permit (ВНЖ), you need to re-register at your local UFMS;
    • From 12 to 14 months after receiving your TRP, you have to prove sufficient means of income. This can be either salary (RUB8500 per month or so is considered the minimum, you then need the 2НДФЛ form) or a well-filled bank account;
    • Prolong your work permit a month or so before it expires.

So there you have it, good luck!

Permanent Residency

With permanent residency, filling in a migration card is not required.

Romove Guest

[langtitle=ru]Temporary & Permanent Residency[/langtitle]

[lang=ru]Well if anyone need some help let me know!
    phone +7 925 010 2280
    Can't say the company name,only by the phone i will let you know,but one thing i can say that we are working all over the world , there is more than 40 offices locations around the globe .
    Professional expatriate help at any location and 24/7
    So call an ask for help.[/lang]

No, Покровка 42 is more north, definitely not near Полянка. (See also Google Maps.)

The dates on the list spanned about 3-4 weeks if I remember correctly, so I would indeed advise to just go by every week and check it out.
    Thanks for that chap.

I live in the Central region (Taganka), and I did my application on Polyanka. I went to Pokrovka for the final step, getting your multi-entry visa.

Top tip on Polyanka - if you get there at 0845 or so, you are normally first in the queue, and get the FMS officers when they are fresh. The door opens at 0900 on the dot.

Page 1 of 22 123456711 ... LastLast