littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diploma?

diploma?

Hi,

can anyone give me any info about having to have a diploma to get a work permit? Does it have to be uni or can it be college, do you need the origional etc...?

thanks

It can a college certificate too. Basically the idea is to prove that the person is educated & skilled.

What if one has none of the above? IE highschool only degree?

In such case, you've to get a fake one

Quote Originally Posted by tasel View Post
    In such case, you've to get a fake one
    That seems rather idiotic; in 10 years of running my own company I've never once had to show a diploma, and I was hired out of college.

think there might be some confusion here as to college/univerisity diplomas. In the US a college diploma is a university diploma normally the equivalent of a bachelor's degree. That is what I had and I have had no issue getting a work permit.

You do need a notary certified copy of it that also needs to be apostilled but that is not too hard to arrange - just email the registrar's office at your school and ask them for it.

Feel free to PM if you have anymore questions - I just went through the whole process 3 months ago.

It also depends what your job is going to be (on your work permit). There are some positions that do not have strict education requirements attached to them. Funny enough Director of the Branch or the Representation of the company is one of them - no special education required!
    Its best to ask your company's HR that are supposed to be charged with this kind of thing - all cases are different!

Quote Originally Posted by kharaku View Post
    That seems rather idiotic; in 10 years of running my own company I've never once had to show a diploma, and I was hired out of college.
    If you have done all the paper works legally as it should be, i wonder how they never asked for it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyana.de.fine View Post
    It also depends what your job is going to be (on your work permit). There are some positions that do not have strict education requirements attached to them. Funny enough Director of the Branch or the Representation of the company is one of them - no special education required!
    Its best to ask your company's HR that are supposed to be charged with this kind of thing - all cases are different!
    Computer Programmer (I wonder if I bring my iPhone and show them app's I've written if that meets the requirements...

Computer Programmer (I wonder if I bring my iPhone and show them app's I've written if that meets the requirements...)

Computer Programmer (I wonder if I bring my iPhone and show them app's I've written if that meets the requirements...)

Nope, sorry!
    Tell them you want to be a Director

rk24 Guest
    Would a "Certificare in University Preparation" from a 6month University pre degree course do?

You can even make belly dance to them.
    No document <=> no education. Welcome to real world, Neo.

Actually a relevant diploma -either of college or university is required for any professional activity, certificate course may also do, but it depends on the position you apply. Normally when applying to FMS with your docs you have to show them notary translation into Russian of your apostilled ( in case if your country is party to the Hague Convention) or consular verified diploma. If you have not verified/apostilled your diploma before that may take quite a time, so be ready to spend some time waiting for it, while planning your work permit dates.
    However I have heard of some ways existing to solve this problem in case if diploma is not available, as for example for managers, a short-term one months or so course of managment can be taken in Russia and that is it, you get a certificate which is valid and does not require any verification/notary translation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast