littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 Farce

Formula 1 Farce

So F1 once again turns into a farce - glad I didn't shell out $ to go and watch it ...

Its a disgrace etc etc rant rant ....
    Champagne the best lager money can buy

Emk Guest
    Really disgrace for Ferrari! Wonder what they were thinking when deciding to turn down Michelin suggestions. I will be hard to respect the team now. I think this will be a hard blow to their reputation and Ferrari sales will go down now on the American market. It's such disrespect to spectators! Just curious to see Schumacher and Barichello faces when they are on popodium.

Dont think it will affect sales of Ferrari per se ...but agree as a fan base they have just turned off a lot of fans

Emk Guest
    May be not at once, but Ferrari is a status car and what an advertisement they are doing for their cars now! SHAME!!!
    I wonder if all the cars can finish the race. People keep on throwing bottles, who knows what might happen.

Jesus !! The two Ferraris have banged into each other ! Can this get any worse ????

i'm not sure that I'm in chagre of full details of this situation.
    i suppose this disregard situation makes a lot of rumors now about what team is the best. Ferrari used to be "the top" at the last few years - that's why the owner of it didn't let to build the wall (I didn't know how it will be in english) - it's just the reason to revenge to Ferrari's failure this year.
    Most depends not only of Ferrati but on FIA new rules.

Now come on. this race was meant to be in this track, with out the CHICANE the michelin teams needed. If the tyres can't last for more than 10-15 races that is the problem of michelin and bridgestone teams are not responsible for that any way. The Ferrari followed the rule they won the race and we cannot take the credit away from them now can we?

Now if you think that ferrari should have admitted to race with the chicane bulit, that is a mistake. Imagine if ferrari had a engine that could have last only for 20 laps or so, do you think these michelin teams would have agreed to build a chicane?I mean its so unlikely.

Rules are rules and its for every one. A car is considered to be good if they are good in all departments including the tyre . Tyre is a fctor which affects most of the race finishes. So obviously the bridgestone teams had a better tyre and so better tyre and they won the race. What's there to disgrace FIA or ferrari ?

Its not like michelin doesn't know this track. If you see the previous races michelin had problems with wear and tear. This time it went out of their control. That's it. So simple. Michelin is filled with SH*T and so all the teams who used michelin get the result.
    Last edited by Broken Arrow; 20-06-2005 at 00:23.
    If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bull sh*t

Emk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Olga Ten
    Most depends not only of Ferrati but on FIA new rules.
    But Jordan and Minardi did actually support the idea of inserting the chicane ahead of the turn 13. Ferrari was the only team to object. Had they supported Michelin teams demand , and with all three other teams supporting it too, FIA would have found it hard to insist on their position.
    There seems to be a regulation that at least 12 cars should take start. Otherwise the GP results may be annulated. Anybody knows if it's really so

Emk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Arrow
    Now come on. this race was meant to be in this track, with out the CHICANE the michelin teams needed. If the tyres can't last for more than 10-15 races that is the problem of michelin and bridgestone teams are not responsible for that any way. The Ferrari followed the rule they won the race and we cannot take the credit away from them now can we?

Now if you think that ferrari should have admitted to race with the chicane bulit, that is a mistake. Imagine if ferrari had a engine that could have last only for 20 laps or so, do you think these michelin teams would have agreed to build a chicane?I mean its so unlikely.

Rules are rules and its for every one. A car is considered to be good if they are good in all departments including the tyre . Tyre is a fctor which affects most of the race finishes. So obviously the bridgestone teams had a better tyre and so better tyre and they won the race. What's there to disgrace FIA or ferrari ?

Its not like michelin doesn't know this track. If you see the previous races michelin had problems with wear and tear. This time it went out of their control. That's it. So simple. Michelin is filled with SH*T and so all the teams who used michelin get the result.
    If you consider only rules, yes, they were right. I doubt anyone would call their attitude sporting, though. It was not the matter of one team having some problems. Imagine there would have been serious crashes?
    Triumphant victory it was, for sure. I guess those people who came to see the race are impressed by the Ferrari's first victory of the season.

I didn't see the end of this farce show race but as I saw the results in website that the "show" goes on because on the 52-nd lap Michael Schumacher went from the box when Barichello should wait for him on the "grass"))

I really don't care about the results but it was very funny. History doesn't forget this

Emk Guest
    History doesn't forget this
    This is for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Emk
    But Jordan and Minardi did actually support the idea of inserting the chicane ahead of the turn 13. Ferrari was the only team to object. Had they supported Michelin teams demand , and with all three other teams supporting it too, FIA would have found it hard to insist on their position.
    There seems to be a regulation that at least 12 cars should take start. Otherwise the GP results may be annulated. Anybody knows if it's really so

As far as my memory goes that was the rule before 1998. They amended it Like two teams minimum in a race. Of course Ferrari objected and rightly so. Guess what when the one tyre rule was introduced. Ferrari did object that and no body else would support them. So now its their turn. Come on now every one wants to win. If the other two teams didn't race the race wouldn't be there . But they did race atlast. So it doesnt really mater if the other two teams were agreed to Build the chicane.

I didn't see the end of this farce show race but as I saw the results in website that the "show" goes on because on the 52-nd lap Michael Schumacher went from the box when Barichello should wait for him on the "grass"))

I really don't care about the results but it was very funny. History doesn't forget this
    Olga. Barrichello didn't wait for michael, but it was really a close one. Mike actually braked for rubens to go in front, after trying to get in front, but it was Rubens' mistake that he went out of the track. I saw the race. But it was very close. They actually might had a contact if Mike didn't brake. And I dont think they both also enjoyed the race coz they do want to race with every one else. But again its not their fault. From outside it looks like that. May be because I'm a ferrari fan I feel this way. But the this is the truth.
    Last edited by Broken Arrow; 20-06-2005 at 01:14.

koba65 is offline As confused as a hungry baby in a topless bar.
    The race is a farce because of Michelin, NOT Ferrari - they couldn't provide a product safe enough for their racers and then wanted FIA to change the race to suit them. They were happy with the one tire (tyre for you Brits!) rule when it worked against Ferrari, now that it's tripped them up they're sweating bullets, quiting races, etc. . They p*ssed on the fans and in a country that would have a good $$$$$ market for them if they could attract fans - this won't. However, I do think this was bound to happen, and it was probably wiser to do it in the States rather than in Europe where a riot would have ensued after such a display. Pathetic.
    It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married

Quote Originally Posted by koba65
    However, I do think this was bound to happen, and it was probably wiser to do it in the States rather than in Europe where a riot would have ensued after such a display. Pathetic.

Hehe

I actually thought the US fans were immature to throw bottles and things on the track. I thought in europe it would have not been that way. May be I'm wrong. A riot for F1 race............ The worst possible thing that can happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast