littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Antalya - Visa Experience

Moscow Wolf is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Antalya - Visa Experience

I recently went to Antalya to get a new visa and these are my findings, but not to confuse the reader(s) I should add a little background information first, so: -

Have been coming to Russia since 1994 and always received 1 year commercial multi-enty visas and always in London

I'm in that year when my passport expires in December so I wasn't able to get a one year visa on that passport

I apply for a second pasport from the British Embassy, no problem, but I left it too late to be able to use it for a new visa back to Russia.

I go to my agent and ask if I can get another 3 month commercial visa and colect it in Antalya, she says that because time is short I should pay an extra $10 and they can send a telex to the Consulate in Antalya. She makes a phone to some department in Moscow and then says no, you can only have a 1 month commercial visa so I say OK that'll do.

I go to local travel agent and through TEZ Tours I buy a 10 night all inclusive holiday for two in the KayaBelek hotel at a cost of $1,600ish. Included in that was an extra $20 per person to fly the normal Aeroflot scheduled flight and not on a charter.

My agent moves office, doesn't tell me, loses my mobile number and so when I phone her mobile a day before I'm due to leave, she tells me that they won't give me a 1 month commercial, but only a 1 month tourist visa - angry but little choice. I go to collect my invitation and whilst in her office, I ask her to telephone the consultate in Antalya and just check that everything would be ok. She phones in my presence and gets a very short sharp shrift from somebody there, who basically says, what do you think that we are here for, we issue visas and slams the phone down.

So, off we go to Antalya, I have a weekend and the Monday to relax before going to the Russian Consulate in the centre of Antalya. However, before we go, I ask my girlfriend to phone them on the Monday and ask about opening times etc. she was briefed what to say and ask. The man was once again extremely rude and unhelpful, but we got the information that there was no way I could have a tourist visa for a month, only two weeks and that it would cost $55.00

So off we go, the Consulate is a lovely building in the centre of the city and near to the Mayor's house. I'm on time for the 10.00 hours opening and I see that there are only one or two people waiting and I'm now Russian in my mentality and get in there first.

You sit in a little room with 2/3 interview windows with a glass partition and a microphone. The guy sits down and I understood from his opening lines that we were not going to get on and that I must not do a Wolfie, flare up and try and smash the armoured glass. His questioning was in the tone and manner of what many Russians suffer in western embassies, i.e. 'Are You a Prostitute'. First he tells me that as a British subject, I must go to the UK to receive a new visa, this I argue with logic and he rescinds.

Note, that they only speak Russian and Turkish so if you don't have the lingo, forget it. After scrutinizing my full passport of Russian and other countries immigration stamps, he went on interrogate me about why I wanted to visit Russia. I anwsered in a way that I thought he would wish to hear and he then went on to tel me that I couldn't have a month's visa but only a two week toursist visa. I was in no position to argue really so I didn't although I did try to explain to him that as the visa was sponsored by Intourist one would think that they knew what they were talking about.

Anyway, he took my $55.00 gave me another hard time as there wasn't a clean page left in my passport to put the visa and told me to come back a 14.30 to collect it and my passport.

So I got it and I'm back and now working on an invitation to get a one year commercial multi-entry and apply for a work permit etc etc. Guess where I'm going............. YEAH London.

Besides that one day of stress the holiday was fantastic, fantastic room, service and as much food and drink as you can manage. Great shopping in Antalya and the local town for genuine designer stuff at half of Moscow prices and knock-off copies for a song. I'd definately repeat the holiday, but would only go back there for a visa in a tank with a regiment of Paras.

i got my work visa there last oct. was a bit stressed when i showed up an there was no one there at 10 am turns out they open at 11 am no big deal. they give me a little hassle about why i came to antalia for my visa but all in all not too paniful. they guy that handled my visa spoke english so no problems there $65 and i was out of there....

Didn't even know there's a Russian Consulate in Antalya. Has anyone successfully received a 1 year, multiple-entry commercial visa there? Any idea re: price for a U.S. citizen? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Moscow Wolf
    I recently went to Antalya to get a new visa and these are my findings, but not to confuse the reader(s) I should add a little background information first, so: -

Have been coming to Russia since 1994 and always received 1 year commercial multi-enty visas and always in London

I'm in that year when my passport expires in December so I wasn't able to get a one year visa on that passport

I apply for a second pasport from the British Embassy, no problem, but I left it too late to be able to use it for a new visa back to Russia.

I go to my agent and ask if I can get another 3 month commercial visa and colect it in Antalya, she says that because time is short I should pay an extra $10 and they can send a telex to the Consulate in Antalya. She makes a phone to some department in Moscow and then says no, you can only have a 1 month commercial visa so I say OK that'll do.

I go to local travel agent and through TEZ Tours I buy a 10 night all inclusive holiday for two in the KayaBelek hotel at a cost of $1,600ish. Included in that was an extra $20 per person to fly the normal Aeroflot scheduled flight and not on a charter.

My agent moves office, doesn't tell me, loses my mobile number and so when I phone her mobile a day before I'm due to leave, she tells me that they won't give me a 1 month commercial, but only a 1 month tourist visa - angry but little choice. I go to collect my invitation and whilst in her office, I ask her to telephone the consultate in Antalya and just check that everything would be ok. She phones in my presence and gets a very short sharp shrift from somebody there, who basically says, what do you think that we are here for, we issue visas and slams the phone down.

So, off we go to Antalya, I have a weekend and the Monday to relax before going to the Russian Consulate in the centre of Antalya. However, before we go, I ask my girlfriend to phone them on the Monday and ask about opening times etc. she was briefed what to say and ask. The man was once again extremely rude and unhelpful, but we got the information that there was no way I could have a tourist visa for a month, only two weeks and that it would cost $55.00

So off we go, the Consulate is a lovely building in the centre of the city and near to the Mayor's house. I'm on time for the 10.00 hours opening and I see that there are only one or two people waiting and I'm now Russian in my mentality and get in there first.

You sit in a little room with 2/3 interview windows with a glass partition and a microphone. The guy sits down and I understood from his opening lines that we were not going to get on and that I must not do a Wolfie, flare up and try and smash the armoured glass. His questioning was in the tone and manner of what many Russians suffer in western embassies, i.e. 'Are You a Prostitute'. First he tells me that as a British subject, I must go to the UK to receive a new visa, this I argue with logic and he rescinds.

Note, that they only speak Russian and Turkish so if you don't have the lingo, forget it. After scrutinizing my full passport of Russian and other countries immigration stamps, he went on interrogate me about why I wanted to visit Russia. I anwsered in a way that I thought he would wish to hear and he then went on to tel me that I couldn't have a month's visa but only a two week toursist visa. I was in no position to argue really so I didn't although I did try to explain to him that as the visa was sponsored by Intourist one would think that they knew what they were talking about.

Anyway, he took my $55.00 gave me another hard time as there wasn't a clean page left in my passport to put the visa and told me to come back a 14.30 to collect it and my passport.

So I got it and I'm back and now working on an invitation to get a one year commercial multi-entry and apply for a work permit etc etc. Guess where I'm going............. YEAH London.

Besides that one day of stress the holiday was fantastic, fantastic room, service and as much food and drink as you can manage. Great shopping in Antalya and the local town for genuine designer stuff at half of Moscow prices and knock-off copies for a song. I'd definately repeat the holiday, but would only go back there for a visa in a tank with a regiment of Paras.
    i recall giving my thoughts on turkey before you went ,was wrong regarding the lines ,but regarding the attitude seems i was right.
    my advice go to vilvius same day job ,easy and quick and a nice city.
    flying the night before or in the morning and back in the evening
    pm for more info if you need it
    Last edited by equalizer; 16-06-2005 at 15:17.

Equalizer,

Have you been to Vilnius recently? Someone recently posted that they now require a 5 day turn-around. I have to go next month & was planning on doing my usual Vilnius trip, but might not if it's 5 days. According to Embassy's Web site you can still do it in one day. Recent info update appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bostonian
    Equalizer,

Have you been to Vilnius recently? Someone recently posted that they now require a 5 day turn-around. I have to go next month & was planning on doing my usual Vilnius trip, but might not if it's 5 days. According to Embassy's Web site you can still do it in one day. Recent info update appreciated. Thanks.
    yes 6 weeks ago,make sure your invite states only Moscow and no other cities ie sensitive ones as then they are required to do a security check on you with the central archives mvd or lubyanka something to do with journalists .maybe fact or not anyway that's the story
    i thought it was a windup until i met a us guy who had been told the same in Riga and he bused it down to Vilnius so they are cracking down on day trippers,anyway as i said before if you can handle officialdom then you may be able to talk yourself through.

Thanks for the info guys. It looks to me like London is still the easiest option, for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by equalizer
    yes 6 weeks ago,make sure your invite states only Moscow and no other cities ie sensitive ones as then they are required to do a security check on you with the central archives mvd or lubyanka something to do with journalists .maybe fact or not anyway that's the story
    i thought it was a windup until i met a us guy who had been told the same in Riga and he bused it down to Vilnius so they are cracking down on day trippers,anyway as i said before if you can handle officialdom then you may be able to talk yourself through.
    and 400us for the visa and 20us for quick service

Multiple entry visa Antalya

Maybe I'm crazy after reading Moscow Wolf's experience in Antalya, but 1 day of hassle & 6 days of relaxation in Anatalya doesn't sound too bad. What I haven't seen or read from anyone is their experience as a U.S. citizen getting a 1 yr., multiple-entry business visa in Antalya. Cost, requirements (insurance, aids test), time req'd. for processing, etc.

Seeking concrete info. Has anyone done this? Thanks.