littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hillary vs. Condoleeza

Green Tea is offline 私はセクシーである!

Hillary vs. Condoleeza

Just a thought, do you think the next American election in 2008 could be a "show down" between Hillary Clinton and Condoleeza Rice? I think it would be a damned good campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Green Tea
    Just a thought, do you think the next American election in 2008 could be a "show down" between Hillary Clinton and Condoleeza Rice? I think it would be a damned good campaign
    If you run into presidence in 2008, the compaign will be even more fun
    Veni, Vidi, Visa: I Came, I Saw, I Did a Little Shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila
    If you run into presidence in 2008, the compaign will be even more fun
    I'm not American. But I could run for Prime Minister someday ....... hahahah

who knows what will happen in 08. republicans will want to hold on to the White House and thus pick someone who has every chance of being elected...Hillary will run at some point for president, but i'm not sure that it will be in 08, although she does have an exploratory commission 'checking things out' from what i've heard recently. i'm gonna get virtually lynched for this, but i'd love to see hillary in the oval office...and bill as first husband...

i think another thing that somewhat hampers / muddles hillary's potential candidacy as the democratic presidential candidate is bill's possible appointment as the head of the UN to replace Annan...not sure what will happen with that, and haven't really looked into it...

random thoughts...but, i'm still trying to recover from the last election...sigh...
    Let us dream of evanescence, and linger in the beautiful foolishness of things.
    -- Okakura Kakuzo, from The Book of Tea

Britanski Soldat Guest
    Condaleeza, the first black and female President of the USA - could that be possible? That would be an accolade..........

even better

Imagine Colin Powell as Prez and Condolezza as VP!!!!!!!!!
    A definite ticket BUT sad to say...the world isn't ready for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Britanski Soldat
    Condaleeza, the first black and female President of the USA - could that be possible? That would be an accolade..........
    Indeed, I think it would be a brilliant tactic by the republicans. That is.... if they can bring themselves to allow it...African American, Female, Single (possible lesbian), etc.

In reality, I'm guessing they will push for Jeb Bush as they next incarnation though.... Sadly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAYOLA
    Imagine Colin Powell as Prez and Condolezza as VP!!!!!!!!!
    A definite ticket BUT sad to say...the world isn't ready for it!
    Not likely. Colin's credability was destroyed with those whopping lies about WMD. From what I've read, he is a ruined man in US politics.

In reality, I'm guessing they will push for Jeb Bush as they next incarnation though.... Sadly enough.
    oh...please no...it is highly probable...but i'm not sure that i could stomach it...sigh...
    Let us dream of evanescence, and linger in the beautiful foolishness of things.
    -- Okakura Kakuzo, from The Book of Tea

Indeed, Single (possible lesbian), etc.
    Here's the report i was just given by the people that're stalking her.
    "Single. Unmarried. Unengaged. Uninvolved. No commitments".
    Veni, Vidi, Visa: I Came, I Saw, I Did a Little Shopping

He did his job and supporting the president was the number duty. I cannot see anyone else as a better nominee, and he has long been the best candidate.

Clinton vs. Rice? Only Celebrity Death Match

Senator Clinton vs. Dr. Rice in 2008? Interesting forum concept, but it won’t happen.

Senator Clinton is just too divisive a candidate to win a national election. She seems like a front-running Democrat now, but that is probably because she has the best name recognition for now. In any event, although she will always do well with liberal Democrats, she would have a really hard time in other circles.

Dr. Rice is a very impressive person, but she has little political or executive experience. There is no telling how she would do in a campaign where she would have to deal with issues outside of foreign policy and security. She might surprise us, but I can’t see her running for the White House next time around. Perhaps as a VP candidate, but not a Presidential candidate.

General Powell is an interesting guy. He has never been elected to office, but he has long-standing political and executive experience. He also has a great reputation across party lines and with independents. It is hard to tell, however, how much support he would get with conservative Republicans in getting the nomination. He seems a bit “moderate” for that crowd. I’d like to see him run to see him define his positions on a variety of issues. For now, I’d really like to see him in the Senate.

Governor Bush (Jeb) has no chance in 2008. He is not taking the kind of national position he needs to build his own reputation (for example, if President Bush wanted him in place, he would have made him Attorney General or something like that) and I don’t think voters want to have a third guy from the same family in the White House so soon. My guess is that he might look to the Senate or a Cabinet post with the next GOP President.

My money is on John McCain. He is the one national figure who can draw good support from the three “parties” (Republicans, Democrats and Independents) in a national election. He would destroy any other candidate from either party in the national vote, but he might have problems getting through the primaries to get the nomination. He might have to team up with a very conservative VP candidate to get the nomination. Also, he is getting up there in years. He is healthy now, but who knows how he’ll be in 2008?

The upshot – McCain/Frist take an easy win to the White House in 2008.

Watch out for the up and comer – Michael Steele (now Lt. Governor of Maryland and no connection to the Hungry Duck). This guy is going places!

http://www.gov.state.md.us/ltgov.html

Lt. Governor, Michael S. Steele

Interesting reading!

He gave a great speech at the GOP Convention last summer. My guess is he is headed for the Senate and beyond.

Britanski Soldat Guest
    [QUOTE=CRAYOLA]Imagine Colin Powell as Prez and Condolezza as VP!!!!!!!!!
    QUOTE]

Coln Powell would make a fine President but I understand that his wife will not allow to run for President as she is convinced that some white supremicist / KKK type will asssassinate him...................!

I tend to agree, I think that he could become too much of a target for the nutters!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast