littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Schools???

Schools???

I know this question has been ask so many times but I'd really appreciate if someone can give me some information on the schools your kids are attending.
    My kids are ages 8 and 9, currently attending BIS but I dont think we can afford to keep paying for this school. Their prices go up every summer and their facilities are not improving. If your kids are attending a private Russian School and English is their second Language, please can you share that information.

I'd really appreciated it.

Quote Originally Posted by coki
    I know this question has been ask so many times but I'd really appreciate if someone can give me some information on the schools your kids are attending.
    My kids are ages 8 and 9, currently attending BIS but I dont think we can afford to keep paying for this school. Their prices go up every summer and their facilities are not improving. If your kids are attending a private Russian School and English is their second Language, please can you share that information.

I'd really appreciated it.
    out of curiosity what do you pay yearly ,my kid is six and is going to a russian school ,where by all standards i am really happy,but have been considering going private ,

School

British School will be charching $18,800 next year for my 8yr old.

P&M Guest
    $18,000 to recieve the mixed up mess that they call a curriculum in the UK!

Ours (8 & 7) are at a small private Russian school in the west of Moscow (just off Rybilovskoe) - approx. $700 per school month. For this they get a native English (Englishman from London) teacher for 8 hrs a week plus a good Russian primary education (very 3R orientated) - their maths seems to be way ahead of their UK friends and their written English at least adaquate. The price includes 3 meals; door-to-door delivery/collection and 8:00 to 18:00 supervision, but excludes some optional sports/arts programmes.

One of their classmates was removed from BIS 1st class as the parents were unhappy and after testing, was required to resit the 1st year. After nearly 1 year at BIS, the kid could still hardly speak any English and was well behind in maths etc.

I don't beleive our school is unique - we know of at least 3 similarly priced and structured schools in the western region. An internet search will throw up some options.

Please if you can give me the name of the school and phone #, I will really appreciated it.

Quote Originally Posted by P&M
    $18,000 to recieve the mixed up mess that they call a curriculum in the UK!

Ours (8 & 7) are at a small private Russian school in the west of Moscow (just off Rybilovskoe) - approx. $700 per school month. For this they get a native English (Englishman from London) teacher for 8 hrs a week plus a good Russian primary education (very 3R orientated) - their maths seems to be way ahead of their UK friends and their written English at least adaquate. The price includes 3 meals; door-to-door delivery/collection and 8:00 to 18:00 supervision, but excludes some optional sports/arts programmes.

One of their classmates was removed from BIS 1st class as the parents were unhappy and after testing, was required to resit the 1st year. After nearly 1 year at BIS, the kid could still hardly speak any English and was well behind in maths etc.

I don't beleive our school is unique - we know of at least 3 similarly priced and structured schools in the western region. An internet search will throw up some options.
    What's the name of this school??? I'm in a similar predicament...or will be soon. What is their minimum age of acceptance, do you know?

We will be living nearby and will need to enroll our daughter soon.

Hello - could you PM me the name of the school, also?
    Thanks!

P&M Guest

School details

By popular request, the school I referred to in the post above is:

The Center for International Education
    6 Yartsevskaya Ul - but due to move shortly to Universitet to a new building

140 4171

Not saying that the school is perfect - our kids are very happy there and we are pleased with the education they are receiving but everybody has their own idea of what is acceptable......

PS The school admits from the 1st class (6-7 yrs old) but sometimes runs a Class 0 prep class 6 months before.

PM me for more details if you are interested

To, Coki, mrs Reboni and Granite city,

Can you give us the latest feedback about the Center for International Education for kids school ?

Thanks.

Hi - can't help you, I'm afraid. My child doesn't go to this school.

Quote Originally Posted by P&M View Post
    By popular request, the school I referred to in the post above is:

The Center for International Education
    6 Yartsevskaya Ul - but due to move shortly to Universitet to a new building

140 4171

Not saying that the school is perfect - our kids are very happy there and we are pleased with the education they are receiving but everybody has their own idea of what is acceptable......

PS The school admits from the 1st class (6-7 yrs old) but sometimes runs a Class 0 prep class 6 months before.

PM me for more details if you are interested

Very interesting ... does anyone know of any similar schools in the south-east (light-green Lublinskaya line or close by)?

Thanks.