Moscow Animals

littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Caution! Ticks!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cosmopolitanland(has nothing to do with the magazine)

Caution! Ticks!

Dear dog-lovers!
    Please check carefully your pets every time after walking if they don't have ticks. It's a season of very dangerous ticks. And unfortunately your dog can catch it in the city.

My dog got one and is seriously ill now.

PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL!
    Be yourself, no matter what they say.

Shatneresque is offline Baldly going where no man has gone before....

Thank you ...

for the warning, Ledka. You really are a sweetheart!
    Kirk: That's very ... magnanimous of you!
    <<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>
    Marta: Let me go! He's my lover and I must kill him!

STAR TREK:The Original Series, 1966--69
    "Whom Gods Destroy," episode #71 (Star Date 5718.3)
    First aired January 3, 1969

i'm not sure, but i seem to recall that ticks here also carry Lyme's Disease. it's nasty, nasty. got bit by a tick a few years ago that was a carrier (this was in CT, USA, not here, but...), and i still have symptoms off and on...

keep those nasty buggers away from you, your pet and family!!
    Let us dream of evanescence, and linger in the beautiful foolishness of things.
    -- Okakura Kakuzo, from The Book of Tea

Moscow Wolf is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Thank you, I have checked under my arms, down my spine and behind my ears plus the other usual hiding places. I seem to be ok and I'll keep using the Head & Shoulders!

Joking a part, I once walked two dogs in some huge forest many miles from Moscow. It was sunny and I decided to take a nap in a sunny spot. I woke an hour or so later and I had two tics that were in the process of burying their heads in my forearm. Not nice at all. Can't remember now how I got them off the dogs, salt or lighter fuel or similar. I didn't have any special lotions with me where I was.

Also, there are deer tics, quite prevalent in certain areas of the UK, you can just pick them up of the bushes as you walk through. They can make you very ill too. Can't remember the name of the illness either. (They say its the first thing to go - memory, where was I again!).

Cosmopolitanland(has nothing to do with the magazine)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moscow Wolf
    Thank you, I have checked under my arms, down my spine and behind my ears plus the other usual hiding places. I seem to be ok and I'll keep using the Head & Shoulders!
    Thank you for your humor Wolf. It does help us to survive. But unfortunately I can't smile at your joke when I see my dog dying. The problem is too serious to laugh about.
    Sorry for the comparison, but my pet is as dear to me as if it were my kid. And it's awful to see how she suffers. The tick was found too late and her blood was already poisoned. She has toxoplasmosis and is struggling between life and death. She needs to be fed with liquid food through syringe as she can't eat herself. And we inject her very strong antidote. If she has luck to survive her liver and heart will be damaged.

So, please be very careful with your pets!
    Be yourself, no matter what they say.

have had dogs all my life and the dogs always get ticks in summer ,they never got sick and i actually let the ticks grow a bit so i could exctract them properly,methods used can be fingers with longish nails or tweezers or my favorite and the dogs a cigarette which is the most effective ,simply touch the tick on the balloning body until it simply drops out .painless and effective