Style admirer

I am not a fashion addict.
    I am not a shoping addict.
    But I am a style admirer.
    And I want to share with you
    this link that inspires me sometimes
    when I remember to check it.

http://www.thesartorialist.blogspot.com

Here you can find best examples for ladys & gentlemen as well!!!

Enjoy!

who says that fashion is not art?!
    Per Aspera Ad Astra

Skirts for men are popular this year ! :0

http://www.thesartorialist.com/photo...ts_4647Web.jpg
    ◀► ◢◤

I just came back from my holiday in France. I couldn't stop staring at people. Seriously.
    Everybody wear comfortable clothes with great style and almost NO HIGH HEELS. AWESOME! For a change I didn't feel like from another planet walking round in my Campres

FlakeySnowballer Guest
    I will be second ))

I hate heels. I wear only comfortable shoes
    I hate glamour especially glam sport (it is disgusted)
    I hate all kinds of sarafans and dresses
    I like Italian style.
    I am jeans,velveteen jackets and t-shorts fan.

As for myself, I am more interested in the image in general. If you feel that this dress requires heels, ok.
    But in general I don't like wearing heels too. I understand which looks you mean, Mirka.)))
    But also, if Moscow or any other cities seem to be full with heels and something tasteless, I suggest you going to visit Vladivostok! This is the most interesting place I saw. Imagine that it is so hilly that you always go either up or down, never even flat surface. And all girls all year round wear heels, very high heels, very short skirs and it all MUST glitter!!!
    Per Aspera Ad Astra

Vladivostok` style

As for me, I like when people are stylish, but for me to be stylish does not mean to be glamourious, for sure or to be like a freak.

May be some criteria which make perceive and feel this or that person stylish or she/he is not;

1. accurate or not?

It is applies to both clothes, shoes, hairdress, smell (you know) and even manicure (though I notice it only on women)

You know, expenisive dress, long heels, but a hairdress like after the explosion at the macaroni factory (I mean real explosion, not "a piece of art" like some "barbers" can do for 300 eu) are not stylish things.

2. suits a person or does not:

Clothes (make up, parfumery, accessoirs) should underline your merrits and hide your drawbacks (not visa versa)

If you have bandy legs (it happens), mini skirts are forbidden.

If you have overweigt (from 10 kg), hooped dreeses, t-shirts, shorts or trousers are forbidden (the same if the size your ass is from 30% of your body space).

Clothes should be continutaion of your personality, preferably.

Expressions of the face are the most important thing to me.

3. Clothes and looks must be good looking, but not too extravagant.

The combination of colours must be beautiful and nice to see, not extravagant (yellow trousers and green jacket are attractive, but irritating very much)

As less show off as possible: 3 kg of Gold on the neck look funny on any persons, especially, if he/she is not at the ball, but just going to the open market to buy some cucumbers and meat.

Ornaments, jewelry, accesories are needed to underline your mood, your personality, you taste but people wear as many of them as possible to show how much money are in the pocket or think that it is great to look like a X-mas tree every day, even on the beach.....
    not only s.t happens!

FlakeySnowballer Guest
    (yellow trousers and green jacket are attractive, but irritating very much)

i don't feel irritation in that case i feel irritation when see a man dressing in a white suit with Guffy tie on the neck

I love the devercity of human types, styles, shapes! And I love when a person, understanding her/his special traits can skilfully underline/hide it.

You can see something that can never be applied to you, but looks terrific on somebody else.

I love creative and brave minds, though being smart and reasonable according to time&place.

I can sit hours enjoying good-looking people.
    What about you?
    Per Aspera Ad Astra

interesting topic.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder and logic is in the eye of the logician. I think both applies when it comes to looking good. One should carefully select colours, styles, accessories, etc. according to their personalities & taste. I feel that "simple is good". The more simple the looks are, the more cute a person looks. Lastly but most importantly, it is very important to look clean...

clothes maketh man or man maketh clothes ?

I feel one needs to be comfortably dressed. The style is probably not in clothes but how one presents oneself in ones attitude...

Seems like I was too busy at work The conversation went quite far since yesterday

Don't get me wrong. I wear high heels. Sometimes I just have to, specially with some business clothes. But the thing is I have no idea how some girls can stand to wear them for whole day. My feet hurts after like 2 hours.

I actually had high heels yesterday with this French style dress and now listen: so I am walking in the perechoed from Pushkinskaya metro to Tverskaya street and what do you think happened? My heel got stuck in one of these canal holes but so much that I couldn't pull it out. So I had to take of the shoe, step barefood on that dirty floor and pull the shoe with my hands. Hillarious! Well done Mirka! Couple of days ago we were discussing this situation with my friend I was in France with, how funny it is when it happens...and here I go! ))))

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    clothes maketh man or man maketh clothes ?

I feel one needs to be comfortably dressed. The style is probably not in clothes but how one presents oneself in ones attitude...
    I agree. I recon it shouldn't be that we pick up clothes based on what is fashionable at the moment but what suits us.

Some people are just absolutely great to pick what they wear! I met this adorable lady in France. Absolutely beautiful, stylish, well accessorized, she was perfectly wearing her age and everything what she put on wore her. Inspirational!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirka View Post
    I agree. I recon it shouldn't be that we pick up clothes based on what is fashionable at the moment but what suits us.

Some people are just absolutely great to pick what they wear! I met this adorable lady in France. Absolutely beautiful, stylish, well accessorized, she was perfectly wearing her age and everything what she put on wore her. Inspirational!
    Oh, the French are genetically programmed to accessorize properly. No one can wear a scarf like a French person.

And I agree: they all wear flats. Very tasteful or charming shoes, but generally flats or a very modest heel. But the shoes are always of a high quality. Or at least look that way.
    You say "potato." I say "vodka."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast