littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expats in Sochi?

Expats in Sochi?

Evening ladies, evening gents, I'm moving down there in June, I was wondering if there's a bit of a expat community down there at all? Any pubs showing English football?

Appreciate any help and information.

Quote Originally Posted by STFW1971 View Post
    Evening ladies, evening gents, I'm moving down there in June, I was wondering if there's a bit of a expat community down there at all? Any pubs showing English football?

Appreciate any help and information.
    I was there about 3 years ago for a couple of weeks. Not much in the way of an expat community that i could find but could be changing as the winter olympics get closer. Still, probably means most expats are popping in and out though.
    I was also looking around for a place to watch the footie. I found a bar with large screens but the programe was eratic. Advertised matches were suddenly unavailable. Again the situation might be better now.
    If no one else can help you out with more up to date info i can post directions.
    If there is still anyone on this site who i HAVE NOT annoyed yet, please let me know and i promise i'll get to you as soon as i can!

Good question

I have been wondering the same ...any expats in Sochi?

hey now

Hey all, I've been coming to Sochi in the summer time a lot and now sorta live here. I've never even thought to look at expat.ru/sochi, I always thought it was strictly a moscow thing. Anyway expats are very hard to come by in Sochi and even harder are football bars. There aren't that many Bars here in general. The nightlife here mostly consists of clubs and the 24/7 McDonalds. Anyway if anyone wants to hit me up I should be around all the way through September.

Thanks ...with 2014 Olympics, the F1 and the World Cup, I imagine Sochi is going to get more and more expats working there.

If you're an expat in Sochi, please post and let us know there is someone to hang-out with. I'll be down there a lot from now on :-)

Urgent

I've been offered a well paid job (with hard conditions though) in Sochi and have to let them know about my decisions as soon as possible.

I just wanna be sure if the city is a sort of expat-friendly? Any advice&thoughts?

Thanks,
    I'm a semi-cyborg jedi ninja...

Urgent

I've been offered a well paid job (with hard conditions though) in Sochi and have to let them know about my decisions as soon as possible.

I just wanna be sure if the city is a sort of expat-friendly? Any advice&thoughts are welcome?

Thanks,
    I'm a semi-cyborg jedi ninja...

What do you mean by expat friendly? No one is going to beat you up or rob you if that's what you mean. I've never felt threatened here, I've always felt much safer here than in Moscow. Now that's not to say that people are going to do you any favors either. As far as everyday living its not too difficult, there are no street signs in English anywhere but then again the city isn't very big. There is no metro but the bus/marshrultka will take you just about anywhere. Overall its pretty cool place in the summer time. If you are into skiing/snow boarding then winter is pretty good too.

I was there about 4 years ago for a week and was looking for things to do.
    I was looking for a bar to watch football in while i was there too.

If you cross the first bridge (from the sea) over the Sochi river coming from the city center there was a bar immediately on the right on the other side of with a large bar and terrace overlooking the river that had screens and showed the football.

Sorry can't be more precise with street names etc. If you send me a map of Sochi with street names on it. I'll mark the location for you.

I will be going to Sochi fairly soon , so would be great to meet other expats for beers and a chat.
    ...maybe we could start an expat social club as the number of expats in Sochi is only likely to grow with 2014, F1 and 2018.

Hello all!

I'm not exactly an expat here, but I have a hard time finding places for social life in Sochi and would highly appreciate if any of you could provide with some advice

Eric

Been here for year now. Great place. But we don't need more foreigners here, it's all under control

contact@sochiservices.com if you need help

Part time work/live in or around sochi

Dear Sochi Expats..
    I would like to move to sochi over the winter months. Im a photographer/documentarist working on some Project which, lets say, snow prevents me from completing.
    Is it possible to find some part time work /appartment in Sochi or any other city around it? I would really appreciate any input on this.
    if there is something you can tell me.. pls contact me here or on ww1084(at)gmail.com

Expats in Sochi

For those Expats who are on Facebook, and living in Sochi, there is a group you are welcome to join: Sochi Expats

If you do a search, you're sure to find it.
    http://www.krasnodarexpats.com

Just moved to Sochi in October, big change from Moscow. found a great apartment 2nd day of searching, agent gets 30%, Prices for food and rent are about the same as Moscow. Air is clean but with all the rain kinda damp. Black Sea is nice to see after living so long in a big city, nature is great! Lots of restaurants, not many super markets. Schools all seem to be recently completely renovated, but lots of kids in the 6th and lower classes. Rush hour traffic jams are slow moving, but there is lots of city and mini buses, Internet access is fiber and fast, Yota coverage, great PC store DNS, small IKEA outlet where you can order, small hardware stores, LEGO toy store, 1 1/2 McDonalds, plenty of small clothing and shoe stores all in the center, found 2 extreme sport/bike shops so far, no big chain store, great walks along the beach, great cable car ride to the top of the hill and walk down thru the tree park, boat rides to nowhere, nights are clear and great for star gazing, lots of excursions to interesting sites on the things to do list, looking forward to cayoning and camping next summer, not so many football fields as Moscow, but hoping to find somewhere to play softball...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast