Say, that you work in Russia for a considerable amount of time. During this time you've started a family with a Russian spouse, but ended all ties (professionally) with America. The time then comes when your children are old enough, to return to America. (for whatever reason)
But, You, your wife and your children would all like the same opportunities of any other American family. Particularly for your wife, to work,and for your children to have green cards.
The problem/requirement i've seen at the state website is that you must have an annual salary of (insert amount) to bring your family back.

Is there some way to avoid leaving your loved ones to search for job in the states?