littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 82

Thread: Dontcallme is in The Hot Seat

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    438
    Thanked: 0

    Dontcallme is in The Hot Seat

    I've been asked by Bels to be in the Hot Seat and for some reason I have decided to accept. I am not on here everyday but I promise to answer all questions as best I can.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    6,154
    Thanked: 0

    W

    Quote Originally Posted by dontcallme View Post
    I've been asked by Bels to be in the Hot Seat and for some reason I have decided to accept. I am not on here everyday but I promise to answer all questions as best I can.
    Why did you choose such a strange (for an EFL teacher) nick?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sh*t Creek without a paddle
    Posts
    891
    Thanked: 0
    How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

    Please no calculators.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    438
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreyS View Post
    Why did you choose such a strange (for an EFL teacher) nick?
    When I went travelling a long time ago a lot of my friends complained that I never contacted them. When I needed a new email address I went through what was available and "dontcallme" seemed to fit. I use it on all forums that I use. As an EFL teacher it probably doesn't sound very professional and may be ill-advised.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraven Morehead View Post
    How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

    Please no calculators.
    A woodchuck cannot chuck any wood and if it could it still wouldn't chuck wood as that isn't what it is designed to do.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dolgoprudny
    Posts
    262
    Thanked: 0
    How long have you been in Moscow?

    Have you taught in any other countries? If so, how does Moscow compare?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    438
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolgoprudny Neil View Post
    How long have you been in Moscow?

    Have you taught in any other countries? If so, how does Moscow compare?
    I have been in Moscow for 18 months.

    I taught in Indonesia for 6 weeks. It was voluntary and an amazing experience as the children had a thirst for knowledge which puts most people to shame.

    I taught part time in England. I had some international flat mates who recommended friends of theirs to have lessons at a discounted rate to give me some experience and them some cheap lessons with a native speaker.

    Moscow is the first place where I have taught full time. Because of that it is very hard to compare but the desire most of my students have to learn is similar to what I experienced in Indonesia.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Южная Каролина
    Posts
    3,582
    Thanked: 13
    car or metro?
    favorite bar/club?
    favorite store/supermarket?
    PC or Mac?
    Пыщ - Пыщ ололо - Я водитель НЛО ~ I. Reshetnikov

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    disappeared
    Posts
    8,856
    Thanked: 0
    What made you decide to come to Russia?
    Was it the intention of teaching or another reason?
    Do you have a regular boyfriend?
    Do you intend to to stay in Russia.
    What do you like about Russia?
    Last edited by Bels; 13-03-2010 at 23:36.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    5,467
    Thanked: 0
    Favorite author?

    Sports team?

    Color?
    You say "potato." I say "vodka."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    438
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    car or metro?
    favorite bar/club?
    favorite store/supermarket?
    PC or Mac?
    Metro - cheap, quick and reliable. Especially compared to the London underground.
    I like Buddies, good service, friendly people and lots of regulars there who will come over and say hello.
    I'm not really into shopping though I do like doing my food shopping at the local outdoor markets. Much friendlier than any other service you get in Moscow (excluding Buddies of course).
    No idea what a Mac is so I guess a PC.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bels View Post
    What made you decide to come to Russia?
    Was it the intention of teaching or another reason?
    Do you have a regular boyfriend?
    Do you intend to to saty in Russia.
    What do you like about Russia? And what do you like about Russia or Mocow? As some say, Russia is Moscow?
    When in my teens and early 20's I did a lo of aimless backpacking but I couldn't live this lifestyle forever so I went back to England to work and educate myself better. After feeling a bit bored and stuck in my job I decided I needed a new experience. Russia is an unknown mystery to myself and many other Brits so I guess I came here out of curiosity more than anything else. I'd already looked into teaching abroad and when I got an offer in Moscow I was more than happy to accept.
    No, I'm a straight male.
    No, I plan to leave Moscow at the end of my contract in the summer.
    I like the people. I like the fact that life isn't so structured here and I enjoy my job.
    I don't understand your last two questions

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    438
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAnnElk View Post
    Favorite author?

    Sports team?

    Color?
    Nick Hornby, William Sutcliffe and Michael Crichton. I like contemporary authors who make good observations on life and how we are today.

    Tottenham

    Red

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    5,467
    Thanked: 0
    I do love Nick Hornby. High Fidelity made a good movie (but I am partial to John Cusack . . . interesting reading the UK-based book and then seeing the US-based movie). I think Long Way Down was my favorite, however.
    You say "potato." I say "vodka."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    disappeared
    Posts
    8,856
    Thanked: 0
    LOL! Fast enough answer for me me to edit.

    Do you intend to stay in Moscow? Although I accept you have already answered,

    But last question was what fascinated you about Russia or Moscow? I now simplify the question without personal comment.


    Quote Originally Posted by dontcallme View Post
    Metro - cheap, quick and reliable. Especially compared to the London underground.
    I like Buddies, good service, friendly people and lots of regulars there who will come over and say hello.
    I'm not really into shopping though I do like doing my food shopping at the local outdoor markets. Much friendlier than any other service you get in Moscow (excluding Buddies of course).
    No idea what a Mac is so I guess a PC.




    When in my teens and early 20's I did a lo of aimless backpacking but I couldn't live this lifestyle forever so I went back to England to work and educate myself better. After feeling a bit bored and stuck in my job I decided I needed a new experience. Russia is an unknown mystery to myself and many other Brits so I guess I came here out of curiosity more than anything else. I'd already looked into teaching abroad and when I got an offer in Moscow I was more than happy to accept.
    No, I'm a straight male.
    No, I plan to leave Moscow at the end of my contract in the summer.
    I like the people. I like the fact that life isn't so structured here and I enjoy my job.
    I don't understand your last two questions

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    disappeared
    Posts
    8,856
    Thanked: 0
    Mac is Apple, Mac is Mackintosh. The one only competitor and option to windows. And for the loyal users? They swear blind blind by it. About 20% of the market compared to windows, and rising as windows customer continue to have discontent with the restictive controlled windows service. Mac is apparently easier, more user friendly, and for example doesn't need defrag, etc, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by dontcallme View Post
    Metro - cheap, quick and reliable. Especially compared to the London underground.
    I like Buddies, good service, friendly people and lots of regulars there who will come over and say hello.
    I'm not really into shopping though I do like doing my food shopping at the local outdoor markets. Much friendlier than any other service you get in Moscow (excluding Buddies of course).
    No idea what a Mac is so I guess a PC.

    When in my teens and early 20's I did a lo of aimless backpacking but I couldn't live this lifestyle forever so I went back to England to work and educate myself better. After feeling a bit bored and stuck in my job I decided I needed a new experience. Russia is an unknown mystery to myself and many other Brits so I guess I came here out of curiosity more than anything else. I'd already looked into teaching abroad and when I got an offer in Moscow I was more than happy to accept.
    No, I'm a straight male.
    No, I plan to leave Moscow at the end of my contract in the summer.
    I like the people. I like the fact that life isn't so structured here and I enjoy my job.
    I don't understand your last two questions

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Moscow / Milan
    Posts
    424
    Thanked: 0
    Left or right-handed?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •