littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hotseat Guidelines & discussion

Hotseat Guidelines & discussion

The idea is quite simple - a person is nominated/selected to sit in the seat, and everyone is invited to ask any questions they like.

• To be eligible you must have been a member for 6 months or have accumulated 200+ posts - exceptions can be made at the discretion of the mod team however.
    • The occupant is not required to answer every question - if there is something they are not comfortable answering, the question(s) can be simply ignored.
    • Please use your common sense and don't ask mean or awkward questions.
    • Limit posts to the asking of questions - don't get off topic with discussions, opinions, judgments, etc.. about the occupant.
    • Posts that get too far off topic will be deleted.
    • Length of tour is suggested at one week, but can extend beyond that if the occupant so desires.
    • Ideally the existing hot seat occupant will find a replacement for him/herself. The occupant should contact prospective replacements privately via PM or other means, and once someone agrees the current seat holder will create a new thread. If you are unable or unwilling to find a replacement, please contact a member of the mod staff and we will take over.
    • No one can be forced into the seat - participation is at all times voluntary :-)
    • As an added incentive for participation, the current occupant may provide a banner which will be displayed at the top of this forum for the duration of their stay - size should be 468x60 pixels and sent to me at forum_admin@expat.ru with the subject "hotseat banner".
    Пыщ - Пыщ ололо - Я водитель НЛО ~ I. Reshetnikov

Hotseat Guidelines

Don't you think the tactic of closing a thread is wrong before someone has not been selected as next on the hotseat.

Has anyone tried this one. Who will volunteer to be next on the hotseat? Or who wold dare to accept if asked.

Or for those who refuse? Why? Perhaps a poll of who would like to be next on the hotseat?

Missannelk is in the Hot Seat.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcallme View Post
    Missannelk is in the Hot Seat.
    Thanks for that. Who would have guessed that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Bels View Post
    Don't you think the tactic of closing a thread is wrong before someone has not been selected as next on the hotseat.

Has anyone tried this one. Who will volunteer to be next on the hotseat? Or who wold dare to accept if asked.
    The thread was closed AFTER the new person (MissAnnElk) was chosen and a new thread opened. Next time refresh your browser.

All questions and discussions that are not directly related to the person currently in the seat should be posted here in the sticky "guidelines" thread. Going forward they will simply be moved here.

There is already a system for selecting the next person on the seat - until there is enough public outcry over that method, I think we will keep it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bels View Post
    Who will volunteer to be next on the hotseat?
    I volunteer JEDBOY to be on the hotseat !
    ◀► ◢◤

FlakeySnowballer Guest
    TD YOU ARE GENIUS
    I vote for DRWHO

Quote Originally Posted by xSnoofovich View Post
    I volunteer JEDBOY to be on the hotseat !
    What is that? Excuse my grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeySnowballer View Post
    TD YOU ARE GENIUS
    I vote for DRWHO

I do also. But my guess is that he will refuse. He is too shy. I vote for you Snowballer. I think you would love it. And my guess is that there will be no nasties with with you. If there is ? We can always delete them for you

Who else might be interesting? I have my ideas. But how many of them will go for it. We have already discovered that there are several who will chicken out.

I'd go for Tvadim on a positive note. I think he would make a good thread. Perhaps Judge, or is too shy. No I don't think so. Why not ourfavourite administrator, Ezik.

You are wasting your breath with suggestions here - the only person who can choose the next occupant is the current one... :-)

If anyone wants to publicly declare their willingness to be selected however, this would be a good place to do so.

It is always worthwhile talking about who might be the next one in the hotseat. even if someone else, including the potential poster being needed to make that decision.

There is no harm in discussing who might be good candidates.

You closed all the threads and I didn't get to ask any embarrassing questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetfart View Post
    You closed all the threads and I didn't get to ask any embarrassing questions.

Okay your next.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast