littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The stingiest experience I've ever had in Russia!

WWu777 Guest

The stingiest experience I've ever had in Russia!

The stingiest experience Iíve ever had!

Dear all,
    The following definitely takes the cake as the STINGIEST experience Iíve ever had in Russia! One time, when I was in Moscow back from Vilnius, I stood in line at the metro station booth to get a metro card with ten credits, which cost 105 roubles (they raised the prices after New Year). After fishing through my wallet, I came up with 104 roubles. Then, after taking out and counting the kopek coins in my wallet (100 kopeks = 1 rouble) I managed to bring out 98 kopeks, making me just 2 kopeks short of the needed fare. I thought that like some here, the booth lady would let such a small loss go. But she didnít! She sat there and said that I had to put out two more kopeks to complete the transaction. Frustrated and shaking my head in disbelief, I turned around and asked the others waiting in line behind me if they could give me two kopeks, but they shook their heads. Eventually though, I was able to find an extra ten kopek coin in another pocket to complete the transaction.

Anyhow, I could not believe this! And I couldnít wait to write about this either! What an embarrassment to Russia this would be, I thought! Do you know how miniscule a kopek is? One kopek is equivalent to less than 3 percent of ONE PENNY!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!! And this lady would not accept such a loss?!?!?! That makes Scrooge in ďThe Christmas CarolĒ in comparison look like the most giving angel in the world!!!!!! Itís beyond stingy. Itís madness. Not even the poorest person in the world would mind such a miniscule loss, as miniscule as an atom! But this RussianÖÖÖÖ Ooooh Iím speechless.

The thing that gets me is that these people have a common perception here that foreigners, especially Westerners, are greedy and like to count their money. That is the most hypocritical charge in the world, as Russian businesses count the money during transactions to the maximum extreme, as in the above example. Therefore, how could they possibly say that, in light of these examples? They must be either blind, deluded, or in denial. Anyone in the US knows that cashiers typically will let the transaction by if you are short 5 or 10 cents, even up to 25 cents sometimes. But the metro booth lady in Russia wonít even let 0.03 of one cent go by?!?!?! And these people have the gall to say that we count our money?! What the ?!?! Whatever. I guess some people need their delusions to make themselves feel good.

Oh, no... Not again...
    "Where there is a will, there is a way."

MR FACADE is offline I only came in for a ploughmans lunch!!!!

Re: The stingiest experience I've ever had in Russia!

Originally posted by WWu777

Dear all,
    The following definitely takes the cake as the STINGIEST experience Iíve ever had in Russia! One time, when I was in Moscow back from Vilnius, I stood in line at the metro station booth to get a metro card with ten credits, which cost 105 roubles (they raised the prices after New Year). After fishing through my wallet, I came up with 104 roubles. Then, after taking out and counting the kopek coins in my wallet (100 kopeks = 1 rouble) I managed to bring out 98 kopeks, making me just 2 kopeks short of the needed fare. I thought that like some here, the booth lady would let such a small loss go. But she didnít! She sat there and said that I had to put out two more kopeks to complete the transaction. Frustrated and shaking my head in disbelief, I turned around and asked the others waiting in line behind me if they could give me two kopeks, but they shook their heads. Eventually though, I was able to find an extra ten kopek coin in another pocket to complete the transaction.

Anyhow, I could not believe this! And I couldnít wait to write about this either! What an embarrassment to Russia this would be, I thought! Do you know how miniscule a kopek is? One kopek is equivalent to less than 3 percent of ONE PENNY!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!! And this lady would not accept such a loss?!?!?! That makes Scrooge in ďThe Christmas CarolĒ in comparison look like the most giving angel in the world!!!!!! Itís beyond stingy. Itís madness. Not even the poorest person in the world would mind such a miniscule loss, as miniscule as an atom! But this RussianÖÖÖÖ Ooooh Iím speechless.

The thing that gets me is that these people have a common perception here that foreigners, especially Westerners, are greedy and like to count their money. That is the most hypocritical charge in the world, as Russian businesses count the money during transactions to the maximum extreme, as in the above example. Therefore, how could they possibly say that, in light of these examples? They must be either blind, deluded, or in denial. Anyone in the US knows that cashiers typically will let the transaction by if you are short 5 or 10 cents, even up to 25 cents sometimes. But the metro booth lady in Russia wonít even let 0.03 of one cent go by?!?!?! And these people have the gall to say that we count our money?! What the ?!?! Whatever. I guess some people need their delusions to make themselves feel good.

You know my friend, some people are victims and some are not...... I never see stiginess my guess is that you have that look about you, you know what I mean the bloody STINGY look!!!

Understand your frustrations ...however remember the ladies at the cash desk get paid to do a job and if all customers come with 3 kopeks less ..the losses can mount to more than her salary ...not to mention that she can lose her job.
    Perhaps you could be more understanding and purchase less journeys for the amount of money you had.
    xxx

YAWN ...
    Лучше на восьмерых разделить пирог, чем голодать в одиночку.

Dear Winston,

We at this site find your stories very interesting and entertaining. Some might laugh, but please do not pay attention.

Please, tell us more about your experiences in Russia and Lithuania!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Respect my authoritaaaaa !!!!

Wu, you've been run off of every talk forum on the planet. You've taken a beating here before for your racist sexist nonsense. When are you going to get the message that your imbecilic posts are unwanted anywhere on the internet?

Now please skulk away and don't come back.

They must be either blind, deluded, or in denial... I guess some people need their delusions to make themselves feel good.
    a home truth: the faults which annoy you in other people are usually faults you have yourself.

'nuff said.

Russia is definetely not your country bud, what are you still doing here.
    The best surfing instructor Moscow has to offer

Originally posted by mitam77
    Perhaps you could be more understanding and purchase less journeys for the amount of money you had.
    Nah, that would put an end to the whole story. There would be no plot. And this is a carefully crafted one.

WWu777, let me give you a piece of advice, free of charge. Hop on a train/plain to the lovely land of Lithuania and never come back. Russia is not for you. You seem to run in all sort of trouble and humiliations here. Those stingy Russians, how barbaric they are compared to the enlightened Lithuanians. Enough is enough.
    And hey, not that we are going to miss you that much...
    I'm big in Japan!

Dear all,

you'd better move to Lithuania ...

Yaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwn!!!
    Coffee. Chocolate. Men. Some things are just better rich!

I bet it's some hairy-arse dude who is having a laugh reading all these furious posts in reaction to his well-written posts. Neither of this is true. Not the personality, not the stories. It's too good (I mean the text) to be true.

Am I right?
    Or am I right?
    Or am I right?

WWu777 Guest
    Originally posted by preacher of hedonism
    WWu777, let me give you a piece of advice, free of charge. Hop on a train/plain to the lovely land of Lithuania and never come back. Russia is not for you. You seem to run in all sort of trouble and humiliations here. Those stingy Russians, how barbaric they are compared to the enlightened Lithuanians. Enough is enough.
    And hey, not that we are going to miss you that much...
    W: Don't worry, I plan to do that, and also visit Poland as well, before returning to the US to make a fiancee visa for my girlfriend here in Russia.

But anyway, you can't deny that what I said about Russian rudeness and stinginess is all true, right? At least admit that.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast