littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Nigel Farage insults EU president Herman Van Rompuy

Nigel Farage insults EU president Herman Van Rompuy

didn't believe it when I saw it this morning on euronews...) what do you guys think of it?

'Nigel Farage was today accused of using personal insults to win publicity after he called the EU’s new president a “damp rag” and dismissed his native Belgium as a non-country.

The former leader of the UK Independence Party showed his gift for finding the media spotlight by launching a vitriolic attack against Herman Van Rompuy, the former Belgian Prime Minister chosen to lead the European Council.
    “I don't want to be rude but, really, you have the charisma of a damp rag and the appearance of a low-grade bank clerk,” Mr Farage said to Mr Van Rompuy in the European Parliament, drawing outrage from the Belgian press this morning.

“The question I want to ask is: who are you? I'd never heard of you, nobody in Europe had ever heard of you."

Mr Farage added: "I can speak on behalf of the majority of British people in saying that we don't know you, we don't want you and the sooner you are put out to gr**** the better."

Mr Van Rompuy said that he "would not stoop to that level" to respond.

Like many of Mr Farage’s proudest moments, it was placed on YouTube and has become an internet hit. '
    full story+video here: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7040733.ece

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bypLwI5AQvY"]YouTube- Nigel Farage harangues EU President Herman van Rompuy[/ame]

As i was saying along a similar thread.... I am amazed thay have all been able to get allong with one another thus far! How long has it been now anyway??