littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: tourist visa when staying with friends

tourist visa when staying with friends

Hi

My sister and her boyfriend wants to come over to visit me and are going to stay at my house rather than a hotel to save money. They called the russian consulate and they said they might have to get a private visa. I think they are coming for purely tourist reasons so it is better to get a tourist visa. When they called the consulate again they said they would have to book a hotel. They are from Canada and any info would be helpful
    Cheers
    Disco

Hi,

When my husband came to visit we used a company called "Friendship Roads". They issue tourist vouchers, handle the registration of the visa, etc. They are in Moscow near Novoslobodskaya. I don't have their email address right now but you can google them. They are very helpful.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by discostar23 View Post
    Hi

My sister and her boyfriend wants to come over to visit me and are going to stay at my house rather than a hotel to save money. They called the russian consulate and they said they might have to get a private visa. I think they are coming for purely tourist reasons so it is better to get a tourist visa. When they called the consulate again they said they would have to book a hotel. They are from Canada and any info would be helpful
    Cheers
    Disco
    I've similiar issue. I used www.visatorussia.com, they issue invitation online and registration upon arrival.

Just put on the remarks column that they will be staying in Moscow with a relative working in Moscow.

The embassy does not ask for hotel booking if the invitation comes from this company.

Hope it helps you.

Kelvin