littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atkins/Lo Carb Survey/Goal Support

85StoneWhiteFurball Guest

Atkins/Lo Carb Survey/Goal Support

Fellow low carb dieters: Where are you in your diet, which one are you using, what are your goals and results so far?

Me:

Atkins induction as of today 29.01.2005
    Goal: 10 kilos by "spring" - preferably 8 Mar but I doubt this is realistic -would be happy to reach goal for my birthday in early May.

History: South Beach from 25.11.2003 - 28.01.2005
    32 kilos lost; reached plateau last November

2 aborted Atkins inductions in past - one recently due to vacation and other pressures, one in 2002.

What does God want us to eat?

What sort of foods, if eaten, will send a person straight to hell?

Take the Bible Diet Quiz here

My friend lost 12 kilos following this diet. It took him 2 weeks. He is a very stout person. I lost 3 kilos for this period of time, because my weight is nearly normal, I just wanted to correct it a little. From my point of view, it is the greatest diet in the world and the most popular in Moscow now.

So what does "induction" involve ?
    Лучше на восьмерых разделить пирог, чем голодать в одиночку.

Cosmopolitanland(has nothing to do with the magazine)
    I am on the 6th day of induction. Don't see any obvious results but I will keep doing it.
    Be yourself, no matter what they say.

Starting Atkins again tomorrow ...fell off the wagon before Xmas

Lost 5kg in the 1st two weeks !!

Ledka stick with it ...my loss was all in the last couple of days ..1st week I was very upset that only lost 1 kg !!! thought this isn't working !!

It does ! But beware that you need to take all the vit's with it
    Champagne the best lager money can buy

Cosmopolitanland(has nothing to do with the magazine)
    Originally posted by Random
    But beware that you need to take all the vit's with it
    Btw, went to a drugstore yesterday. Picked up 3 different types of polyvitamins with minerals and asked a pharmacist to help to choose one of them. She recommended something starting with "S' in yellow box. Sugar wasn't mentioned at any of the ingredients of the vitamins, but still I asked the lady if it could be contained. And she definitely said that glucose and sugar are in all vitamins they have and that I had to look for something at diabetic department.

As far as I remember Vitrum is not sweet at all. I can be mistaken. Does anybody know what sugarless and glucoseless (is their such a word in English?) vitamins can be recommended. Or do you thinks that a small portion of sugar is not harmful at induction phase.
    Be yourself, no matter what they say.

Good question - I used to just pop a multi vit with everything in it ! Didn't check for sugar etc ...oh well !!
    Champagne the best lager money can buy

85StoneWhiteFurball Guest
    Originally posted by Ledka
    Does anybody know what sugarless and glucoseless (is their such a word in English?) vitamins can be recommended. Or do you thinks that a small portion of sugar is not harmful at induction phase.
    I messed myself up with glucose based Vitamin C during the early phases of South Beach. I now use artificially sweetened Upsavit C, and my usual choice of locally available multi (polyvitamin as you have it) is Oligovit. However, at the time I used megadoses of C - I think a single glucose containing pill is not a real problem.
    Last edited by 85StoneWhiteFurball; 31-01-2005 at 13:06.

Righty Ho ladies and gentlemen!

Count me in on this dieting thing as well. Who can tell me what about the atkins diet (or point me in the direction of a website which does, without selling me something).

I have been in Russia a year and slaped on a lazy 14 kilograms (mainly due to Mrs Goose and I eating far too well). Its now diet or death.

Love and kisses

Goose
    100% unadulterated Goose. Babbling crapping and waddling.
    The Real Stuff.

I've lost 60 lbs since the start of September on Atkins. Took some time off from the diet during my trip to Ulyanovsk in December ( you dont fly half way around the world and turn down eating new dishes..hell with that). and am now back on it again. Not so hard to do once you get rolling with it.

good luck

Bugga'

koba65 is offline As confused as a hungry baby in a topless bar.
    Originally posted by Big Bugga
    I've lost 60 lbs since the start of September on Atkins. Took some time off from the diet during my trip to Ulyanovsk in December ( you dont fly half way around the world and turn down eating new dishes..hell with that). and am now back on it again. Not so hard to do once you get rolling with it.

good luck

Bugga'
    Dammit Bugga! SIMBIRSK - don't give that mass murderer credit! Oh, and btw, congrats on the weight loss!!!
    It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married

Originally posted by SpruceGoose
    Righty Ho ladies and gentlemen!

Count me in on this dieting thing as well. Who can tell me what about the atkins diet (or point me in the direction of a website which does, without selling me something).

I have been in Russia a year and slaped on a lazy 14 kilograms (mainly due to Mrs Goose and I eating far too well). Its now diet or death.

Love and kisses

Goose
    There will be the whole information about this diet tomorrow in Komsomolskaya Pravda www.kp.ru

Wish1991 is offline Yo' world boss....I just live here
    KP will denounce it of course as yet another Kremlin-backed initiative to curb democracy by robbing the great Russian citizenry of their revolutionary fervor. If Russians didn't have to ask for bread every 70-80 yrs...what would they take to the streets for?!?
    And the end of the fight is a tombstone white, with the name of the late deceased,

And the epitaph drear: 'A fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.'

Why not get some expat sponsorship for losing the weight and give the money to charity. Good incentive?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast