littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: trains with showers

trains with showers

Hello,

I am planning to go to Nishny Novgorod from Moscow. As far as I can tell the train 23/24 how a car with the showers in luxury category (around 3,000 rubles per ticket). I got to go to the business meeting so this is mission critical.

Do other trains have the same type of car?

Any experience taking one of these?

All feedback is greatly appreciated (in English or Russian).

Thanks!
    Alex

Grand express overnight Mow-SPb-Mow has, but ticket costs 15-18K.

a car with the showers in luxury category (around 3,000 rubles per ticket). - nice joke. At least twice more. But would be strange to ask for shower in 4-4.5 h train ("Burevestnik" does this time).
    Although train 23/24 Moscow-Nizhny Novgorod (overnight, 23:35-06:30) was announced to have showers in lux vagon, don't know if it is already done. Check with www.rzd.ru
    Last edited by FatAndy; 25-01-2010 at 13:22.

With shower or with washbasin? I`m suprised at shower in railroad car
    But washbasin there is in every luxury car (don`t confuse with sleeping-car)

I'v called MZA who sell tickets to RZD trains and they confirmed that so called "VIP-vagon" in #23/24 train has showers (maybe separate, not inside the coupe).

Quote Originally Posted by odessit View Post
    Hello,

I am planning to go to Nishny Novgorod from Moscow. As far as I can tell the train 23/24 how a car with the showers in luxury category (around 3,000 rubles per ticket). I got to go to the business meeting so this is mission critical.

Do other trains have the same type of car?

Any experience taking one of these?

All feedback is greatly appreciated (in English or Russian).

Thanks!
    Alex
    Hi I reside in Nizhny Novgorod (by the way the rail station is still called Gorky). Yes there are VIP carriges with showers and upgraded compartments (this should be booking class M) On rzd site i see that such VIP carriges are available on trains 018 and 036 with a price 12000-15000 RUR (which makes ~500 USD for a overnight trip). For 3000 RuR you will get biz class compartment for 2 (with a meal but no showers) 3000 is a cost of 1 way air ticket also. In a sit only carrage the fee is about 500 RUR