littleangels        English Nanny
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Restarting our Moscow Photography Club

Vadim, Phawley, andyUK, whizkid - Boulevard ring is one of nice tracks. I hope to pass it this Sunday, welcome. Bu I'm novice in photo.

Moscow expat photo club on Flickr

Hi all,
    I'm not in Moscow unfortunately ...hope to be there later in the year. It's great to see the group getting together again...keep it up! I'll certainly join you on an outing or two next time I'm in town.

There is still a group site on flickr ..... Moscow Expat Photo club

Flickr: Moscow Expat Photo Club

you can all post your pics there!

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Vadim, Phawley, andyUK, whizkid - Boulevard ring is one of nice tracks. I hope to pass it this Sunday, welcome. Bu I'm novice in photo.
    It will be cold this sunday, as they say.....

P.S. I am novichek in photo (newbie) as well
    not only s.t happens!

is there a mtng this weekend? and what about the next weekend (as I'm in Saint-Petersburg till Thursday next week)

so do we actually have anybody who is not a newbie who wants to go for a walk on sunday? cause all the knowledge i have is auto settings and a book that i read this week. that is all.

i am not sure there is much point in 5 beginners going for a pict walk.

my plan was to go to check out lefortovo. apparently this is meant to be the most mysterious part of moscow and a paradise for photographers.
    it is meant to have a lot of german/lutheran crying angels statues, a monument to the french that died in 1812 and to frech pilots that died during ww2 defending USSR.

now, it will depend on how cold it is. if it is -20, i aint doing it as when i took pictures last time in -20 i could not care less for exposure, apeture or me composition to be honest.

if we do have someone with experience and we want to take pictures in any weather I suggest we meet sunday 11 am. I suggest starbucks whcih is close to arbatskay tube station. (so not the one where we met first with Shannon) i believe that the boulevard ring is not far so we can walk along it although i do not know if there is anything interesting one way or another. or we can walk along arbat.
    11 am is not early last time lots of people turned up. and it gets dark and even colder fast.

Sorry, a bit late I know but I forgot all about possibly doing this, let's plan oin next weekend maybe? I am also around during week days too.....

Glad to see that there is still folks interested in phoography in Moscow... I look forward to joining up upon my return (the date is still unclear at the moment). In the meantime- I'd love to see some of the shots you get!!!

[lang=ru]Hi there!
    I'm new here, but i'm exiting of photography. So i would be glad to join your company for taking some shots of Moscow!

i'm russian, and i hope nobody doesn't mind if i join

Thnx[/lang]

hi there,

just relocated back to moscow and seen the photography club - is it something that is still happening? my wife and i would be very interested in joining too.

when is your next meeting?

andy

it is not a photography club. More like a group of like-minded people going for a photography outing. The past few outing was organised by me. This month, I am busy and the weather is also lousy. so I did not organise anything. Hopefully April will be better and I am thinking of organising another outing.

Hope that you will be able to join

Yes, weather is so-so.. i was at Kolomenskoe yesterday, but grey sky + grey snow... eh... And the weather will continue at least for week... yes, hope to have April more funny.

Still happening?

Awhile ago I wrote that I'd be interested upon my return... well I have returned- is this still a function group or has it since dissolved? Just wondering.

unfortunately it is a bit dead. there were a few good outtings but then nothing for a while. this is not really an official club just a few ppl getting together.

i still do try and go out picture hunting if i am in moscow during the w/e. So we could try set something up. i think the problem was that everybody except for shannon were beginners and ppl felt that there was no point for a bunch of beginners to go on photoshoots.

i think if we could find someone with the experience who would be willing to invest time and effort into us we could get this going. i think a group of beginners with no guidance won't last.

btw for those that speak russian there is a photo festival this weekend in sokolniki.
    http://www.themoscowtimes.com/arts_n...st/415332.html

http://www.photoholiday.ru/

Quote Originally Posted by andyUK View Post
    unfortunately it is a bit dead. there were a few good outtings but then nothing for a while. this is not really an official club just a few ppl getting together.

i still do try and go out picture hunting if i am in moscow during the w/e. So we could try set something up. i think the problem was that everybody except for shannon were beginners and ppl felt that there was no point for a bunch of beginners to go on photoshoots.

i think if we could find someone with the experience who would be willing to invest time and effort into us we could get this going. i think a group of beginners with no guidance won't last.

btw for those that speak russian there is a photo festival this weekend in sokolniki.
    http://www.themoscowtimes.com/arts_n...st/415332.html

http://www.photoholiday.ru/
    I am out of the city for the next couple of weekends but would definitely be interested. I think that there is an opportunity to go one of the follwoing ways:-
    - Do these photowalks with people of mixed ability so that the more experienced can coach the less experienced people coming along.
    - Keep the photowalks for people with experience
    - Or grade the photowalks by level of experience required (although this may be pretty subjective)

Another approach might be that as well as location for the walks be some kind of theme i.e. Candid Street, landscape, outdoor portraits, etc. This might give the opportunity for people with varying levels of experience to learn something new whilst giving a nominated experienced photographer/photographers to pass on knowledge.

How does this sound? Or could just keep it as an informal photowalk group with little structure as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by phawley View Post
    I am out of the city for the next couple of weekends but would definitely be interested. I think that there is an opportunity to go one of the follwoing ways:-
    - Do these photowalks with people of mixed ability so that the more experienced can coach the less experienced people coming along.
    - Keep the photowalks for people with experience
    - Or grade the photowalks by level of experience required (although this may be pretty subjective)

Another approach might be that as well as location for the walks be some kind of theme i.e. Candid Street, landscape, outdoor portraits, etc. This might give the opportunity for people with varying levels of experience to learn something new whilst giving a nominated experienced photographer/photographers to pass on knowledge.

How does this sound? Or could just keep it as an informal photowalk group with little structure as it is now.

I like the themes idea. I think what we are lacking is an experienced photographer who is willing to invest his/her time to teach other people.

Any experienced photographers want to volunteer?

To be honest I would not even mind paying some reasonable if someone said they would teach me!