littleangels        English Nanny
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Restarting our Moscow Photography Club

Those pictures look good Shannon. Sorry I didn't make it yeaterday- 11 am is about the time I wake up on Sunday mornings.
    Still interested though so I'll try and make more of an effort for next time.

Ian G - it is a pity u did not join us, I was hoping you can show me some of those manual cameras and how to actually use them. Hope to see u next time

Here are 2 more pictures from the excursion.

For the rest who joined for the excursion, pls share your pictures

Awesome!!!!! Shannon great thanks for yesterday! And all of you guys! It was great to meet you!

I promise next time when it is -15 I'll be better prepared I am surprised I could make it for 1,5 hour outside in that weather thinking of what I was wearing )))

Quote Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
    Those pictures look good Shannon. Sorry I didn't make it yeaterday- 11 am is about the time I wake up on Sunday mornings.
    Still interested though so I'll try and make more of an effort for next time.
    well there is no excuse dear Ian I came home at 5am woke up at 10:45 and still made it to be at the meeting point. True I was 1 hour late and missed the great coffee talk but Kolomenskoe walk helped me to wake up for sure and I learned at least something from Shannon

Photography club

Please continue to post info on the club, i could not make Sunday but want to be involved and will keep an eye out for the next event.

Thanks for restarting this as I am still trying to get involved in Expat stuff.

Regards Steve

Shannon- here are some of my manual cameras- they date from the 20s to the 70s.
    [ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/seriykotik/sets/72157604960312758/"]Analogue characters in a digital world - a set on Flickr[/ame]

Something on flickr cause the pictures not to show. so I am reposting the same 5 pictures in page 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
    Shannon- here are some of my manual cameras- they date from the 20s to the 70s.
    Analogue characters in a digital world - a set on Flickr
    Thanks, Ian G

I was hoping to do another excursion this sunday again, but have no clue where to go. can anyone suggest a location we can go?

thanks

To avoid overchill I can propose Boulevard Ring (Bul'varnoe Kol'tso) - surrounding very center of Moscow - there are some nice buildings and monuments on it, and a lot of cafes on the way to get warm and grab a cup of tee/coffe. And it's convenient to reach from Old Arbat.

Another thing proposal - to go to Vorobievy Gory - Uni area with a good city landscape view place and some tracks in eco green areas.

I also investigate other parks which can be included further.

Depends on weather of course. -16 and partly cloudy is Sun forecast for now.
    Last edited by FatAndy; 19-01-2010 at 15:50.

these photos are amazing!!!
    if only i had my real camera with me and not my small digital one i would've joined you all.....

who say small camera cannot take good pictures

Quote Originally Posted by mistygris View Post
    these photos are amazing!!!
    if only i had my real camera with me and not my small digital one i would've joined you all.....
    small digital camera can also take good pictures. U can still join. there should be no restriction on the type of camera used

My wife uses a old sony cybershot DSC-P100 5mp camera, these are some of her pictures from our recent trips to finland. All I did was do a white balance & sharpen all the pics. Only the picture of the church @ helsinki had HDR treatment.

desperate housewife Guest
    Shannon - your pictures are great :-) Thanks for your patience und all the usefull informations. I'm not sure, if I can manage this sunday, but anyway I hope we will meet soon again.

I need much better PP skills! My photos didn't turn out anywhere near as nice as yours did, Shannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartoshka View Post
    I need much better PP skills! My photos didn't turn out anywhere near as nice as yours did, Shannon.
    Not all my shots turn out good. Only those that has good composition get PP treatment.

Post your pictures that u like. I will do the PP

If you are not decided on your Sunday excursion yet, I would recommend you to visit one more Botanic Garden. It is the oldest in Russia, small, beautiful and almost in the center of Moscow. It is called the Pharmaceutical Garden – the Moscow State University Botanic Garden.

They have several trees oldest in Moscow and they still preserve initial classical layout.
    In spring it looks fantastic
    I’ve seen an add somewhere that now they have blooming orchids and bromeliads on display in the Palm Greenhouse.

The address is Prospect Mira, 26. It is about 2 minutes walk from metro station “Prospect Mira” (“Проспект Мира») on the orange or ring line. To get in you should take a passage through café “Vapiano” (кафе "Вапиано".) Entrance fee is 100 rbl. and 180 for entrance + greenhouse.
    All the best,
    Elena