littleangels        English Nanny

View Poll Results: "thanks" text - new or old version?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like the New version

8 61.54%
  • I like the Old version

5 38.46%

Thread: New "thanks" appearance

New "thanks" appearance

In case you haven't noticed the "thanks for posting" text has been reformatted

I sort of like the new version... what does everyone else think?

old:
    Attachment 17390

new:
    Attachment 17391
    Пыщ - Пыщ ололо - Я водитель НЛО ~ I. Reshetnikov

First of all thanks again for getting involved in the decisions of changes in this forum.

To me the thanks box is not a box. And perhaps the previous big bold box wasn't t necessary. From from what I can see you have simply made our current thank yous less noticable, and that is ok with me. Why it might be better, I have no idea. To me there are more important issues in design of the forum. I have already spent quite some time discussing these more important issues with Ezik over the past few months. He did state he would pass these issues onto you. But for the moment I see no moment.

But to conclude with your uestion, I don't have a yes or no of which one is better. Of course the bold clear thankyou is appreciated by most members. But there are bigger issues of design here, and I am sorry, but the thank you uestion is not a major issue. To me, either one will do.

But what I do ask is that whilst TD is working on constructive ideas of changing the style of this forum, is for all member to come up with good constructive ideas for their forum and community. What do you want out of this forum, more than what we already have? What are your ideas? As I am sure they will be most welcome here.

First of all let's think and brainstorm together, as I believe that many minds working together comes As I do seriously. So start brainstorming and try to help as members and a community to make this the best forum in the world. And I am certain if we work collectively together , that we can do that.

One suggestion.? Remove new threads from the bottom of posts. As I keep acccidently typing to make a new thread, when my intention is to simply answer a post. What's the point of new thread directly after a post. If it is confusing to me, it must be confusing to newbies. Can you imagine lots of new threads giving answers to another thread? very confusing.

OK! I have changed my mind. I like the ne thanks system. Why? Because when I thank now I don't get a complaint card telling me that I have violated rules in expat.ru and that I am not allowed to do such a thing. Not that i was was bothered, as I knew it was a fault. and my thanks got through anyway, but it was so time consuming annoying. So yes it is an improvement due to being able to thank someone without interruption.

i noticed it but thought,

well, maybe my mac is acting up and changing the font or something like that....
    but i like the new style more than the old one...

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post

old:
    Attachment 17390

new:
    Attachment 17391
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    well, maybe my mac is acting up and changing the font or something like that....
    but i like the new style more than the old one...
    Well perhaps that's why I am thinking of getting a mac. Because from from me in Russian vista windows it looks very plain and discreet. However as I have stated, I no longer get those annoying statement of when I thank people, stating that I am not allowed to do so. That is the only reason I agreed to accept. But looking at my web browser it looks like very small indescreet words, and nothing more. It looked much better and clearer on the old method.

But as I keep saying, we have bigger issues to discuss. This particular subject is maleenkee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bels View Post
    One suggestion.? Remove new threads from the bottom of posts. As I keep acccidently typing to make a new thread, when my intention is to simply answer a post. What's the point of new thread directly after a post.
    I like having a "new thread" button at the top, but I have to agree with you on the bottom placement being confusing - it has now been removed.

Yes agreed. Ilike the new thread button at the top. Bot not beside the new post button which would cause confusion. I am not trying to be an old stick in the mud. as in other cases I go for progress and changes. Thanks again TD.

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post

New version of the [THANKS] button.

When I vote on [RATE THREAD] ..er.. where do the rankings show up ?
    Last edited by robertmf; 18-01-2010 at 18:08. Reason: add /quote tag

Life is tough pilgrim, it's even tougher if you're stupid

Quote Originally Posted by robertmf View Post
    When I vote on [RATE THREAD] ..er.. where do the rankings show up ?
    to the left of the picture below... ratings only appear after a minimum of 3 votes have been placed

Attachment 17504