littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: what is it like married to a russian woman?

what is it like married to a russian woman?

I am supposed to be getting married to a russian woman in about two months. Is it different from being married to an american woman? is there any traps to watch out for or things that we dont think of in the west that they do in russia?

pjw is offline Инопланетный гость
    Good question.
    Do U mind if I ask U some personal questions dlc? How long have U guys known eachother? Have U ever been to Russia? Are U guys thinking of coming over here? My personal take on the matter is that it depends on the individual and we can't say Russian girls this, American girls that, but perhaps some others maybe have some more interesting relevant info for U on the topic. Good luck in any relationship. I think we fit with our partners not related to their nationality. How do U guys generally get along? Where did U meet? Do you see alot of eachother? Is there something that is worrying U that U'd like to share? I mean do U think that she's different to other girls that U've been going with before? See U buddy.

Dear dlc7474,

Nobody can answer to u! Every woman is special ! What r u planning to get to know here? U have a gf, and i guess u know her better than anybody else.
    One of russian women could be a perfect wife, mother and lover. Other - the worst in the world... It is the relations between man and woman. Impossible to divine what will be in the future...
    Other men's experience cant to warn you
    against mistakes, troubles and traps! Doesnt matter if she russian or not.

This is my point of view.

I wish u love and mutual understanding with her

Best wishes,
    Elena
    Last edited by Notelina; 12-10-2009 at 02:04.
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth

Hi! Congratulation!

I can compare Russian women and European only (my knowledge on american women are only from "Sex in the City").

But as for Russian women, I do not see a lot of differences but (ladies, correct me if I am mistaken):

1. Russians like taking care of husbands (like mothers): food, clothes, comfort e.t.c. sometimes too much, but you must appreciate it and show how you love her (including for that);

2. Russians hate when husbands are stingy and you should be sometimes light-minded, show off e.t.c. and then your wife will insist not doing that in future with "Hunny! Your are so fantastic. but next birthday, there is not need to buy a new fur coat for me. I do like mine still." But she will get to know, you love her. Be kind with unexpected gifts sometimes.

Be sure, that your wife will be careful with your money very soon (but not first 6 (7,8) months);

3. R. like when husbands are gentlemen (not matter, you are or you are not for high society).
    to let her enter the door first; to help to put on the coat; to open the door of the car are must. You show, how you love her and take care of her.

4. Russians should feel that you are her protection always (a father). There is a proverb "to feel like at the stony wall". It does not mean that your wife is weak and sometimes it will be she who will fight for you and will be ready to be your body guard (a mother) but you need to show, you love her.

5. Russian take care of their exterior and you should mention that "today you are fantastic; This dress is so nice when you put it on". No matter Yellow and Green are not her colours. And you should "insist" on her attending hairdresser's at any convinient for her time. You will show how much you love her.

6. Be sometimes "weak", "cry at her shoulder", that you are depressed e.t.c. (not with her of course), that will give you a chance to show her that you need only her. She is your mother, and you love only her

You know some points are in conflict with each other but that is the life!

To be serious, just love her and take care of her!
    not only s.t happens!

Just to add:

7/Russians hate when husbands drink (it seems to me, it become on genetic level, that russian wives are afraid of it).
    not only s.t happens!

Russian women can be good with money but some of them can be gold diggers. Only you will know that. If she says.. "Hon.. can you buy me $1,000 fur mink coat, car or house." then you'll know she's up to something no good.

Some of them are looking for serious relationship, green card or money. Only you will know that especially if you have dated her for a long time. Just be careful and use your commonsense. You have nothing to worry if you really love her and she loves you wholeheartly.

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by tvadim133 View Post
    Just to add:

7/Russians hate when husbands drink.
    Especially when they drink without us!
    Live for today, gone tomorrow, that's me, HaHaHaaaaaa!

And I think this topic has already been discussed at least twice...

Russian wives or foreign husbands. Part I

Russian wives of foreign husbands. Part II
    Live for today, gone tomorrow, that's me, HaHaHaaaaaa!

what is it like married to an Unangan?

I am supposed to be getting a Somalian citizenship in about two years and getting married to an Unangan in about twenty years. Is it different from being married to a russian man? is there any traps to watch out for or things that we dont think of in Russia that they do in Aleutian Islands?
    The best things in life are not things

pjw is offline Инопланетный гость
    Sounds interesting Viola. What happened 2 U in the Aleutian Islands

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    Russian women can be good with money but some of them can be gold diggers. Only you will know that. If she says.. "Hon.. can you buy me $1,000 fur mink coat, car or house." then you'll know she's up to something no good.
    Could you please share with me where the $1,000 mink coats are available, or did you miss off a zero?

Dude, you're not ready to get married. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    Sounds interesting Viola. What happened 2 U in the Aleutian Islands
    Pete, I haven't been there yet, its my strategic plan lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rhubard Geoff View Post
    Could you please share with me where the $1,000 mink coats are available, or did you miss off a zero?
    Better not ask if you like cats

Quote Originally Posted by Rhubard Geoff View Post
    At Cherkizon. Semi-mink (half rat-half rabbit) chinese made. You're a bit late, they closed it down.

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast