littleangels        English Nanny
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: 3 month visa 10 month return flight?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Frace
    Posts
    2
    Thanked: 0

    3 month visa 10 month return flight?

    Hello
    I'm new, forgive me for not having posted an introduction yet! Will get on it soon,

    I'm just about to book my flights to Moscow, but my work visa is initially valid for 90 days. My work contract is for 10 months, and my visa will be expended upon arrival (according to my employers).

    I'm wondering if it will cause problems at customs if my return flight is beyond the date my visa expires? Should I book a return flight for the end of the 3 months that I'm not going to use?

    I have contacted my employers, but they have yet to get back to me, and I thought this might be quicker

    Thanks in advance

    Ash

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    На́бережные Челны
    Posts
    3,812
    Thanked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Titchus View Post
    I'm wondering if it will cause problems at customs if my return flight is beyond the date my visa expires? Should I book a return flight for the end of the 3 months that I'm not going to use?
    All they want to know when you board a Russia bound plane is that your passport is valid for six months beyond your visa termination date, and to see that your visa is valid for your inward flight - nothing more

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Breda
    Posts
    4
    Thanked: 0
    Your situation is more or less common for everyone who gets a work visa. I am assuming that you have the single entry one stuck in your passport that expires after 90 days based upon a work permit your company acquired for you.

    As soon as you arrive in Russia your company can arrange to take your passport to the FMS and they will cancel your single entry visa and replace it with a multiple enty one. Which for convenience reason (;-)) is a seperate green paper which you have to keep with your passport.

    Oh, on the first time you leave the country they will stamp your visa and tear 1/3 of the paper off and return the rest of it to you. Afterwards they just put stamps in your passport. Just so you know and don't freak out the first time you exit the country on your new ME work visa.

    Hope this helps.

    JP

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Frace
    Posts
    2
    Thanked: 0
    Thank you both :-)

    I didn't think it would be a problem, but I thought I would check; my mother is pretty paranoid and refused to let me book my flights until I had an answer, haha.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    moscow
    Posts
    5,868
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Titchus View Post
    Thank you both :-)

    I didn't think it would be a problem, but I thought I would check; my mother is pretty paranoid and refused to let me book my flights until I had an answer, haha.
    Mothers are all alike each other....
    Just, Thank her for her care
    not only s.t happens!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    16
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Titchus View Post
    Thank you both :-)

    I didn't think it would be a problem, but I thought I would check; my mother is pretty paranoid and refused to let me book my flights until I had an answer, haha.
    I think your mother was very right in asking, and so were you. You don't want to be ending up having discussions at Sheremetyevo in the middle of the night.

    Good luck!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,871
    Thanked: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepee View Post
    As soon as you arrive in Russia your company can arrange to take your passport to the FMS and they will cancel your single entry visa and replace it with a multiple enty one. Which for convenience reason (;-)) is a seperate green paper which you have to keep with your passport.
    JP
    Luckily, now the ME work visa is also a sticker in your passport. That is a good change, because I was always afraid of losing that stupid green paper visa.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    121
    Thanked: 0
    I have been in Moscow since 16th August on a one year multiple entry business visa, the project i am working on will now run over the 90 days i believe i am allowed to stay out of 180 days, what should i do? i am leaving moscow for a few days next week back to the UK. From what i have read it seems that i should just stay and continue to work as normal... correct??? any advise will be much appreciated, the sooner the better if possible. Thanks David

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    237
    Thanked: 10
    Hi,
    My husband and I arrived a couple of weeks ago with the same 90 day work visa as yours, which is being changed to a 10 month visa as we speak. We came to Moscow on a one-way ticket (as we don't know how long we're staying) - no problems at all.
    Qdos is right, they just want to know everything is in order for your entry.


    Quote Originally Posted by Titchus View Post
    Hello
    I'm new, forgive me for not having posted an introduction yet! Will get on it soon,

    I'm just about to book my flights to Moscow, but my work visa is initially valid for 90 days. My work contract is for 10 months, and my visa will be expended upon arrival (according to my employers).

    I'm wondering if it will cause problems at customs if my return flight is beyond the date my visa expires? Should I book a return flight for the end of the 3 months that I'm not going to use?

    I have contacted my employers, but they have yet to get back to me, and I thought this might be quicker

    Thanks in advance

    Ash

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    121
    Thanked: 0
    How do you change to 10 month visa??? David

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    631
    Thanked: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by davidhuckin View Post
    How do you change to 10 month visa??? David
    Your employer does this for you - they need to get the right to invite foreign workers from the FMS, then they issue you a 90-day single entry invitation, you use this to get a visa from the embassy in your home country, and when you are in Russia, the inviting employer can convert the single entry visa into a multi-entry visa for up to a year.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    121
    Thanked: 0
    Thanks for your reply, i entered Russia on a Multiple Entry 1 year Business Visa, does this mean i will be fine to work up to one year??

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    631
    Thanked: 4
    You could have problems, as your multiple entry 1 year visa only allows you to spend 90 days out of every 180 days in Russia. You might want to check your visa. If it says this, then you'll need to find some other solution, and talk to your employer about it too.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    74
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by davidhuckin View Post
    Thanks for your reply, i entered Russia on a Multiple Entry 1 year Business Visa, does this mean i will be fine to work up to one year??
    Do you have a Business Visa or a Work permit?

    Business Visa is not a right to work officially...

    It's still 90 days maximum in, so you will need to find a solution to that.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    9
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by davidhuckin View Post
    Thanks for your reply, i entered Russia on a Multiple Entry 1 year Business Visa, does this mean i will be fine to work up to one year??
    Business visa is not the correct type to enter Russia for work and employment purposes. Your employer should obtain for you: i) work visa and ii) work permit. If you have a work permit already, check with your employer if they are registered with the Federal Migration Service for visa invitaiton purposes. If they are, arranging a work visa (a single entry visa which then should be converted into a ME work visa) would take about 1 month.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •