littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome private teachers of Sept 2009

Welcome private teachers of Sept 2009

Welcome private teachers of Sept 2009

A new school year and it's time to start earning again. As we know EFL teachers come and go here in Russia, and even last years directory may be well out of date. So perhaps it's time to start a new directory to see who is here now and available to teach privately and directly to the students.

So who is still here, and who are the new ones for this year? Perhaps you could introduce yourselves on this thread collectively together, and perhaps our friends the administrators might allow a new directory for September 2009.
    I will start with myself.I have been teaching privately in the Western region for more than five years now, and continue to teach a lot of children, as that's what the high demand is in my area. And besides I enjoy teaching children and seeing them progress and communicate in English, especially from beginner level. I am married to a Russian woman and have two children aged 3 and 12. Both I am proud to say are bi-lingual Russian and English.

Looking forward to your introductions.

MOSCOW OBLAST: WESTERN REGION
    BELS:
    Nationality: British
    Language: Teach English as a foreign or second language.
    Area: Western region, 25 km from metro station Molodezhnaya, along the Rublevo-Uspenskoe Shosse. Gorki 10
    Groups: Groups up to nine in the clubhouse, Gorki 10
    One to one: available if you reside close to Gorki 10 area only. Children only.
    Levels: All levels, but popular levels for time being from Beginner to Upper Intermediate.
    Age groups: Children, teenagers and some adults in the evenings and weekends.

Will

Nationality British
    English Language
    centre of the city: based at Novokuznetskaya.
    Primarily adult professionals, or the kids of the rich, bless em.

I've been here 13 years now, and have taught most of what is teachable, exams, business stuff, ESP, Lit and so on. For the last few years I've tended to work with journalists, PR people and Marketing folk, if you move into one area your referrals tend to be in that same field, and I enjoy those areas.
    Recently teaching has been morphing into a weird hybrid between standard teaching and skype based copy editing: lots of professionals essentially want someone on tap who can check that urgent report or translate a text quickly and accurately into effective English, so my rates are often a mix of an hourly rate and whatever we feel the week's emails skypes and SMS connections are worth.
    Ermmm...that's about it.
    All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
    H. L. Mencken

Nice amusing post. So we now have two teachers available for the new September 2009 directory. You cover the whole of Moscow and I'll cover just the Western region oblast area.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Will

Nationality British
    English Language
    centre of the city: based at Novokuznetskaya.
    Primarily adult professionals, or the kids of the rich, bless em.

I've been here 13 years now, and have taught most of what is teachable, exams, business stuff, ESP, Lit and so on. For the last few years I've tended to work with journalists, PR people and Marketing folk, if you move into one area your referrals tend to be in that same field, and I enjoy those areas.
    Recently teaching has been morphing into a weird hybrid between standard teaching and skype based copy editing: lots of professionals essentially want someone on tap who can check that urgent report or translate a text quickly and accurately into effective English, so my rates are often a mix of an hourly rate and whatever we feel the week's emails skypes and SMS connections are worth.
    Ermmm...that's about it.

Sw

Well, I'm a British EFL teacher living in the south/south-west. I've been teaching here happily for ages, have a work permit and pay loads in tax now. But to teach privately - legally, I mean - I suppose I need to have permanent residency and be a private entrepreneur. Is that the only way?
    Last edited by toughnut; 31-08-2009 at 01:42.

It hasn,t stopped most teachers doing it. If you are already employed teaching with a work permit, you will probably need the extra income.

I have been teaching English in Moscow for a year now and just about to start my 2nd year when I return to Mosocw on 6th September. Before this I taught briefly in Indonesia and privately in England for 2 years.

Nationality: British/English
    Area: Belorusskaya, will teach in other locations near to the centre.
    Groups: if you have a couple of friends that want to learn together then that's fine.
    Levels: I teach business and general English for pre-intermediate to advanced.
    Age groups: Adults
    Rates: PM me. I charge less for midweek daytime lessons though.

I am a native speaking russian tutor providing private russian lessons for foreigners since 2006. People from different countries are among my students. I have been teaching spain, koreen, malay, chinese, german students for the last three years.

Nationality: Russian
    Language: Russian as a foreign or second language.
    Area: any locations not far from the centre.
    Groups: I think that learning language in a group with a good teacher can be more useful than private lessons
    Levels: elementary, intermediate, advanced, business
    Age groups: children, adults

Nationality: British
    Experience: the teaching TEFL for the past 17 years to children, teenagers and adults

I'm a British citizen, born in London and have spent most of my life (apart from being in Moscow for the last 15 years or so) in the wonderful county of Kent. I am currently living in the Metro Tulskaya area.

I have the TEFL diploma certificate, which I gained from the University of Kent at Canterbury, Christ Church College, as well as the CELTA. I am also fluent in Russian.

I have worked with many of the top companies key personnel: as well as teaching experience and giving talks at some state institutions. I have been successful in assisting many of my students pass their Cambridge exams including IELTS and the American TOEFL tests.

My teaching experience, with my corporate clients, ranges from aspects of legal English, English for Special Purposes, giving effective presentations, cross-cultural issues, negotiation skills, and how to write effective and business-like e-mails and letters.

I have also assisted doing in the English language pages of several websites - doing translation work on them, from Russian into English, and have also taken part in business meetings as an interpreter.

More recently, I have also been working with the children of some of the elite families here.

I am willing to travel...Distance no problem.
    Last edited by Bluebird; 27-09-2009 at 15:40.
    "Have regard for your name, since it will remain for you longer than a great store of gold."
    - Ecclesiasticus

Nationality: Russian
    Degree: University degree in teaching English as a foreign language.
    Experience: 10 years.
    Location: Orekhovo metro station. Travelling is no problem (not Moscow region) within a reasonable walk from the metro station.
    Groups: one to one or up to 3 students.
    Level: Beginner to Advanced
    English for special purposes: Restaurant English, Hotel English.
    Age groups: teenagers, adults.

Nationality: USA
    Languages Taught: English (All Levels) / Spanish (Beginner - Intermediate) / Russian (Beginner - Intermediate)
    Lessons: Quality English Lessons at your location of choice
    Additional Information: Source Solutions - Native English Teachers

Additional Interests: Computer programming, Linux, Business, and Politics.

Have you tried studying English at a school? Not satisfied? Try me.

Name: Sarah
    Nationality: New Zealander

Experience: I have been teaching EFL full-time in Moscow for over a year.

Education: Law, French and Latin. I also hold the CELTA, in which I achieved a rare 'A' pass.

Work background: in a law firm in NZ and as a qualified EFL teacher in Moscow.

Languages: native English, pre-intermediate Russian (enough to propel lessons forward when students get stuck, but I teach in English).
    Also: Upper-intermediate French (I studied it for eight years). Excellent Latin and some Ancient Greek. A little German. Some Maori.

Area: green/grey line south and the centre are most convenient, but I am very happy to travel.

What I teach: exam English, business English, legal English, general English (all levels). Also, I love teaching children.

I have just come back to Moscow after finishing my last contract and have some gaps in my schedule. I'd love to hear from you.

PM me!

Hello. My name is Dmitry. I represent successful educational agency StudyLab and we are seeking to recruit native English teacher. Currently, we set up a new project “Studyteens” dedicated to pupils and development of their English skills. Our company organizes wide range of open seminars in different museums and galleries over Moscow city that consist of two parts: an excursion and lessons with both practical and creative tasks. There are at least 10 events are planned and they will be held only on Sundays. Approximate time is from 11.00 am till 14.00 pm. So we want to find enthusiastic teacher who will conduct such lessons and make them unusual and interesting for pupils.
    Responsibilities:
    • Organization of seminars in terms of conducting and designing lessons;
    • Involve pupils into work and stimulate them to use English language;
    • Develop English skills of pupils;
    • Design of educational material on excursion subject.
    Requirements:
    • Desire and ability to work with children;
    • Native English is must;
    • Strong communication skills;
    • Creativity and enthusiasm;
    • Experience in teaching.
    With best regards, Dmitry
    Marketing Manager
    Contacts: (495) 933-55-69
    8 916 501 14 89
    E – mail: marketing@studylab.ru
    STUDYLAB - Обучение и образование за рубежом за границей, www.stutyart.ru

Studylab. Although your ad is most welcome it should be in the marketplace under employment. This is teachers' discusion folder and this is a thread inviting private teachers, and not employees. Hence I have requested the above post to be removed. And possibly this post also when done.
    Last edited by Bels; 23-10-2009 at 13:50.

German Native Teacher

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opag78:
    Nationality: Native German
    Language: Teach German as a foreign or second language.
    Area: Moscow (within the Ring Line)
    Groups: Groups up to 5
    Qualifications : More than 1 year experience in teaching (being employed now by a local Institute in Moscow and before in Germany)
    One to one: Only for serious learners (willing to do homework, regular attendance).
    Levels: All levels, including Business German.
    -Currently working with Corporate Clients on intermediate and advance levels (in General and Business Language) and with private Students on Beginner Level.
    -Being a Professional in IT and Finance (Teaching is my second job) I am able to teach Professional Language and Communication in German
    -I teach only at evenings in the week-time (after 6:30 pm) and on weekend.
    Age groups: Adults only, 18+.

You have tried the rest- now try the best !!!

Nationality: British/English
    Area: Moscow, will teach in other locations near to the center and at your home or office if on Metro line.
    Groups: Up to 9 people
    Levels: I teach business and general English for pre-intermediate to advanced.
    Age groups: Adults and well behaved teenagers

Why me as a teacher? Clear pure accent, good experience, sense of humor, creative lessons, friendly personality, cheap lessons

If you contact me please say your name, where you are and where you saw my advert.
    Last edited by Judge; 15-11-2009 at 19:37.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast