littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You Must Have A Degree To Work In Russia!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhubard Geoff View Post
    I have just been refused a work permit for a management position as I have a degree in History!
    Try back dating your application!
    If there is still anyone on this site who i HAVE NOT annoyed yet, please let me know and i promise i'll get to you as soon as i can!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhubard Geoff View Post
    I have just been refused a work permit for a management position as I have a degree in History!
    When my friends tell me that they have a degree in linguistics, history, economics,... I always reply (jokingly); `interesting, but I have a real degree`.
    But seriously, I feel really sorry for you.
    I hope you can find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by captaincaveman View Post
    Sorry to any Russian folk on here but I think all countries in the rest of the world should make Russians do the following for a work visa or country visit visa:

1 Sing a song naked in front of a large crowd while standing in a box of snakes
    2 Provide DNA from your great grandmothers body from her grave
    3 learn all slang phrases in American and British English
    4 Learn how to smile
    5 Provide character references from at least 5 people you have known for 5 years or more
    6 Walk accross hot coals backwards with a fish on your head

Only then you will get your visa and work permit. Not so funny is it! ah ah ah ah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now you now how we feel in your country.
    They do already, that is why Russia reacts this way.

Sorry to any Russian folk on here but I think all countries in the rest of the world should make Russians do the following for a work visa or country visit visa:

1 Sing a song naked in front of a large crowd while standing in a box of snakes
    2 Provide DNA from your great grandmothers body from her grave
    3 learn all slang phrases in American and British English
    4 Learn how to smile
    5 Provide character references from at least 5 people you have known for 5 years or more
    6 Walk accross hot coals backwards with a fish on your head

Only then you will get your visa and work permit. Not so funny is it! ah ah ah ah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now you now how we feel in your country.
    How about this one: For an L1 visa to the US you will supply a police record from EVERY country that you have lived in for more than 6 months.

That's easy enough if you're waking up from your pool of drool in Manchester. But imagine if you're bona fida oilfield trash and have got lengthy stints in vacation locations like Nigeria and Angola.

Russian visa requirements pale in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaWhisky View Post
    How about this one: For an L1 visa to the US you will supply a police record from EVERY country that you have lived in for more than 6 months.

That's easy enough if you're waking up from your pool of drool in Manchester. But imagine if you're bona fida oilfield trash and have got lengthy stints in vacation locations like Nigeria and Angola.

Russian visa requirements pale in comparison.
    Correct.
    I had the oppotunity to apply for a green card back in 1987. I had to apply to 3 countries back then for police records. One was in Africa, another was in the middle east. A bloody nightmare!
    Russia is not the only country in the world that has tightened up immigration policy.
    If there is still anyone on this site who i HAVE NOT annoyed yet, please let me know and i promise i'll get to you as soon as i can!

H1-b

What is about the H1-B - Visa do you also need the police records ? Will the H1-B-Visa always be renewed as long I am on the job and highly qualified ?
    If I have a H1-B-Visa then I get another one for my spouse, is that correct ?

How do I obtain actually a police record from Russia (as I am already working here for more than a year).

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    If the job does not require a degree you do not need one.

Your company just needs to specify this.
    yes its true

BTW to add to this:

I heard you now need a DNA sample, a notorised copy of your father fathers birth certificate and marriage certificate, 5 years of dental records and letter from all your ex employers to get a work permit for Russia. You then wait in line for 3 days outside an old building nr the Kremlin to get 43 stamps and pay your fee. Once this is done you must wait 6 months for the verdict of the panel to see if your application has been accepted.

You can of course avoid all of this the old way by simply paying a bribe to a woman called Olga who works in the records office or take her out to dinner. Say she looks nice, although she has no teeth and bob is your uncle!!

My six year old daughter is in 2nd grade and she told me that in 3rd grade, if you make even one mistake on your paper, the teacher crumples it up and throws it in the bin. When I asked her where she heard that, she told me, "Everone knows it!"

Quote Originally Posted by opag78 View Post
    What is about the H1-B - Visa do you also need the police records ? Will the H1-B-Visa always be renewed as long I am on the job and highly qualified ?
    If I have a H1-B-Visa then I get another one for my spouse, is that correct ?

How do I obtain actually a police record from Russia (as I am already working here for more than a year).
    I've been living and working her on work visas since 2002. I'm currently trying to get my TRP. If I've been in Russia for that length of time, should I get a police record from the UK or Russia. If I need to get one here, where do I go?

You still need to get it from the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by mandelstam13 View Post
    You still need to get it from the UK.
    Crazy as it seems I agree. Let us have a fantasy scenario here, I am British, but I and my family travel the world, I studied in India for several years. When I was 16 I studied in USA until I was twenty. I worked in China untill I was twenty five. I went to Russia and now I need a residency at the age of 30. Where do I get my police check. Britain of course. DUH! No records!! OK You are clean

Because you are British or American you must get the police record from the country of your nationality.

Quote Originally Posted by Bels View Post
    Crazy as it seems I agree. Let us have a fantasy scenario here, I am British, but I and my family travel the world, I studied in India for several years. When I was 16 I studied in USA until I was twenty. I worked in China untill I was twenty five. I went to Russia and now I need a residency at the age of 30. Where do I get my police check. Britain of course. DUH! No records!! OK You are clean

Because you are British or American you must get the police record from the country of your nationality.
    I just applied for my TRP in March. I got them really confused as I put down that I have 2 citizenships, British and Australian. As I only had done my police check in the UK as this is the place I had been living for the past 11 years. The FMS office said they would call Moscow to find out about this problem. I came back the next day and they forgot about this but asked about my working in the Middle east and if I had residency there! I told them that I only work there. They accepted my documents and told me that I should get my TRP in August but not holding my breath.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12