littleangels        English Nanny
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Good Bye

  1. #1
    wwwoland's Avatar
    wwwoland is offline But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    somewhere in-between
    Posts
    169
    Thanked: 0

    Good Bye

    Ladies, Gentlemen, Expats and Bardakians,

    For the last many years Moscow has proven a worthy playground for fun, enjoyment, and a bit of mischief. However, I now find it is time to move on in search of new entertainment, more challenges and a much more hospitable climate (i.e., I got relocated). So with a somewhat heavy heart my cat Begemot and I take our leave, soon to be sitting under palm trees on an Asian island sipping Singapore Sings eagerly awaiting our next playful escapades.

    There will be occasion from time to time when we may pop back in to the Expat.ru world just to make sure everyone is behaving him/herself. But I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you – the old standbys who participated in the previous version of this site, to the newbies who after a bit of initial harassment usually fit right in. Kshisya, Moscowmail, SFJ, Ned, Polarbear (and many other aliases), Sid, Punch, Pussy Cat, Vanilla, Kniga, Fa-Q, Sadie, Limitchik (et.al), Ghost and even Natalia Apple (of course it would be impossible to name you all without sounding like an academy award spewage), you’ve made my workdays a bit more enjoyable by providing basically the best time-wasting activity since sitting in the eternal probka on Leningradsky prospekt . And while not a regular boozer and a bit of a lurker, there are some dear friends on this site that I will remember and cherish always.

    Take care everyone and enjoy the cold, dark winter. So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye.

    Wwwoland
    Nikogda ne razgovarivaite s neizvestnymi...

  2. #2
    85StonePolarBear Guest
    All my aliases will miss you and wish you good luck in your new location!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    2,657
    Thanked: 0
    enjoy the sunshine ya lucky bugger! i'm going to miss your all-too-brief forays here, they were invariably entertaining.

    all the best.

  4. #4
    kak Guest
    All the best to you in your island

  5. #5
    Pooty Poot Guest

    Re: Good Bye

    Originally posted by wwwoland
    So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye.
    You completely spoiled an otherwise touching post with that 'Sound of Music' quote.

  6. #6
    wwwoland's Avatar
    wwwoland is offline But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    somewhere in-between
    Posts
    169
    Thanked: 0

    Re: Re: Good Bye

    Originally posted by Pooty Poot
    You completely spoiled an otherwise touching post with that 'Sound of Music' quote.
    What, you got the hots for Liesl or something Mr. Pres?
    Nikogda ne razgovarivaite s neizvestnymi...

  7. #7
    Pooty Poot Guest

    Re: Re: Re: Good Bye

    Originally posted by wwwoland
    What, you got the hots for Liesl or something Mr. Pres?
    Definitely ! I like a lot of things but I'd have to say that girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes, snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes, silver white winters that melt into springs, these are few of my favorite things.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,620
    Thanked: 0

    Re: Good Bye

    Originally posted by wwwoland
    So with a somewhat heavy heart my cat Begemot and I take our leave, soon to be sitting under palm trees on an Asian island sipping Singapore Sings eagerly awaiting our next playful escapades.
    Phew Traitor! "Somewhat heavy heart under a palm tree" - tell ya stories somebody else

    Ladno, blin, be cool! I'll miss ur cat

  9. #9
    Kshisya Guest
    Dear wwwoland!

    Despite you never posted much and indeed was more of a lurker despite I only saw you once in "flesh an blood" i.e. live

    I would like to express my best wishes to you with a new assignement and enjoyable life at some new environment.

    You were one of the most intellegent, eloquent and modest participant of this virtual mess and I was delighted to meet you in person and read your comments when you hononred us with such

    Have a great time wherever you are and don't forget that Internet is actually almost everywhere so make sure you lurk on us and show up some time again!

    Good luck! ... and take some for me!!

  10. #10
    wwwoland's Avatar
    wwwoland is offline But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    somewhere in-between
    Posts
    169
    Thanked: 0
    Originally posted by Kshisya
    Dear wwwoland!

    Despite you never posted much and indeed was more of a lurker despite I only saw you once in "flesh an blood" i.e. live

    I would like to express my best wishes to you with a new assignement and enjoyable life at some new environment.

    You were one of the most intellegent, eloquent and modest participant of this virtual mess and I was delighted to meet you in person and read your comments when you hononred us with such

    Have a great time wherever you are and don't forget that Internet is actually almost everywhere so make sure you lurk on us and show up some time again!

    Miss K -- the pleasure was indeed all mine! And like many of the long-timers I've definitely got Russia in the blood and will very likely be back on the site from time to time. Probably the same number of posts, just less lurking! And who knows, maybe I'll be lucky enough someday to return to Moscow. Although the palm trees are looking pretty good about now!

    (and a few more Kshisya-inspired emoticons for good measure)
    Nikogda ne razgovarivaite s neizvestnymi...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    sneaking up behind you!
    Posts
    149
    Thanked: 0
    Originally posted by wwwoland
    Miss K -- the pleasure was indeed all mine! And like many of the long-timers I've definitely got Russia in the blood and will very likely be back on the site from time to time. Probably the same number of posts, just less lurking! And who knows, maybe I'll be lucky enough someday to return to Moscow. Although the palm trees are looking pretty good about now!

    (and a few more Kshisya-inspired emoticons for good measure)
    AACK OPP PPPTTTHH BAAAPP KKHUUUB BLLEAHH!

    (Translation: "Ditto! And I'll miss you too Sadie"

    ACKKKK!
    OPP ACK THPPPT!!!

    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    A "Meinah" in Moscow
    Posts
    1,304
    Thanked: 0
    good luck and best wishes.
    The best surfing instructor Moscow has to offer

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •