Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

Thread: TRP- Official Dummies Guide

I hit the ground running and started the process after two days in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by nwiguy View Post
    I hit the ground running and started the process after two days in Russia.
    have you applied for it yet ?

what I have learned from online proverka: some visas are ready and dont show up in the basa (many examples here in the forum), other are not ready yet and shows up in the basa as ready (which was my case)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Max1982 For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (11-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Max1982 View Post
    what I have learned from online proverka: some visas are ready and dont show up in the basa (many examples here in the forum), other are not ready yet and shows up in the basa as ready (which was my case)
    Congratulations!! Did the approval took longer than usual?

Have any of you picked up your FBI background check directly from the FBI in Washington, DC? What building do you actually pick the report up at? Any reason not to do this if you live reasonably close?

Does the Temporary Residence Permit require you to pass a test on the Russian language, history and legislative fundamentals? I don't see this listed in the documents at the beginning of the thread.

If so, can you take the test repeatedly if you fail? I tried a practice test and can get some questions correct but it would be difficult to get 70%. And the Background Check could become outdated before I passed the test!

Here's where she found the requirement: https://www.gosuslugi.ru/175792/22/info

No, only when you go for full citizenship.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    No, only when you go for full citizenship.
    when i did my PRP i did not need the language test because at that time i was over 65 already... things though do change and now that i do the -permanent- PRP they are asking once more for the Russian language test, which,because of my age, i do not need anymore.but i do also recall, there is a post here, if you are married to a russian citizen and have kids in Russia, one does not need a language test anymore . do they think that one will have to speak and learn the lingo automatically?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Freud View Post
    Does the Temporary Residence Permit require you to pass a test on the Russian language, history and legislative fundamentals? I don't see this listed in the documents at the beginning of the thread.

If so, can you take the test repeatedly if you fail? I tried a practice test and can get some questions correct but it would be difficult to get 70%. And the Background Check could become outdated before I passed the test!

Here's where she found the requirement: https://www.gosuslugi.ru/175792/22/info
    I applied for my TRP in 2018 (foreign national married to a Russian citizenship with registration here in Russia) and didn't have to do the test since I was over 65. I haven't seen anything since that says this age-exemption has been withdrawn, so it depends on how old you are. Benedikt mentions that it may not apply if you also have children: I'm not sure about that since this wasn't my case anyway.

The test has to be completed before the application for TRP is made and, as far as I know, there is no limit on how often you can take it. Except, of course and as you mention, as long as all your other documents will remain valid.

Also bear in mind that applying for TRP does not give you the right to remain in the country beyond the validity of your existing visa.

I tried a practice test and can get some questions correct but it would be difficult to get 70%. https://www.gosuslugi.ru/175792/22/info
    Keep working on the practice tests! I found that the actual test included almost all of the questions asked on the practice tests...

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Have any of you picked up your FBI background check directly from the FBI in Washington, DC? What building do you actually pick the report up at? Any reason not to do this if you live reasonably close?
    I did all of this in 2019. Better to use on of the "handlers" to order the report; they can produce/email them quickly. Then make an appointment to bring your report in-person to the state department office in DC that does appostiles. If you're travelling to the States specifically for this and need a quick turnaround time, they have a process where you show your return tickets to get an appointment sooner.

But make sure you get the appostiles at the DC office!! Back in 2015 when I tried this the first time (was turned down for other reasons), not knowing any better I went to a State office in MD to get the appostiles done.

Good luck!
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Presidential decree 364 of 15.06.2021

Good afternoon! Maybe someone can help. I wanted to clarify the issue of the effect of temporary registration of a foreign citizen in the Russian Federation in accordance with Presidential Decree 364 of 06/15/2021. According to the decree, after December 31, 2021, temporary registration is valid for another 199 days. Is it really true this interpretation of the decree?

Добрый день! Хотел уточнить вопрос о действии временной регистрации иностранного гражданина в РФ согласно указу президента 364 от 15.06.2021. Согласно указу после 31.12.2021 действует временная регистрации еще 199 дней. Это действительно так?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213