littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: TRP- Official Dummies Guide

TRP- Official Dummies Guide

This is the "Dummies Guide to making your Temporary Residency Permit (TRP) in the Russian Federation

I just finished mine. It is easy!

Please note: This guide does not address persons with children or persons not on Quota. e.g. those without a Russian spouse. But for most practical matters, the people with children have only few extra steps and those without a russian spouse dont have a chance.

Rules of the Road:

All documents not made in the RF need to be Apostilled (Legalized) and Translated.
    1. Notarize ALL documents Foreign and Russian.
    2. Stop whining and do the application yourself. My Russian sucks and I had no problems.That said you will need the assistance of a Russian speaker to assist with the application and a visit to the yFMS (Foreign Migration Service) initially if your Russian is really bad.
    3. Forget about Lawyers and assistance services. All the information you need is provided from the Foreign Migration Service for free. Lawyers are all crooks. ALL of THEM! This includes various consultants who despite what they say cannot do anything for you! READ THIS: You have to submit the application yourself and sit in front of the yFMS agent. Liga is BS. Understand?!?

List of documents to be submitted:

(READ!!! These are documents you need to hand-in with application)

-2 completed copies of the application form (unsigned).
    -HIV certificate
    -Medical Certificate from Ministry of Health.
    -Original Criminal History Report.
    -Copy your passport, migration card, and registration.
    -Copy Marriage Certificate.
    -Copy first page of your spouses internal passport.
    -Copy University Diploma.
    That is it!!!! No financials, no residency doc's, no money, no backrubs... Thats it Dummies!!!!

****Super Dummy Note: In case you are a complete Idiot. Read Rules of the Road #1 and don't forget to apply it to this list of documents.****

General information about the documents

This is a Dummies How to Guide. So READ THIS DUMMIES. Use your brain.

A) IMPORTANT!!!! Certify Certify Certify Remember: A-T-N

Special Note: Expat Dummies love to debate and question everything. I will bet a month of my small salary that 10 idiots will debate whether or not Apostilles on various documents are required. Take my advice. Stop your whining and just do it! Apostille everything. Which in our case is the Criminal History Report, and Marriage Certificate. Which is nothing!!!!! Just do it!!!! This way there is not question as to the authenticity of a document. Duh!!!!!

-If the doc is not issued from Russia it needs to be certified as genuine.
    To "certify" a document as genuine the Russians require that it is:
    BIG WORD here - "Apostilled" or for you Brits "Legalized"!

Note: Read my post on Apostilles here for a more detailed description of the Apostille or Legalization Process: http://www.expat.ru/forum/temporary-...apostille.html

B) Translations - Duh, yFMS needs to read your doc! If it ain't written in Russian it has to be. Need I say more?!

C) Notarizations - Russians would notarize the lable to your toilet cleaner if it was important. They Notarize everything. The Notary will only notarize your doc if it is Apostilled. That means you need to get it Apostilled first before you can get it Notarized. Got it?!?

A-T-N = Apostille then Translate then Notarize and your life is easy!!!!

"But Jeez BeachBum What if my document was issued in Russia?"

You got married in Russia??? ,,,,,,, Great!!!, It is a Russian document.
    Do you need to Apostille it??? ,,,,,,"No dummy". it is a Russian document.
    Do you need to Translate it???,,,,,, "No dummy" it is already in Russian.
    Do you need to Notarize it???,,,,,, " Yes Dummy!!! " - (see Rules of the Road #1)

Specifics of individual documents: (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)

Note: This section explains details of the specific documents. Places and locations to obtain the doc's are addressed in this dummy guide later.

Application form - It is a 4 page form. With general information such as place of work. family information. etc. The form must be filled in precisely as required. This mean dates must be written "##.##.#### goda." all names correctly spelled as indicated on the documents submitted. (if spelling differs it will be rejected). In general, all information must be answered EXACTLY as on the sample form posted at the office. Small note: The sample form is written in block letters (Russian). Don't worry. yFMS is not that anal. They will accept it in written Russian. SO how do you know for sure? Easy!!! Go to the "local" office where you will submit your application and photograph or copy the SAMPLE application they have posted on the wall and do your exactly the same!!!! Don't listen to the other dummies on this site. Just do it like they show you at your local yFMS office. Note: I went to Pokrovka 42, and 2 other offices and the SAMPLE form was slightly different at each office. So make sure to write it exactely as is written at YOUR local office. This is a really important point. Even going so far as to leave blanks where blanks are written, da's and het's where required and other appropirate terminology. But anyways when you submit the form the agent reviews it with you and sends you off to make corrections as necessary.

Medical Documents Special Note:somebody will inevitably get confused. So let's summarize before I get into detail. The Medical certification documents are obtained by visiting three (3) separate clinics in 3 separate places. For instance, my blood work was done at Ulitsa B. Gruzhinskaya, TB at Ul Radio and the drug addiction exam at some place near to Paveletskaya Metro. (see section: Steps Follow to Submit Application "First stop" for how to obtain the exact addresses)

HIV certificate. Difficulty level: Easy!!!! Go to the clinic listed for your registeration area or region, show your payment spravka (they will give you the required form at the clinic which you take to Sberbank- pay, then Sberbank gives you the payment spravka), give your blood, get the test and pick up your certificate later. It is a one page certificate with the stamp of the local clinic director and the Ministry.IMPORTANT!!!!Dont listen to the fools that cry here that you can do all at your local expensive EXPAT clinic. It is bull. During all my stops I didnt have to wait in one single line. These whiners on site must be talking about some mythical country when they are crying non-stop about the hoardes of people waiting in queues. The Russian Clinics are easy. Not busy and only 1,350 rubles for ALL tests!

Medical Certificate- Difficulty level: Easy!!! Note: this is not the HIV certificate. That is another certificate. Don't ask why it's not all included on one certificate. This is Russia and nobody does anything logically around here! The certificate is a small blue certificate that has a signature and 3 stamp areas for the 3 series of tests/exams (Blood tests, Drug Addiction, TB).
    Stop 1. Local clinic for the Blood (note: this is the same clinic for the HIV test which is part of the blood series but gets a seperate certificate) BTW the other tests are for Chlymadia, Syphillis, Leprosy and some others. Nobody gave me a body exam. They are doctors. They can tell immediately if your rotting away from Leprosy or some other ailment. They draw your blood. Give you a single page form that has 3 areas for signatures and stamps from the other two clinics. Wait period 4 or 5 working days. You can immediately (dont listen to the fools that say you have to wait) go to the clinics to make your TB tests and Drug addiction.
    Stop 2 either TB or Drug clinic. Drug clinic is super easy. Walk in. give your name. They send you up to the doctor. They look at you for literally 10 seconds to see your not a "coke head". Stamp sign your form and your on your way. TB clinic is similar but requires 3 trips. 1st trip. Get your X ray. Some small exam and they give you sputum cup. You or anybody can bring the cup back the next day 2nd trip. (you (not the other idiot) must hack up some sputum into the cup), 3rd trip come back for results and get your paper signed /stamped.
    At the end of the week. You have visited the 3 clinics for: TB ,drugs, blood. Next: Go back to the Blood clinic and get your HIV and blood results. They sign and stamp the form. and sign and stamp the separate HIV certificate (2 copies).
    Last step: Take the completed one-page sheet with sig;s and stamps from the 3 clinics to the Ministry of Health. They accept it. Then you must go back in a couple days to pick up your little blue Ministry of Health Certificate.

Total Bull shit= Blood clinic 3 visits, TB 3 visits, Drug clinic 1 visit, Ministry 2 visits.
    Total cost= 1,350 rubles.
    Note: yFMS may not accept your silly expat clinic stuff. So why bother. Do it the Russian way and learn something in the process Dummies!!!!

-Original Criminal History report- This is the only document where you have to submit the orignal. It is only good for 3 months for date of issue. Belive me if is one day over 3 months old they will not accept it. Apostille, Translate and Notarize.thats it.
    -Copy Your passport, migration card and registration.. Again, translated and notarized. They need to see the original passport, migration card and registration. But will not take it, Duh!
    -Copy of Marriage certificate. Read this: A Copy this includes the copy of the Apostille. yFMS don't need to keep your original. BUT it must be certified (Apostilled) and Notarized. The Notary will copy the original "apostilled" marriage certificate and the Apostille page itself. Then the Notary "Notarizes" the copies. Got it?!? Note: bring your original to the agent when you submit your doc's. They will want to see the original.
    -Copy spouses internal passport. yFMS don't need all pages contrary to what the other dummies here say. Just the first page is sufficient. Don't bother to notarize it since they will want to see the original anyways when you submit your documents.
    -Copy Diploma. They don't need to keep it. Just see it. There is a question on the application form that asks for your diploma and the diploma number. Obviously, if you don't have a degree you don't need. If your diploma doesn't have a number don't write it. Duh and Duh! Again. This is the only doc that doesn't need to be translated , apostilled or notarized. Although it can't hurt! Bring the original to the agent when submitting doc's.

Steps to follow to submit your application and/or get Started:

First stop: obtain the application form and get required addresses for the clinics in your zone of registration and your 'local' yFMS office.

A good first stop is Pokrovka 42. This is the central yFMS office. Walk in the first floor door and to your left. Go to the window for Temporary Residence Permits (you'll see it on a sign over the window). Ask for an application form.
    Then look at the list of clinics on the collumn in the center of the room. Your clinic is based on the address you are registered at. If you are totally stupid ask the lady in your window. They are not idiots and can assit you to locate your clinic. Also, on the collumn are the lists for the Particluar Ministry of Health Office you must go to.

Note: I was going to list the yFMS web site. But you know what,,, It sucks!!! Nothing is up to date or correct for that matter. My life was so easy after I got my a$$ on the metro, went to Kurskaya Metro and walked 3 blocks to Pokrovka 42 and looked for myself. TRUST ME,, don't bother to look at the internet site It blows!!! ****(But, I know you will ,so here it is! ):It really is the Russian Migration Site.. They just had a web hosting problem and this Donkey Ball Program starts first. But then the yFMS site comes after. I promise!!!!!****

Look here at the yFMS web Site (this is it I promise!!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66gRa31cQWw

Second stop. Go to the yFMS office listed for your area. Ask the person at 42 Pokrovka in the TRP window which is your local office. Once at the office. Look at their posted copy of a completed application form. Photograph it and complete it exactly as they do.

Third Stop. Do your medicals. Get all your documents togther. Start the Criminal History earliest as it will take the longest to obtain get completed.

Fourth stop. Submit your documents to your local yFMS.

What happens? depending on your wait time. I had to wait 2 hours at my local office. Not long really! ). then you go in to the agent. sit down and they look at your application and documents. Check any mistakes. Ask to see originals and send you off to correct your applications. Try to go the same agent next time. Otherwise you might get somebody new and have to start all over again showing everything.

Now what? Easy correct your applications and anything they need and go back and resubmit. I had to go back 3 times to get it all correct. And believe me one time it was only because I didn't write a date in the correct format.
    So make copies of your application. Yeah you can write on a copy. It is acceptable dont worry. Russians are anal but not "that" anal.

And THEN??? Easy... on the fateful day all is correct the agent accepts the doc;s and sends you on your way. Wait time about 4-6 months (this is exactly what the yFMS agent Ludmilla Victoriovna told me) They will contact you when all is complete. How.. Along with your app you should have given a few postage paid envelopes. and your phone number on the appl. But this is a Guide for DUmmies not Morons.. So I won't bother to explain that. Also the fact that you have to give 4 photos. 35-45 mm (b&w or color matte finish).!!! Oh and lest we forget the application fee of 400r. But this is a non-dummy task.

Dummies it really is easy!!!

**** This is a Guide for Dummies.

Lastly. Take a nice present of chocolate or wine for the officer. After the application is submitted and accepted. Give it to them with a big thankyou.These people work a lot for a little pay. And it is really a nice gesture.

Questions:

Are financials important? The financial documents only are required when you go back and file for your Permanent Residency. Who said? the yFMS officer.

You must re-register each year.
    Last edited by BeachBum; 11-07-2009 at 20:35.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Good work Beachbum..
    I'll sticky this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Good work Beachbum..
    I'll sticky this thread.
    Ok Ill try to update it with some exact addresses and links to the yFMS sites and postings.

Fine work BB

Now Everyone, see how a Member of EXPAT.RU Helped with very useful info?
    What have you done to help this community lately ? Stop skating letting other do all the work ...Be active Great Job BB , BTW BB , dont you owe me a cold beer ?
    Last edited by Judge; 14-07-2009 at 14:27. Reason: No need to quote the the whole post.

2 BeachBum - really nice

Let me drop some links - taken from MOSCOW UFMS website I've found recently:
    . - Moscow admin district UFMS offices addresses and hotline phones.

. - duty hours

. - another "admin district" UFMS offices details (who is for what)

. - smaller "district" level UFMS (no hotline contacts and duty hours)
    Also, as you said, I can approve - form fullfillment examples in local offices MUST BE OBSERVED versus even website ones. It has no logical explanation, all applicants must accomodate.

http://www.fms.gov.ru/contacts/ - FEDERAL FMS - those who is in Moscow, don't go there, use upper links.

http://www.fms.gov.ru/useful/novisas/index_eng.php - non-visas arrival persons

http://www.fms.gov.ru/useful/migrate/index_eng.php - memo for registration

http://www.fms.gov.ru/useful/formvisa/index_eng.php - visa procedure
    Last edited by FatAndy; 16-07-2009 at 18:17.

Trp

Thanks Beach Bum ...very useful and accurate information. Will clear peoples doubts on this matter for a while (until regulations change)

Except I can ADD on a single point:

"People without Quota (not having russian spouse) DO have every chance to obtain TRP in the same way - through Agencies who make extra charge for obtaining quotas.

I am UK National - without Russian spouse -and have also completed the same process through an Agency.

Wow - many thanks for this exhaustive guide - a massive help - much appreciated. Just one thing I can't figure out - and I have searched and searched, honest - the Criminal History Report - where does one get this from? Country of birth or Russia? No doubt a daft question, sorry, but if anyone could help...

Thanks again!
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by djnickhodgkins View Post
    Wow - many thanks for this exhaustive guide - a massive help - much appreciated. Just one thing I can't figure out - and I have searched and searched, honest - the Criminal History Report - where does one get this from? Country of birth or Russia? No doubt a daft question, sorry, but if anyone could help...

Thanks again!
    Nick
    Nick look here if you are American:

http://www.expat.ru/forum/temporary-...apostille.html

Look here if you are Brit:

http://www.expat.ru/forum/temporary-...alisation.html

If neither jsut find out from your country of origin how to obtain a record of your criminal history. It is not a big deal Most police organizations can help you on this topic.

Thanks BB, that was awesome posting. I have only one question, what type of visa should I apply for to get into the RF and start this ? I can probably get a job with a Russian company if it will make life easier, so I'm thinking work visa ?

(Yes, I probably qualify for "dummy")
    "Our very existence is but the product of a very long series of extremely improbable events"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post
    Thanks BB, that was awesome posting. I have only one question, what type of visa should I apply for to get into the RF and start this ? I can probably get a job with a Russian company if it will make life easier, so I'm thinking work visa ?

best is a business visa..

got more time to write more now. Anyways, a business visa is a good alternative. but if you want to work with a Russian Company you will need a work visa then work permit 2 seperate things). But I am not very knowledgeable about those things. there are some excellent threads in the TRP subforum. check them out!

Time and time again this question is being asked. And time and time again I will make it simple. Employment first from an employer who can employ an expat with government permission. Start there first. and everything will fall in place. Act back to front and you will get nowhere. Find your qualified employer first. Preferably seek the work from your home country. It is safer that way.

How do I get a work permit? Find your employer first.

Terrific work beachbum. You have done it again on showing that you are a great and valued member here.

Great thread, BB! Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by Bels View Post
    Terrific work beachbum. You have done it again on showing that you are a great and valued member here.
    The post is very helpful. But why does he show up as "banned" now? A quick look at some of his recent posts don't show anything negative that I can see. It would be bad to lose such a good source of information.

Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast