littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Ros Telecom

Ros Telecom

. . . keeps calling me.

That tells me that I probably owe them money.

BUT, I don't see a bill in my mailbox.

How do I give Ros Telecom money with no bill and limited Russian-speaking skills? Anyone? Buehler?
    You say "potato." I say "vodka."

they might also be calling you because dialing rules were changed some time ago... and now they might be asking you make them "default" provider

Quote Originally Posted by MissAnnElk View Post
    . . . keeps calling me.

That tells me that I probably owe them money.

BUT, I don't see a bill in my mailbox.

How do I give Ros Telecom money with no bill and limited Russian-speaking skills? Anyone? Buehler?
    Try and call (495)636-0-636. Ask how and how much to pay for intercity calls. They will ask you your fixed tel. number and a name of your landlord (on whom the telephone is registered). They (I hope) will give you the info and can also fax you a form of bill, which you could fill in yourself. Then go pay at the nearest Sberbank division (they are all painted green, you know).

Another way (at least it used to be like this a few years ago): you go to N.Arbat, 2, and pay on the spot. They check their computer system for your debt, print out your bill, and you pay it.

After that go paint the town red.
    Last edited by AndreyS; 23-06-2009 at 20:47.

Sometimes they call for no particular reason - they called me several times one or two months ago although I didn't use their service - I even don't know how to dial up after they changed the dialling codes... They also said I had debts...

W

Quote Originally Posted by OlgaT View Post
    Sometimes they call for no particular reason - they called me several times one or two months ago although I didn't use their service - I even don't know how to dial up after they changed the dialling codes... They also said I had debts...
    They just wanted to chat you up. Did you reject them?

If you owe money, they keep calling if you do not listen to the entire message. If they are just selling a new product, I can usually tell.

I have no idea what the real apartment owner's name is (shhhh!!!). I do know that they will, eventually, send another bill. But they will probably cut the long-distance service until then.

It was just a recording, Andrey, so I didn't get to chat. Alas.

Now Mr Elk, when he calls, pretends he is Ros Telecom.

Very funny.

Not.
    You say "potato." I say "vodka."

Quote Originally Posted by AndreyS View Post
    They just wanted to chat you up. Did you reject them?
    Yes, I always said: "shut up, I don't use you f* service" and put down the receiver... You think I should have chatted up a robot? But I wasn't that drunk...

W

The highest degree of talent is to enjoy a chit-chat with answering machine.

W

Quote Originally Posted by OlgaT View Post
    Yes, I always said: "shut up, I don't use you f* service" and put down the receiver... You think I should have chatted up a robot? But I wasn't that drunk...
    You lost.. err... your robot on a white horse.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreyS View Post
    You lost.. err... your robot on a white horse.
    I would regret only if the white horse was alive...

I love interesting telephone conversations, I think this telecoms outfit would be hardpressed to meet the challenge laid down here...

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z4Vs26-TI[/nomedia]

This prank is hilarious

I have 2 MGTS phone lines in my home, one with Rostelecom as default long distance provider, another is for provider selection before the call. A month ago... after two robotic calls to that second line asking me to connect second line to Rostelecom as default too - I've called to Rostelecom service call-center (495) 727 49 00 (it is printed on the bill usually) and very seriously asked them to exclude both of my phone numbers from any robotic ads of their side. No troubles since that time. I recommend you all to do the same.