littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bravo, Obama!

Fat pussy or poison??
    I am still undecided. The quandary I have learnt upon as presented by Qdos and you is despicably harrowing indeed to my vodka-jiggered mind, Judge.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    I am still undecided. The quandary I have learnt upon as presented by Qdos and you is despicably harrowing indeed to my vodka-jiggered mind, Judge.
    I'll try and help you some more... Fish 'n' chips,mushy peas,kebabs to die for,washed down with fine ale and a good fight in the town centre.Nice night out?
    Sorry for going off topic. I can never forget when I moved to Bristol .My first night out in the centre, there were police horses out in force.I thought I was in the middle of a riot.

Hehe, I like fights, though. Knocked out a guy just a week ago, really enjoyed the violence, that familiar and much cherished smashing sound when the knuckles hit the cheek bone. He was asking for it, though, usually I am timid and bashful. The situation was almost identical to the video I posted the other day, I almost had a deja vu fit. Not know if Jack is still with us, but my knuckes are perfectly fine. I smoked a Belomorcanal cig, had some vodka and banged a girl after that (to stay on topic).

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    Hehe, I like fights, though. Knocked out a guy just a week ago, really enjoyed the violence, that familiar and much cherished smashing sound when the knuckles hit the cheek bone. He was asking for it, though, usually I am timid and bashful. The situation was almost identical to the video I posted the other day, I almost had a deja vu fit. Not know if Jack is still with us, but my knuckes are perfectly fine. I smoked a Belomorcanal cig, had some vodka and banged a girl after that (to stay on topic).
    You will fit right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    I can never forget when I moved to Bristol...
    Yay, that's my home turf...

Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    This is exactly what I mean about the Left-Wing loons. One personal freedom after another disappears with them, and it starts ....."for the sake of "the children"", or our "own good".
    Well, DDT, you have to be either for personal freedoms or against them. It's funny that some smokers keep bringing the "personal freedom" issue when it affects them, but conspicuously ignore personal freedoms when it's convenient for them.

The rights of one individual end where the rights of another individual begin.

As simple and clear as that. That's the golden rule. Non-smokers have as much right not to smell your cigarettes as you have the right to smoke them. And while other people's right is a major inconvenient hole in the "personal freedoms" case, you still have to respect them.
    A modest girl never pursues a man. Nor does a mousetrap pursue a mouse.

Well, non smokers have the right find another spot to stand if they don't like smoke. Just as they have the right to not stand at a bus stop if they don't like diesel fumes. If you want to live with others you had better realize that you can not control every situation.

I am talking about personal freedoms not peoples personal dislikes. You make light of the fact that the state now tells a private citizen what he can and can not do in his private business. Such as not allowing him to serve people who are smokers in his restaurant or bar. Since when did it become the state's business who my customers are?

btw, in case you have been deluded into thinking that there is direct evidence that 2nd hand smoke causes cancer. A few years back the W.H.O. suppressed their own findings on a study of 2nd hand smoke when they could not come up with evidence that it was the case that it caused cancer.

Well, non smokers have the right find another spot to stand if they don't like smoke. Just as they have the right to not stand at a bus stop if they don't like diesel fumes. If you want to live with others you had better realize that you can not control every situation.
    That's a very common twist. You pick up a habit and they expect the world to just accommodate you. It's not about smoking, about something that bothers other people i.e. infringes on their rights. Let's look at another example. There's a guy who likes to walk around with a stereo that plays rap music at 150 decibels. If he's standing next to you at a bus stop and it bothers your eardrums, if you're a 5'3" 100-pound weakling and he's 6'7" 300-pound bodybuilder, my may have to choose to swallow it and walk away, but we both know it is in fact your right not to hear that music in a public place and he's in the wrong. Which is why if your neighbor plays loud music you have the right to call the police and they'll be on your side. His right to listed to loud rap music stops, where the right of his neighbors not to hear it begins. Smoking is exactly like that. The people you're bothering with whatever it is you're doing (smoking, music, farting, screaming, etc. etc.) don't have to "leave if they don't like it", it's you who has to do it where it doesn't bother other people, because it's a public place (not private property) and everyone has equal rights of access.
    I am talking about personal freedoms not peoples personal dislikes. You make light of the fact that the state now tells a private citizen what he can and can not do in his private business. Such as not allowing him to serve people who are smokers in his restaurant or bar. Since when did it become the state's business who my customers are?
    Dislikes? I am talking about personal freedoms too. If you're unwilling to respect other people's personal freedom and put your own personal freedom above everyone else's then yes, the government must regulate your behavior and put you in your place, absolutely. What you're not getting is that the action is irrelevant. You have the freedom to do whatever the hell you like as long as it doesn't bother other people. As long as your behavior does not affect others, you can smoke a whole pack at a time for all we care. When your smoke affects others, you are infringing on their personal freedom.
    btw, in case you have been deluded into thinking that there is direct evidence that 2nd hand smoke causes cancer. A few years back the W.H.O. suppressed their own findings on a study of 2nd hand smoke when they could not come up with evidence that it was the case that it caused cancer.
    You see, I don't give a damn. The smell is disgusting. If I'm in your house and you light up right in front of my face, I'll bite my lip and you won't hear a peep from me. But when we're both in a public place I don't want to see it.
    A modest girl never pursues a man. Nor does a mousetrap pursue a mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamodeus View Post
    You have the freedom to do whatever the hell you like as long as it doesn't bother other people.
    Actually that is quite wrong. "Bothering someone" is subjective and won't necessarily stand up in court. You can say almost anything bothers you.

This is exactly what I mean about the Left-Wing loons. One personal freedom after another disappears with them, and it starts ....."for the sake of "the children"", or our "own good". We predicted 10 to 15 years ago when the first smoking bans were talked about that "one day we will be stopped from smoking even in our homes." Well, this is already happening to some people in the USA, under court orders from child visitation cases.
    Soon Obummer will give us his "special" cameras in our children's nursery to make sure that parents are not doing anything "bad for baby"!

It's only a matter of time, with the Left! Kiss your freedoms good-bye now.

PS: I have heard that some US states have cigarettes for sale as high as almost $9 per pack.

So then you must agree that I have the right to smoke marijuana without interference from the government or police.

Also, if I want to do magic mushrooms, lsd, etc.

If not then all your talk about "freedom" is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpaseeba View Post
    So then you must agree that I have the right to smoke marijuana without interference from the government or police.

Also, if I want to do magic mushrooms, lsd, etc.

If not then all your talk about "freedom" is meaningless.
    Of course you have those Rights! When have I ever said anything else!
    The government has no business regulating what I eat, smoke, inject or how many guns I buy a month!

Carbo Guest
    The problem Russia has, as always, is corruption.

Increasing the price of cigarettes will simply increase the market for smuggled or illegally made cigarettes.

This could be stopped, but stopping that would require dealing with the criminals that smuggle them in and distribute them, and that means dealing with the corruption.

In any country which has any type of social, government paid medical care, the tax on cigarettes should be gargantuan. Cancer treatment costs a fortune. Cardiology is expensive. Smokers should pay. But I'm not sure that's practicable in Russia.

Now, on to something that really raised a smile, isn't it a surprise to see DDT taking the side of the tobacco companies? I wonder if there's ever been a major corporation lobbying effort that didn't fool him? Honestly, what a sucker! Is there any subject on which DDT doesn't take the side of the mega-rich or of the major corporations?

Just wondering.
    Last edited by Carbo; 27-06-2009 at 01:13.

And I wonder if there has ever been a Marxists that hasn't fooled our illustrious Carbus Insidious!

Carbo Guest
    And I wonder if there has ever been a Marxists that hasn't fooled our illustrious Carbus Insidious!
    I don't think I've ever prescribed to "Marxists" doctrine. Or Marxist, for that matter.

Think it's morally wrong. And, even if one could argue that it isn't, I think it has been proven time and time again not to work.

Meantime, sucker, are you going to answer the question?

And by the way, for one who is so interested in personal freedom, you seem awfully bereft of knowledge of John Stuart Mill, who clearly said that people were free to do what they want, as long as it doesn't infringe on the freedoms of others. It's one of the central tenants of your constitution, which I happen to believe is one of the greatest documents produced by man.

Now tell me how the f*ck smoking in a room and forcing non-smokers to breath your poisoned air fits with that, sucker. I'll expect a reply once you've had a chance to visit the British American Tobacco lobbying website.

EDIT: I'm must be a real centrist, I think: Russian Lad thinks I'm the reincarnation of the robber-baron industrialists of America's gilded age, DDT thinks I'm ready to seize the economy's commanding heights in order to hand the means of production to the hero-proletariat. Interesting. I feel vindicated.
    Last edited by Carbo; 27-06-2009 at 01:43.

Now tell me how the f*ck smoking in a room and forcing non-smokers to breath your poisoned air fits with that, sucker.
    May I volunteer to answer the question?
    You heard about powerful air conditioners?
    Besides, there can be restaurants for smokers and non-smokers, or well-conditioned sections for smokers only. Fighting smokers to me is an agenda of an overfed society where a lot of public attention is also draw to the rights of queers or to anti-abortion campaigns.
    As to your political views, I think they are bent to the right, but rather centrist, on the whole. But it is hard to be a centrist, so you may swerve to the right or to the left spectrum, occasionally, depending on the issue at hand.
    Last edited by Russian Lad; 27-06-2009 at 02:03.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast