littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bravo, Obama!

Bravo, Obama!

Now if only the pathetic Russian lawmakers did 1/10th of what this law means. But no, cigarettes in Russia are still cheaper than in Africa.

Well done, Obama!

BBC NEWS | Americas | Obama signs tobacco bill into law
    A modest girl never pursues a man. Nor does a mousetrap pursue a mouse.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    The Kremlin would have a revolution on its hands if the price for a pkt of cigs was the same like in America or the EU.

Pfaff. Red herrings.

Just like gay marriage and teaching of evolution/creation in schools, politicians in the US love to sidetrack the public with these meaningless campaigns to distract their attention from the real realities and pressing issues. Media manipulation of the public's frontal lobe while real issues are buried and ignored.

A *smokescreen* you might say.

The Kremlin would have a revolution on its hands if the price for a pkt of cigs was the same like in America or the EU.
    Indeed, there would be riots immediately. One of the reasons USSR fell so quickly was the severe shortage of these commodities in the past. I remember a coupon-based distribution of vodka, wine and cigs in the beginning of the 90ties.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    Indeed, there would be riots immediately. One of the reasons USSR fell so quickly was the severe shortage of these commodities in the past. I remember a coupon-based distribution of vodka, wine and cigs in the beginning of the 90ties.
    I'll be on top of the tanks if my LD cigs go any higher.already bloody 16 rubles,was only 7 rubles 5 years ago.
    Cigs, vodka and gas for living are 3 things the Kremlin must never touch.Imagine if they hike the prices up now,in crisis time.

I don't smoke, well not nowadays, I'm an ex-smoker and I quit before the UK ban on smoking in public places, but after the UK tobacco advertising ban was implemented. If you think Obamas tobacco legislation is tough then look instead at the UK, where it is far tougher!

You can't smoke in bars, cafes, shops, restaurants or clubs. Nowhere in any indoor public place - including trains, stations, planes, passenger ship indoor areas, your workplace, etc, etc.

They're now also making noises about banning smoking in the home where you may have children, and from banning smoking in cars!

And you reckon Obama is tough? He's a pussycat...

' ban smoking in cars'

It's madness,you are stuck in traffic,late for work and need to calm your nerves.I can see an increase in road rage.

I'll be on top of the tanks if my LD cigs go any higher.already bloody 16 rubles,was only 7 rubles 5 years ago.
    That's what I meant when saying once that my life was much better under Yeltsin. KGB sucks. My salary used to be around 25 thousand rubles, but I was renting a one room apartment for... 600 (six hundred rubles). Besides, we had free press back then, like NTV, where Putin was mocked openly.
    I guess I need to start writing something real nasty here so that FSB puts me in jail for a year, and then I can apply for a political asylum and will go to GB for nice government-sponsored life and fat ugly pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    I guess I need to start writing something real nasty here so that FSB puts me in jail for a year, and then I can apply for a political asylum and will go to GB for nice government-sponsored life and fat ugly pussies.
    I saw a few of those fat ugly wimmen last night on a drinking tour, and I tell you... the gulag would be better RL, don't doubt my word...

I saw a few of those fat ugly wimmen last night on a drinking tour, and I tell you... the gulag would be better RL, don't doubt my word...
    Hehe, I have boned so many hot slender Russian chicks in my life that I can make do with some fatties now. Besides, I adore the language. View it as a cultural exchange of sorts - you get the hot Russian chicks here, I go to GB as a solace gift to the local birds. Someone has to do it.

This is exactly what I mean about the Left-Wing loons. One personal freedom after another disappears with them, and it starts ....."for the sake of "the children"", or our "own good". We predicted 10 to 15 years ago when the first smoking bans were talked about that "one day we will be stopped from smoking even in our homes." Well, this is already happening to some people in the USA, under court orders from child visitation cases.
    Soon Obummer will give us his "special" cameras in our children's nursery to make sure that parents are not doing anything "bad for baby"!

It's only a matter of time, with the Left! Kiss your freedoms good-bye now.

PS: I have heard that some US states have cigarettes for sale as high as almost $9 per pack.

You might even get British Citizenship,but watch out ,the MI6 might slip you some poison.So they can stir it some more with your beloved Russia.
    Last edited by Judge; 23-06-2009 at 19:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    You might even get British Citizenship,but watch out ,the MI6 might slip you some poison.So they can stir it some more with your beloved Russia.
    Or he could become a bodyguard for Boris Abramovich Berezovsky...
    Last edited by Judge; 23-06-2009 at 19:12.

You might even get British Citizenship,but watch out ,the MI6 might slip you some poison.So they can cause stir it some more with your beloved Russia.
    I have nothing to lose but my chains. Is it an official permission to me from the expat.ru stuff to start waging a full-fledged intellectual war against FSB oppression here on the site?

Quote Originally Posted by Qdos View Post
    Or he could become a bodyguard for Boris Abramovich Berezovsky...

RussianLad is having second thoughts now.Fat pussy or poisen??
    Screw it,it's worth the risk laddie boy.
    But to keep on topic,if you smoke and go to England,a pkt of cigs cost about 5 quid.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast