littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Father Christmas banned in UK!

Father Christmas banned in UK!

The PC brigade have banned Santa from a shopping centre - in case he offends non-christians!!

The Scrooges struck in Birmingham's famous Bull-Ring. A spokeswoman said
    : " We wish to be sensitive to people of other religions over the festive period. There are a lot of people in the region who are not christians and do not celebrate Christmas."

London's major stores in Oxford Street, London have already banned Santa. They said that his grotto took up too much room. This space, they said could be utilised to stock more goods for sale.

Also, mothers are very wary nowadays of letting their little one's sit on a strange man's lap while he puts his arm around them. They also find standing in line and waiting to see Santa with their offspring too time-consuming.

Banning Santa in case he upsets non-christians is absolutely ridiculous!! Father Christmas, his elves and his reindeer aren't at all religious. All they symbolise is the massive commercial exploitation event that Christmas has become.

Will the Bull-Ring now ban Diwali in case non-Hindus are upset? Or Rosh Hashana in case non-Jews complain. Or the Feast of Sacrifice in case non - Muslims object.

Anyway the days when Christmas had much to do with Christianity have long gone in most homes.

The only thing that offends parents nowadays is having to fork out so much money for their kids presents in places like the Bull-Ring!!

For the record _ Father Christmas is rooted in PAGAN times. He probably began life as the Green Man in Celtic culture. This makes the banning even more mind-numbing!!
    Last edited by Leslie Presley; 10-11-2004 at 10:04.

I can beleive that, this PC craps is way to far now
    Life is what you make it, we can ALL find negatives in everything, me, I prefer to see the positive, but hey, that's just me..

How many people actually want to a) go to the Bull ring and b) sit on Santa's lap there anyway- although the city centre is better now, the BR is a shame on cty designers- truly ghastly...

Yeah I know that is not the point- my personal fave is the pack of Sainsbury's dry roasted that say"warning- may contain nuts" oh how we laughed...

Are you reading another thread and posting on this one by mistake!!??

erm no- PC warnings about nuts was part of the same issue last time i checked and the bull ring is a pile of pants...whats wrong with that

Idiot Amin Guest
    Originally posted by half crazed visigoth
    "warning- may contain nuts" ...
    I know a guy who wears underwear with a similar warning.

I know a guy who is a NUT. Period!

thanks. makes me proud

I was actually addressing the NUT comment to Idiot Amin. But if the cap fits.................

I thought nuts were banned?

I thought the band was nuts!

Originally posted by half crazed visigoth
    erm no- PC warnings about nuts was part of the same issue last time i checked and the bull ring is a pile of pants...whats wrong with that
    That has nothing to do with PC - it is the consequences of the compensation culture, due to the fact that some people will be glad to sue if something that they were not warned about offends them.
    I want to die like my grandfather - smiling in his sleep. Not screaming with horror, like his passengers.

and now most people busy themselves with deciding what is going to offend them next.
    never believe anything until it has been officially denied

Originally posted by Filimon
    That has nothing to do with PC - it is the consequences of the compensation culture, due to the fact that some people will be glad to sue if something that they were not warned about offends them.
    "you get your money for nuthin' and yer checks fer free...."
    Of all the millions of sperm you had to be the one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast