littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Health Insurance in Russia

Health Insurance in Russia

I'm looking for health insurance for West-European non-Russian resident in Moscow... and working for Russian venture.

I am just looking for a way that if I get sick or break a bone, that I don't have to go to the cheap polyclinics, but instead:

1. can get into a 'more reliable' european/american clinic or get medical services in home country
    and
    2. get expences for medicine payed back.

I have trouble finding organisations offering programmes. Any suggestions are very much appreciated.... thanks.

I've found the London-based Medicare to be quite good.
    You can find them at: http://www.medicare.co.uk/

My employer paid for insurance for me directly from the European Medical Center.
    "I leave when the pub closes" -Churchill

Just received quote from
    www.europartnersinsurance.com

Tel 785 7332

Fa-Q! Guest
    There are several Russian companies that offer clinic services for general ailments w/ doctors that make house calls when you're sick, along with basic dental, emergency (ambulance) services. I had Rostno once, the clinics weren't very good. I had Rennaissance (still do for my son). It was pretty good. Now I have Soglasie Vita and I like the clinic (it's at Park Kultury). Here's a tel. number from my insurance card. Doubt it's the sales department, but they might be able to help if you're interested. In general, these insurance policies range in price from $800-1500/yr. Good luck.

Fa-Q! Guest
    Soglasie Vita- 234-2828, 956-3536

Akila - check your PMs.
    "I'm trying to drink away the part of the day that I cannot sleep away"

I use BUPA. www.bupa.co.uk if you exclude the USA from your cover it is not too expensive.

Fa-Q! Guest
    I didn't see the rates on the BUPA site. Approx how much for an adult? Do their Docs make house calls, dental?

I'd like to resurrect this post.

I'm interested in finding affordable LOCAL (i.e. Russian-based) insurance that will cover the costs of doctor visits, basic procedures etc.
    I have duly noted the above reference to Soglasie Vita, but would like to have some other recommendations to compare with.

I am in an "interim" state for let's say about 8 months before my company gets its ass in gear with work permits, etc and before i will become eligible for their company insurance. and i need to go to the doctor(s) sooner than later.

Alternatively, if anyone can reveal any information regarding the cost of a doctor's visit at the EMC (european med center) or the American Clinic (as opposed to the american medical center, they charged me about $400 for an unncessary x-ray, thanks american medical center) please do share! My concerns primarily involve "girl stuff" if that matters.
    never believe anything until it has been officially denied

Polly,
    check your PM
    Heghlu'meH QAQ jajwam

thanks crom for the info!

i am looking for non-USA, Moscow-local info because my budget will not allow $1K or over. =(
    never believe anything until it has been officially denied

360KiloStripedKitty Guest
    Try the Diplomatic Clinic - standards of care are excellent and prices should be lower than the Western clinics. Sorry but all I can remember is that it is near m. Dobrininskaya.