littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visiting Samara

Quote Originally Posted by drbobguy View Post
    I am American and will be in Samara for six months starting in February 2010. Let me know if you want to meet up, would love to spend time with some English speakers.
    Hello,
    I'm from Samara,welcome to our city! I'd love to meet you

yockana Guest
    this place is nice, but kind of cold.

Hello,

I am visiting Samara during the weekend, arriving with the train and departing from Kuromoch airport. I'd like to avoid a taxi, so I need to make my way to the airport with the Bus Most guides recommend using Bus #78 from either Polyana Imina Frunze or Krasnaya Glinka, however the Kuromoch airport website speaks of a direct Samara - Airport Bus. Unfortunately, they only state the departure times from the airport and where it departs there, not the otherway around.

So, can anybody tell me, where in the city, if those airport buses truly exist, they depart?

Regards,
    *D

http://airport.samara.ru/passenger/how_get_to/
    There are 2 buses mentioned on this page. One is direct, without number of route (top of page schedule) and second is #78 Polyana im. Frunze - pos. Bereza (near airport, bottom of the page).

Though I always reached Kurumoch or Samara with taxi - it is much faster, price is 900-1300 rub, depending on the company and distance.

Taxi :) Bus :(

I second the recommendation to take a taxi. The bus takes for ever.

Surely. The distance is > 45 km, it is shared airport of Samara and Togliatti.

Hey guys, thanks for the quick responses, but the linked Samara airport page is the one I was referring to - it only states departure times and the station at the airport, not in the city. If that direct bus really exists, I guess it would take much less time than the #78 connection, thus being an alternative to the taxi mafia so, if anyone else made some experience with that direct bus, pls. let me know. Otherwhise I guess I'll have to settle with a taxi

btw, at current 26 deg and blue sky, Samara really feels like a summer ressort. First impression: highly recommendable!

Larry Paradine is offline Incompetent wizard, frantically calculating how many of his seven plus one lives are left
    In July 2008 (the last time I travelled by bus from the airport to Samara), buses ran about once an hour from early morning (about 6 am) till early evening (about 7 pm), but timetables have almost certainly changed since then. The bus route to the airport starts at the central railway station (Ж.Д.Вокзал), stopping at the suburban bus station (пригородный автовокзал) and the central bus station (центральный автовокзал), and following the same route on the way back. Journey time about 90 minutes. Fare was only about 50 roubles, so say about 100 now, but a taxi'll cost you at least ten times as much and an arm and a leg as well.

Samara

Hi, everyone!!!
    Believe me that Samara is a wonderful place to visit.
    Seeing is believing!!! Go there and you won't regret!!!

See ya!!!

Places to visit in Samara

Hi guys, my native city is Samara, I left in 2005, but still visit this beautiful city from time to time!

First of all, Samara is really amazing, but it's better to visit it in summer. The first place to go - definitely the embankment (although I've been told it's partially closed right now - reconstruction - but it will be open again in September this year), it goes along almost half of the city's length, very charming, and there are lots of the most beautiful girls you have ever seen (it is true).

The old "center" is really nice, but it's easy to get lost. You should definitely see Филармония, Драмтеатр and the Strukovsky park, Samaraskaya and Slavi squares.

You can find the biggest 'big wheel' in Europe in the Gagarina Park. Also, the biggest mosque in Europe is also near that park.

Don't forget all the beaches, they're amazing and Samara loves them, in summer many people go there every day! By August the water is usually warm.

As to clubs/restaurants/coffee-shops and so on, I think someone from Samara should comment, haven't lived there for too long.

hello,

end of next week i will move from moscow to samara for at least the next 2 years - so if there is somebody who can recommend me something there, would be great. or are there some other expats living there??? as this thread is quite maybe situation has changed?

thanks
    b.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12