littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What makes someone become evil?

85StonePolarBear Guest

What makes someone become evil?

Debate Bush, Iraq etc all you want - but the biggest unanswerable question is - what makes a Saddam, a Stalin, a Shitler, a Pol Pot? What makes a man who can cure disease and comfort people turn into a Harold Shipman or worse yet a Josef Mengele? Until that one is answered and addressed, will we ever see peace? Is there an answer for it?

85StonePolarBear,
    I think someday they will prove it to be a chemical imbalance in the brain, genetics or a combination of both.
    If there is still anyone on this site who i HAVE NOT annoyed yet, please let me know and i promise i'll get to you as soon as i can!

85StonePolarBear Guest
    Originally posted by trebor
    85StonePolarBear,
    I think someday they will prove it to be a chemical imbalance in the brain, genetics or a combination of both.
    My feeling exactly. But then, what do we do? Without a cure, we are back at square one - even if there were prenatal testing that detected a future Hitler, could society force the mother to abort if her religious beliefs prevented it?

Perhaps its because mankinds understanding of the brain is extremely primitive compared with our knowledge of other parts of our anatomy. Our understanding of regular illness compared with mental illness (and surely, someone who is capable of overseeing the murder and suffering of millions of people is mentaly ill) is at its earliest stages of development.
    We use 1/3 of our brain. What's the rest for?
    Perhaps one day this will be the new tomorrow.
    If there is still anyone on this site who i HAVE NOT annoyed yet, please let me know and i promise i'll get to you as soon as i can!

bona Guest
    We use about 5% of the brain. Bad evil politicians use no less, just use it in the wrong way.

Biggest mistake ever: Hitler's mum saying 'yes' to "Let's go upstairs, Brunhilda, I feel a bit frisky tonight!"
    I want to die like my grandfather - smiling in his sleep. Not screaming with horror, like his passengers.

i think it is spending a day trying to change rubles into euros, riding the metro and being misunderstood by the bimbo twat working at mcdonalds when the damn menu is just russafied english....I am having a bad day and will turn evil on the next person that pisses me off...i already called the laziest obmen valut girl on the face of the earth a bitch and still don't feel better...
    Of all the millions of sperm you had to be the one.

85StonePolarBear Guest
    ((((((((((((((((((POLAR BEAR HUG))))))))))))))) for Plastique - just take a rest, you'll be OK - and this from a bear who has not been to McDonalds in 2.5 years because they once served him regular Coke instead of diet - because the bear is hypersensitive to caffeine and sugar to the point that he becomes violent instead of huggy!

Originally posted by trebor

We use 1/3 of our brain. What's the rest for?

Ummmm.....evolution !

My whole life I've been hearing this 'we only use 10% of our brain'. What is that based on. If I don't write on the back of my paper then am I only using 50% of my paper? And what about the margins? Another statistic that is baselessly bandied about 80% of the time.

I do agree with Canadian, (yes I contemplated suicide before admitting this), that evolution is involved here. We need a variety of people for humans to survive. We don't need the entire variety everyday but eventually circumstances arise that require every type for the survival of mankind. Even evil people.

What makes someone become evil

Weakness, every bad act one makes comes out of incapability to do it in a normal way I think. Aint able to earn – steal, lack brain for arguments – be rude, aint satisfied with your life – try to shit smb else’s as hard as possible. It’s easier and simpler. My cat is a piece of evil, but that’s another case – he’s brain damaged.

85StonePolarBear Guest

Re: What makes someone become evil

Originally posted by Sadie
    My cat is a piece of evil, but that’s another case – he’s brain damaged.
    They are all brain damaged - the lion instinct has never been bred out of the domesticated cat - even my most affectionate furball attempts to eat my fingers every so once in a while.

After almost 2 years of utterly wild behaviour, my most aggressive cat (abused as a kitten by an alcoholic, crooked breeder) allowed me to pet him this morning and even purred! There is hope for everyone out there!

The rest of what you posted is all too reminiscent of some of the racists and other garbage who surface on this site, albeit, fortunately, quite rarely these days. But I'm not sure that it explains the truly evil - the murderous despots, the terrorists, and the serial killers who share the same DNA as we do but otherwise have no relation to humanity.

The answer is far more simple than that...(in my experience)

Power and money, even the best people in the world are likely to be corrupted when exposed to one or both.

I have a secretary in one of my offices who wasa great person, got a little bit of power, and now does everything possible to get more, and yes she is now VERY evil.... a long story
    Life is what you make it, we can ALL find negatives in everything, me, I prefer to see the positive, but hey, that's just me..

85StonePolarBear Guest
    Originally posted by moscowmail
    The answer is far more simple than that...(in my experience)

Power and money, even the best people in the world are likely to be corrupted when exposed to one or both.

There is definitely something to that - when I was reading about the Shipman case I distinctly remember that one of the psychologists interviewed in the Times or the Guardian or whatever I was reading mentioned that Shipman was obsessed with the power of life and death that he had over his elderly patients. But what made him choose to kill over 200 of them, as opposed to doing everything possible to comfort them? There are plenty of arrogant doctors out there whose arrogance may manifest itself in bad bedside manner, or even a misdiagnosis - but cold blooded murder?

As part of my MBA I took a course on psychology, actually a carry on from my BA, and I got very interested in why people cross the line between reality and the ‘unaccepted behavior’ this is a long topic but very interesting and it happens everyday to normal people…… wow, just got me interested again, maybe I will pursue my education some more…. Nahhh, JUST WANT MONEY AND POWWWEERRR
    Life is what you make it, we can ALL find negatives in everything, me, I prefer to see the positive, but hey, that's just me..

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast