littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Where are we going?

kak Guest

Where are we going?

Ok…I have seen / read a lot of things on Expat this week about those recent tragic events
    I just want to add my comments.

1. Beslan was a nightmare, there is no name for people who kill children.

2. Russian government, local authorities should be ashamed by the way they managed this tragic event, I mean look at it again, you have all images in your mind : Did someone see any kind of logistics, coordination to rescue people???? Did someone see any “big” politic people? What have been made to save those people??? it was just a big mess

3. Saying: “we won’t negotiate” = be ready that this nightmare will happen again (remember Moscow theater?) nothing has changed since, things are just getting worse…violence calls violence.

4. Saying smthing like: “We have nuclear power, we are ready to hit anyone/anywhere” is as stupid as thinking that there are terrorists on one side and good nice people on the other: the world is not just that white and black!

5. Russia is in war against Chechnya, no need to make people believe that there is some kind of global terrorism organisation…etc.etc…behind all that.

6. Western medias against Russian medias … ok little reminder….is there any INDEPENDENT media here??? It’s a f….g shame that some western media do not call “terrorists” people who are. But since they are not under the control of the Russian government, they still can write what they think, which contains “some” true: war against Chechnya is a “dirty war” and each side has got blood on their hands, just face it.

7. Stop the stupid comments like: all people from Chechnya should be killed, or all Muslims are bad…etc.etc…This is just pure racism! Crazyness is everywhere, in every type of blood, every skin color any religion!

8. Stop the psycho: Try to live as normally as you can! Take the metro, go out… you still have more chance to die in a car accident that because of an act of terrorism. Just be more careful.

9. Remember the “law of information” you only get touched by what happen next to you. Just an example (yes I know there is nothing to deal with war/terrorism..etc) but just think for one second.. Children in Africa are still dying by hundreds everyday just because us ( the "rich countries") do not give a s…t about what’s happening there.

So…you see a lot of atrocity are just happening everywhere/ everyday in the world.

yeah “vegetables are better than humans”, Peyote is right

there is one thing i'd second here - there really is too much negative fuss created over here about the recent events, let's move on...
    i'd argue some of your points, kakrout, but don't want to go against my above appeal
    Mama told me not to come!

Where are we going?

I was thinking about heading out to McCoys tonight. Anyone else going there?
    That's me, as confused as a hungry baby in a topless bar!

I'm going to N'awlins fer a week tomorrow. Already got my chit in for a liver transplant, can I get a ay-MEN?!
    Proudly sitting down to pee since 1989

kniga is offline Objects in mirror may be larger than they appear
    Johnny Reb,

Amen, brother!

Fa-Q! Guest
    Don't forget the Brand New Asshole!!! I'd be forever indebted if you would bring me the latest version of trivial pursuit, as well! Pleeeeease! They're like $30 at Wal Mart. I'll give you the loot when you get back. Oh, and a copy of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson. I can't find it anywhere.

kak Guest
    and i thought i was starting a serious thread...bah anyway you people are back to point 8. you restarted to live "normally"

kakrout,

It is nice to see you back here once again! However, you have provided us a post with some very interesting points, though a bit too many for anyone to want to seriously reply to all of them. You said you wanted to add your comments, and so you did. Relax, Froggy, it's going to be a long winter in Moscow! :-)

Fa-Q! Guest
    winter
    ================================
    Bite your tongue, old man! Don't even start using that word yet! I think I just put my sweaters and coats away like last week!

Fa-Q,

For calling me an old man, the loan of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" will now cost you a burger at Gilley's, you young whippersnapper!

Fa-Q! Guest
    Well, if we were down South, my old man would probably tear my ass up with a switch for being disrespctful to my elders. We're on neutral territory, though. It's a deal!

On the advice of my attorney, I would never be disrespectful to elders.

boscoe Guest
    Kniga - I 'dis' him all the time - he's forever forgetting to put in his hearing aid!

Originally posted by Fa-Q!
    Don't forget the Brand New Asshole!!! I'd be forever indebted if you would bring me the latest version of trivial pursuit, as well! Pleeeeease! They're like $30 at Wal Mart. I'll give you the loot when you get back. Oh, and a copy of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson. I can't find it anywhere.
    I have Trivial Pursuit Millenium. What's that worth to you since there's no Walmart here? Black market boad games. I'm gonna be rich!

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas hasn't aged well, and I suspect, neither has Hunter S. Thompson. Ralph Steadman has had a lot of cartoons and drawings published in the New Yorker the last year or so, and he's definately still worth reading. Weirdly, R. Crumb has had a run of his toons going in the New Yorker too--what's the world coming to when twisted fanatics like that are getting legitimate press pages? Oh, for the good old underground days....