littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Dieting folder

New Dieting folder

The food and recipe folder is quite popular, we have had a number of requests for a diet and dieting tips folder, a way to bolster and help others as well I suppose.

Good luck and be healthy

Len

Yeah, business discussions don't appear to be that successful I have to mention. Thaz a symptomatic sign of the basic orientation of the forum I guess Even sex and relationships do not bother. Pozhrat' by tol'ko

Here is the ONLY way to lose weight. It works every time.

Eat less - exercise more = weight loss.

Eat more - exercise less = weight gain.

Anything else is just a gimmick to make money.

Watch the fat content, eat a balanced diet, cut out the booze and like magic the fat from your body will disappear.

Simple!

Moscow Wolf is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Blue jabs Lucy. I believe in food combinations and try to stick as much as possible to the Hay Diet.

Diet is not just about weight control it is about the treatment of diabetes, gastro and other stomach/bowel disorders plus many other ailments. You are what you eat, I guess.

So - Who ate all the Pies, who ate all the Pies, you fat ******, you fat *******, who ate all the Pies........

When I used to bodybuild, I'd annually lose about 35 to 40 pounds. I would never ate less to do it. However, I did eat fewer calories. There is a huge difference in the two statements. The body works on some strange principles that actually make sense if you think about them. For instance, if you don't drink water, your body will store as much water as it can because it perceives that you are in dessert conditions. However, if you drink 2 gallons of water a day, your body won't store any water.

In a sense, the body does the same with food. If you only eat once a day, your body will store as much fat as possible and even burn muscle to do it. However, if you are continually eating, even low calorie or foods that are so difficult to digest that your body uses more calories to process them than they contain then your body sees that you are getting a continual supply of food and isn't as likely to store fat. Key 1 - eat many small meals during the day, as many as 6 or 7.

I'll drop some other hints as this goes on. Maybe I should start following my own advice again. I'm turned into a regular guy these days!
    That's me, as confused as a hungry baby in a topless bar!

Coffee. Chocolate. Men. Some things are just better rich!

lucy - i second that. works every time! it's simple, doesn't cost crazy money, result is as fast as you want it to be. all u need is a little info on fat&calories and sports + will )
    Mama told me not to come!

85StonePolarBear Guest
    I went down quite a bit (from 100 st to 85 st for the purposes of my identity on this site, but in reality more like 25 kgs in 9 months) using the South Beach Diet www.southbeachdiet.com

For me it is the beer, I sorta stopped drinking a few beers every night and that helps, also been to the gym 8 days out of the last 10, 20 mins abdoms and a bit of free weights, 30 mins swimming, then Sauna

It is very dificult for me to keep my Adonis body in such good shape
    Life is what you make it, we can ALL find negatives in everything, me, I prefer to see the positive, but hey, that's just me..

85StonePolarBear Guest
    Originally posted by moscowmail
    It is very dificult for me to keep my Adonis body in such good shape
    I would think that to maintain the inflatable Adonis sculpture which you keep in your bedroom, simple household cleaner would suffice !

Life is what you make it, we can ALL find negatives in everything, me, I prefer to see the positive, but hey, that's just me..

85StonePolarBear Guest
    Seriously, though, I should add that I walk at least 2 kms per day, and on weekends more like 5, though that may not be so easy anymore once winter hits.

And my only complaint about my diet is that something has happened to my ability to process alcohol - while whisky, vodka, and red wine are allowed on it, one drink now hits me like three .

yeah, bear, trying to walk to the furthermost tube station from the office every day - tha works already

and about drinks: why get upset about this - u are saving money on drinks now!

Moscow Wolf is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Is that comment about eating less and storing more fat backed up by medical science?

I ask because I know someone that eats like a mouse and can never lose an ounce/gramm yet when that person is under severe stress it drops off quickly It might be difficult to convince said person that by eating more, i.e. small meals as suggested (that is good advice for anyone BTW) that they might lose more weight than currently experienced eating next to nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast