littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's a question

Here's a question

I cannot tell you how many places I've been in recently (mostly restaurants, but also hair salons, wine bars) where there is one or more huge flat screen TVs showing the same *^%$#! fashion channel.

Why do I want to watch fashion TV while I'm eating pizza? Why? Is it that the establishment wants to show off that they can afford 1-4 flat screen TVs and the fashion channel is not language intensive? Why not sports or news?
    You say "potato." I say "vodka."

me thinks thou protests too much.

it is a bit intimidating I guess

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    me thinks thou protests too much.

it is a bit intimidating I guess
    It's just odd, is all. I like watching fashion TV, but I can't believe the rest of Moscow does.

look closer, every tenth model has a semi-transparent top

Christ, fashion TV has been going strong for 5 years at least. You have only now started to notice how it has taken over from MTV?
    If there is still anyone on this site who i HAVE NOT annoyed yet, please let me know and i promise i'll get to you as soon as i can!

Quote Originally Posted by trebor View Post
    Christ, fashion TV has been going strong for 5 years at least. You have only now started to notice how it has taken over from MTV?
    I've only been here since December.

Quote Originally Posted by MissAnnElk View Post
    I've only been here since December.
    I can't believe that. I can remember the restaurant i was working in, in Tyumen 3 years ago having Fashion TV in the restaurant.
    Fashion TV is television's answer to elevator music.
    If there is still anyone on this site who i HAVE NOT annoyed yet, please let me know and i promise i'll get to you as soon as i can!

Also they show cartoons.
    It's kinda strange and distracting.

I can't believe that. I can remember the restaurant i was working in, in Tyumen 3 years ago having Fashion TV in the restaurant.
    Fashion TV is television's answer to elevator music.
    I don't doubt you. I'm only saying I've only been in Russia since December, so I just put it together the other day and realized I see this everywhere. The question wasn't so much "How long has this been going on" as "WTF? Why is this so popular here?"

I don't doubt you. I'm only saying I've only been in Russia since December, so I just put it together the other day and realized I see this everywhere. The question wasn't so much "How long has this been going on" as "WTF? Why is this so popular here?"
    Okay, i understand what you are saying.
    Fashion TV is very popular in Russia on terraces in the summer and other bars and restaurants. Russians just love to sit around and see beautiful girls parade up and down on a TV screen while they have a drink.
    With reality setting in, i think like a lot of other things in the post 'crash' world we could be back to watching the babushkas begging for kopeks.

Okay, i understand what you are saying.
    Fashion TV is very popular in Russia on terraces in the summer and other bars and restaurants. Russians just love to sit around and see beautiful girls parade up and down on a TV screen while they have a drink.
    With reality setting in, i think like a lot of other things in the post 'crash' world we could be back to watching the babushkas begging for kopeks.
    Given the current state of affairs, a little escapism is understandable.

Given the current state of affairs, a little escapism is understandable.
    Agreed and fasion TV fed straight into a 'Russian' type of escapism. Beauty, wealth and style. Can anyone realy define it's appeal to the average Russian?

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    No complaints about fashion tv from me,the best part of FTV is when they show the maxim bikini shoot,

Elki,if you like,there is also fashion tv called F MEN..
    Last edited by Judge; 10-10-2008 at 22:53.

Last time I was in a restaurant they were showing a programme about preparing fish - from catching it to gutting it to cooking it. I could have lived without seeing it being gutted while I was eating...

It's just odd, is all. I like watching fashion TV, but I can't believe the rest of Moscow does.
    Ann, I hate fashion TV.

But I like fashion itself and kirk's style.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast