littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Start talks about Nizhny Novgorod

Start talks about Nizhny Novgorod

Good day to Everyone. I live in Nizhny Novgorod, large city about 400 km from Moscow. Is there anybody who's interested in discussion about some NN topics?
    As far as I know, there's no expat community in NN, but this forum could be good opportunity to initialise it. Everybody is welcome!

W

Why don't you post pictures of NN?

Expat in NN

Hey all,
    actually I am moving to NN in couple of months. Lived in US for very long time. But now my wife wants to come back.
    I am actually looking for work in NN, but found it quite hard to find.
    I am a Project Manager at IT company. Speak English and Russian fluently and have American education.

Would be great if someone has any suggestions!
    But chatting about NN is cool anyways.

Thanks.

Photos

Anton, you're right. As a matter of fact, these some days I was preparing photos to share. Now I have 5 photos of my own. Here they are.
    Friendly Nizhny Novgorod: Fortresses
    Last edited by nazza; 15-09-2008 at 16:08. Reason: Couldn't manage to make photos viewable.

Project Manager

Anton, I would like to help you in job search the way I can. Please right down what you already know about local job market as the IT sphere is concerned. I worked for a company that was preparing developers 3 years ago (http://htbs.nnov.ru/), so may be I would give you some helpful information.

Hands Guest
    I'll be in there September in a couple of weeks. Anything I need to see there?

What to visit

Hands, if you mean to say - what is worth sightseeing, I would advise you to walk in the Kremlin (Кремль). Other good places to walk are - Verchne-Volzskaya Naberezhnaya (Верхне-Волжская набережная), Nizhne-Volzhskaya Naberezhnaya (Нижне-Волжская набережная), Naberezhnaya Pheodorovskogo (Набережная Феодоровского), Yarmarka (Ярмарка, ярмарочный комплекс). If you will have possibility to get to travel more, you can visit Gorodets, Makaryevo Nunnery (Макарьевский монастырь), Diveevo Nunnery (Дивеевский монастырь), Bolshoe Boldino (Большое Болдино). If you have more specific interests such as sports, write back to me and may be I'll manage to help you.

project manager

Hi,
    do not know much about local companies in NN. Do know there are more of them these days but nothing specific.
    Would like to use American education, Project Management experience and English as primary points in search of a job.

Job for developers in NN

As job for software developers is concerned, look at these three, the most large companies:
    . MERA Networks, Inc.
    "": .
    And there is research centre of Intel http://www.intel.com/

Intel in Nizhny Novgorod

Anton, I posted previous message and then suddenly have found local site of Intel:
    | ITLab

lovely city

Quote Originally Posted by nazza View Post
    Anton, you're right. As a matter of fact, these some days I was preparing photos to share. Now I have 5 photos of my own. Here they are.
    Friendly Nizhny Novgorod: Fortresses
    thanks, nazza, your fotos are beautiful! i hope to visit your city sometime soon!
    ALL I WANT IS TO BE WORSHIPED...IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK?

Little trip to Nizhny Novgorod

I went by car and my trip Moscow-NN-Diveevo Moscow was about 1100 km !!! Road was not bad, I dont want to describe it, cause you know about Russian roads !
    So Moscow- Nizhny Novgorod takes us about 5 hours. Only 1 time (thank God) we were stopped (near Vladimir city) by policeman, and now we must pay for high speed. He was so kind and our payment is about only 300 rub. Its min tax.
    I lived at Minina str. (its the center of NN, near the Kremlin).
    It was a little time there, but I love NN all my heart Oka and Volga river, Kremlin, Boat Station, Verhnevolzhskaya Embankment, Pokrovskaya str (look like Arbat in Moscow) its the small parts of NN I can see.
    Oh, guys, info for you, in NN so many pretty women !! And its true!!! Hm. I think much more than in Moscow!!!
    Well, I talk with some men from NN, they asked me where Iam from, we discussed a big Moscow prices and of course weather.
    Diveevo is a saint place not far from NN (about 170 km). I lived near the Monastery at the Hotel "Diveevo Sloboda" It has a 3* status, lovely wood-houses for tourists with good territory, but not cheap.
    Road Diveevo Moscow is about 430 km.
    Well Iam back, with all my memories, with 575 pictures!!!!

for nazza - Roma, thank you for your pictures, and your Internet page about NN !
    for Pete - my pics exceeds the forum's limit
    for MELODY- Dear, Iam sure you need to go there !!!! Beautiful place!
    A bird may be known by its song...

A story of Moscowite who lived in NN 3 years

I have worked and lived in NN for almost three years in 2004-2006, as a coordinator of the donor-funded consulting project. Our office was very close to Bolshaya Pokrovka. The locals call it 'Gorkovski Arbat' humorously featuring famous Moscow's Arbat pedestrian street and Gorky, the old Soviet name of Nizhny Novgorod.

I moved to NN from Moscow with my family. We found a nice big apartment at Zvezdinka Street. My wife got a job in the local office of AIG, insurance company, and my son went to kindergarten. Though our car radio was twice stolen, and car window broken to pieces, we had a great time there, really unforgettable.

After the project finished, we returned to Moscow. Apart from sweet memories, I've saved enought to pay for my MBA which I am doing now part-time in England.

is4fun is offline Should I give up the day Job?
    Thanks for the post nazza. Great PICs. Where would be a good place to stay if one wanted to visit NN?

Free Accomodation!

Quote Originally Posted by is4fun View Post
    Thanks for the post nazza. Great PICs. Where would be a good place to stay if one wanted to visit NN?
    stay at ADAMODEUS's house! his family lives there and his baba makes great cakes! i'm sure he won't mind you showing up at their doorstep with your luggage!
    ALL I WANT IS TO BE WORSHIPED...IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast