PDA

View Full Version : Adult forum

Horace
25-06-2004, 16:43
I am over 18, please grant me access to the adult forums.

Thankyou in anticipation!

Teutonic Deity
26-06-2004, 01:38
you must have made a minimum of 3127 posts before gaining access... :-)

kniga
26-06-2004, 10:14
LOL!

GreatArcticBear
26-06-2004, 10:34
With a name like Horace (w****-**s) he should definitely be granted admission.

kniga
26-06-2004, 10:41
LKKL,

What's so funny about the name Horace?

sparkgate
02-07-2004, 19:30
I, too, would like to request access to the adult forums. Along with the others I am over 18 and interested. Please.

Thank you.

Braders
05-07-2004, 01:07
Access is only granted if you're an active member of the public forums, this of course doesn't mean you can post 19 'test threads' in the Practice area ;)

We expect to see a minimum of 20 posts before access is granted.

Bob's ya Uncle and Fanny's ya Aunt!

Over and out.

Lance B. Johnson
08-07-2004, 13:15
hey man, lance wants in on the adults forum.

Braders
08-07-2004, 20:51
No

Leo
12-07-2004, 00:22
Originally posted by Braders
Access is only granted if you're an active member of the public forums, this of course doesn't mean you can post 19 'test threads' in the Practice area ;)

We expect to see a minimum of 20 posts before access is granted.
Over and out. This rule will not make the board better:

It's a little 'extreme' to demand that people post under the same login both in Business section, for example, and in Bardak; nor is it fair to expect posters with double identities to reveal them EVEN to moderators as it's been shown on this very site that sometimes the mods can break their professional ethics and make private info a public knowledge (what do you want, some of them are mere human, like us:)

Finally, some people may only be interested to post in Bardak, and to make them post elsewhere (twenty times!) "just because" the access shouldn't be 'too easy' is to add garbage to the board.

Access to Bardak was restricted not because its content is so "exclusively precious" that only serious long-time posters deserve it, quite the contrary: the contents is so abusive that people are asked to request access to that they don't bother moderators with any complaints afterwards.

Braders
12-07-2004, 01:27
Seeing as i have already discussed this with all the other Admin and Moderators, i'll say this 'like it or lump it'

cheers ears.

Col. Brokov
15-07-2004, 18:02
Does this count as a post towards entry to the fabled adult section? I hope so!

IRS_Runner
16-07-2004, 12:20
Me too me too! ;)

Teutonic Deity
16-07-2004, 13:20
Originally posted by Col. Brokov
Does this count as a post towards entry to the fabled adult section? I hope so!

Technical Support and Practice Area posts *do not* count towards your overall number of posts...

Leo
17-07-2004, 15:08
Seeing as i have already discussed this with all the other Admin and Moderators, i'll say this 'like it or lump it'

cheers ears. It is one of the biggest human pleasures: to have an intelligent discussion, and such a pity Braders doesn't want to have this pleasure:( Not even as much as a single argument...

Come on, mods, you've come up with a useful innovation, don't you want people to know what exactly is good about it?? That is the way to gain people's respect and appreciation (that you often complain you don't have), and it's a much better way than sniping at your critics.

Great that the rules have been finally (sic: only AFTER this public discussion started:)) discussed with the other admins - unfortunately, they've been already applied for some time by certain mods, and not applied by the others.

Moderators can create any rules and they don't have to explain the reasons, fine, but if they don't even do as little as posting the rules before apllying it will get too confusing, don't you think?

Leo
17-07-2004, 15:19
Originally posted by Teutonic Deity
Technical Support and Practice Area posts *do not* count towards your overall number of posts... If now users can only get access to Bardak as a "reward" :):) then common sense suggests that it's not the "location' of the posts but the nature that counts.

If a person responds to somebody's question in Tech Support and helps solve a problem after moderators' attempts were either wrong or too confusing (like in Sadie's thread here), that does count. If somebody says something silly or rude in information.. well, it can also count depending on what's considered a "good enough reference" to enter Bardak:)

moscowmail
17-07-2004, 18:19
LEO, or whatever you want ot cal yourself.

A rule has been made, for the right decisions, if you don't like it, well adios, see ya, etc....

Do not start your same old crap, NOBODY agrees with it.

Leo
17-07-2004, 20:02
MM, I don't really understand what you want to discuss with me. OK, I'll still try.

I don't like it?? I said "FINE, we'll go by ANY rules (didn't you read my coments?) but at least post them before applying". Have you just said "NOBODY agrees with that"??

The true "old crap" is when people don't have the time to read the whole thread, yet can't resist making comments.

Let's make an amicable agreement: you say that your words and actions are perfect and you have nothing to learn from anybody, and I'll promise not to ever comment on your posts in future. Deal?

DPG
17-07-2004, 22:17
Leo:

As I write this reply, there are currently 5948 members registered on these forums. Subtracting your 60 logins, still leaves us with an overwhelming majority who have absolutely no problem with rules that the 4 admins come-up with and discuss and then if we agree, apply. Indeed there are a large number of members who actively support us in what we do and provide us with help - thanks people! (you are not one of those people Leo-et al.)

Bardak entry is of course open to anyone, we are however aiming to be an infomative site and have become a community of sorts and therefore wish to try to ensure that people using this site are not only doing so for the adult folders, but, have also contributed something to it in the form of information and general posts.

As we have said many times over (and if you care to look this and many other rules are actually displayed in announcements and 'stickies'), if someone has extenuating circumstances (e.g. mutiple personality syndrome) regarding the 20 post rule, they can approach us and we will see if we can accommodate these circumstances.

This rule is working and is making 4 guy's (who also have other jobs) lives easier - think about things from the perspective of us for a moment (and no-doubt for the first time), you don't get 30 PMs everyday asking for Bardak access that you have to check and reply-to, we do...

Subject closed.

Leo
18-07-2004, 02:39
DPG, thanks for the interesting post. Your attempts to explain things are grealy appreciated, but you do overestimate my desire to make your life miserable:)
Originally posted by DPG
Subtracting your 60 logins Same IP doesn't mean same person, it doesn't even mean same computer, ask any computer expert.
Overwhelming majority who have absolutely no problem with rules The majority doesn't discuss problems because they are either too busy, or too lazy, or not able to look deeper, or can't put in clear words what they don't like, or too scared to get banned, or simply don't care, or because there are no problems on the site. It's wrong to only presume the latter.
Indeed there are a large number of members who actively support us in what we do and provide us with help. If your goal is to make this board fun and user friendly then you will recognize that it's exactly what I am helping you with.
As we have said many times over (and if you CARE to look this and many other rules are actually displayed in announcements and 'stickies'), if someone has mutiple personality syndrome, they can approach us and we will see if we can accommodate these circumstances. In the beginning the 20 posts rule was applied without notice (until I raised the question), and it didn't respect the interests of multilogin users. I'm happy that my comments helped make this rule better.
Think about things from the perspective of us for a moment (and no-doubt for the FIRST time), you don't get 30 PMs everyday asking for Bardak access that you have to check and reply-to, we do... That's exactly my point, the 20 posts rule doesn't bring enough good for the site to justify your extra efforts having now to check all those posts.
This rule is working and is making 4 guy's (who also have other jobs) lives easier. Easier?

kniga
18-07-2004, 11:21
Leo,

What a peckish pedant you are!

ChinChilla
18-07-2004, 11:43
Leo, nice job!
You should get acquainted with 1st. You guys seem to have so much in common and will never run out of topics to discuss!

Kick their ass ;), I've been begging for this f@(c)i*$)g[moderated by ChinChilla :p] access to bardak for a whole week!

kniga
18-07-2004, 12:03
ChinChilla,

Well, yes -- with a grand total of 6 posts, you certainly should be intimately familiar with all aspects of the Expat.ru site and its administrative problems.

Moscow Wolf
18-07-2004, 12:15
Well I vote Horace in, he's homeless and anybody that'll drink the Spitoon in the Tavern is alright by me!

ChinChilla
18-07-2004, 12:19
And the award for the best GUESS (http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10637) goes to.. Kniga!! :p

kniga
18-07-2004, 12:33
ChinChilla,

I'd let you in Bardak on the basis of your well developed sense of humor! :-)

Horace
18-07-2004, 12:35
Originally posted by Moscow Wolf
Well I vote Horace in, he's homeless and anybody that'll drink the Spitoon in the Tavern is alright by me!

Thanks for the support Wolfie. I'm not bothered whether I join or not. Iv'e heard its crap anyway!

DPG
18-07-2004, 12:46
Originally posted by Leo
Same IP doesn't mean same person, it doesn't even mean same computer, ask any computer expert.

I know, and am MORE than proficient with computers myself thank you very much - as are the other Administrators, especially TD. Also, our software (much of which you as a user don't see) is designed by 'computer experts'. Also, I'm not only talking about IPs.

Originally posted by Leo
too lazy, or not able to look deeper, or can't put in clear words what they don't like, or too scared to get banned, or simply don't care

If I were another user of the forum, I would take great offense at this. Again, as I earlier stated, many of the other users are FAR more helpful to us than you are with your pedantic and misguided raving.

Originally posted by Leo
In the beginning the 20 posts rule was applied without notice (until I raised the question)

How do you know this?? I can't read people's PMs - can you? Notice is not important, upholding a rule (which was instigated for a good reason) decided by the 4 forum admins is. People were explicitley informed of this when they asked for access.

Originally posted by Leo
and it didn't respect the interests of multilogin users.

Actually it did (all they had to do was say who they were/are). Also, so you can get all your logins in order, the issue of multi-logins is one that we shall shortly be addressing.

Originally posted by Leo
the 20 posts rule doesn't bring enough good for the site to justify your extra efforts having now to check all those posts. Easier?

You have no idea - the rule actually makes us use (a lot) less effort because people without 20 don't bother PMing now (naturally there is the odd one, but nothing like what there used to be).

Originally posted by DPG
Subject closed.

Which of the above two words didn't you understand?? Or was it the combination that confused you??

kniga
18-07-2004, 12:59
DPG,

And you signed on as a moderator for this?

DPG
18-07-2004, 13:09
I know - Braders, MM and I have already asked the Queen to take back our commissions and get us pensioned out of the Special-Admin-Services (SAS).

As for TD, well he'll have to approach the President about leaving Delta-Admin I suppose!! :-)

kniga
18-07-2004, 13:21
LOL!

Leo
18-07-2004, 14:55
Originally posted by DPG
Many of the other users are FAR more helpful to us than you are Could you give me a few examples of how they do it, seriously, I am always happy to learn. I tried to look through the site but couldn't find much of what you are talking about.

The issue of multi-logins is one that we shall shortly be addressing. Make sure you figure out how not to prevent families and friends from using the same computer

How do you know that the rule was applied without notice?? I can't read people's PMs - can you? I know this from my friends whom I invited to join an interesting and friendly site. Got tired of forwarding the funny Bardak stuff to them and instructed them how to do it on their own. Oops...

the rule actually makes us use (a lot) less effort because people without 20 don't bother PMing now. But people "with 20" make you check all those posts instead of just one PM as you used to do.

Notice is not important . Either you give notice, or you'll keep getting bothered by as many ignorant users as ever. May be you shouldn't look so negatively at everything I suggest?

Subject closed. --------------Which of the above two words didn't you understand?? Or was it the combination that confused you?? Do you have an Army background?

Braders
18-07-2004, 17:45
Originally posted by ChinChilla
Leo, nice job!
You should get acquainted with 1st. You guys seem to have so much in common and will never run out of topics to discuss!

Kick their ass ;), I've been begging for this f@(c)i*$)g[moderated by ChinChilla :p] access to bardak for a whole week!

Leo was 1st who is now Banned 1st. Gordon Bennett!

DPG take out a warranty on your keyboard immediately, you're gonna need it :p

Braders
18-07-2004, 18:18
Sod it i think i'll join the fray for a laugh.

Could you give me a few examples of how they do it, seriously, I am always happy to learn. I tried to look through the site but couldn't find much of what you are talking about.

This is a community where soon to be expats come on the site and ask questions and hopefully get informed answer from expats who have lived here for a long time, that is helpful and informative, you waste our time with your persistant complaining about the running of the site, not one sane person on this site can understand your mission here Leo, because it is a Mission!, i have no idea what you are attempting to achieve, ALL the admin think you have a screw loose, indeed i think most of the site does, ALL the Admin have told you the matters closed, yet you keep throwing your toys like a little kid who wants Two toffees and has only been offered One!....where exactly have you been helpful to the running of this site?, i have seen you replying to a few questions about translating and apartments the rest of the time you spend posting innane messages about editing and deleting, NOBODY is interested, what they are interested in and there is a big difference here Leo, wait for it....is you! and your conquest, i am sure they find it bloody amusing, you wasting our time.
Because that's all your doing, wasting our time.

But people "with 20" make you check all those posts instead of just one PM as you used to do.

So what? we the Admin are happy with it, you're not happy with, deal with it, next question...

moscowmail
18-07-2004, 18:23
Leo, for goodness sake, get a LIFE.....

Guys, please just her.... it whatever... .it is really not worth all this crap with her, you only encourage her, IGNORE, actually I may just ban gher for being a complete bore and having far to many logins, at least 40 by last count......

GreatArcticBear
18-07-2004, 18:49
40 logins? There are people with fewer personalities than that in places like Broadmoor ;) ;) ;) ;)

Horace D.
18-07-2004, 19:49
Some POWER CRAZED MANIAC - possibly DPG has deleted me and reduced me to a guest!

I have had to register again.

Wolfman come to my rescue and savage these, these, ..........!!

Talk about kicking a man when he is down! Don't you think its tough enough being homeless?

Why haven't you deleted Leo?

Why me?

So what if I said your Adult forum is crap?

kniga
18-07-2004, 22:25
Good question! Delete Leo, promote Horace to the adult site!

Leo
19-07-2004, 02:31
Leo was 1st who is now Banned 1st.I don't think private info should ever be discussed on the open board (regardless of whether the guesses are right or wrong).
I have seen you replying to a few questions about translating and apartments, the rest of the time you spend posting innane messages about editing Since you are claiming I have multiple logins, why don't you take into consideration the total amount of useful stuff I posted to help people under my presumed other logins? It will add up to more than average. Let's count?

-----------

Moscowmail, why do you call me "her"? How can you talk about banning after a polite discussion, and after I said I will go by any rules, no need to even explain? It is very, extremely unfair.
I can only imagine the reaction if I said: "your site is crap", or "DPG is a Power Crazed Maniac" - like I see others do.

OK, let's make an agreement: whenever you don't like how a discussion develops, tell me you'd ban me, and I promise to declare you a winner (or give me a one time warning, but then you need to post the rules that I shouldn't break).

If all I have is words, and you have the baseball bat, so much for the free exchange of opinions.

(PS. If only you knew how upsetting it is to keep trying to duscuss specific issues, giving logical arguments and hear NOTHING specific in responce, only "get a LIFE, it is really not worth all this crap, IGNORE, adios, see ya, 'like it or lump it'..
Are we not a community here but a herd?

Smurfette
19-07-2004, 03:06
Please, enough already!!!

Braders
19-07-2004, 05:34
I don't think private info should ever be discussed on the open board (regardless of whether the guesses are right or wrong).

Well they are right in this case, so that clears that up for starters.

Private Info?, don't make me laugh, private info is a persons real name, their address, phone number, business... hell even their pets name.

We the Admin choose when it's beneficial to the site to release another members nicname, (again here it comes 'if you don't like it, lump it') we don't want other members thinking you actually have people who support you in your mission. When all along it's JUST you as usual.

Since you are claiming I have multiple logins, why don't you take into consideration the total amount of useful stuff I posted to help people under my presumed other logins? It will add up to more than average. Let's count?

claiming? let's get this straight Leo... we KNOW you have loads of the blighters!
I am not taking anything into consideration where you're concerned you've dug a deep bloody hole, start trying to climb out of it.
We RUN these forums... drop this nonsense about editing, deleting and polls on editing/deleting and then we can all go on our Merry way, the alternative is simple... if you don't your days are numbered in here.

It's as simple as ABC.

lucytupper
19-07-2004, 10:33
What about Horace. Why was he deleted?

moscowmail
19-07-2004, 11:17
Whoops, I think I deleted Horace, i will check and amend.

Leo, you have stated so many times and made it clear you are a she, and I wil not explain all over again and again to you.

This thread is closed, and Leo, last time, if you don't want to be banned again, please think of NOT boring the pants off everyone..

Horrace, i think I deleted your comments because you were swearing...

Leo
19-07-2004, 14:44
MoscowMail you are right! I was wrong and I apologize!

--

By the way Braders, nice metaphor from your previous post: "You keep throwing your toys like a little kid who wants Two toffees and has only been offered One!" (- that's the way to have a discussion!). The difference is I tell you WHY a necessary calorie intake equals two toffees:)

Actually, I only start a conversation when I have logical arguments, otherwise it would be boring the pants off everyone.:snoring:

Have you noticed that we people are all alike: it seems to you that I only concentrate on editing and deleting, and it seems to me that you don't notice the total amount of useful stuff I post: look, even after I drew your attention to this, you devoted your long reply again only to editing/deleting. But that's human nature, I think:)

OK, let's close this discussion,
Leo.

moscowmail
19-07-2004, 16:30
OK discussion closed.